Author Topic: Horror steampunk-like campaign : Quest ideas  (Read 2310 times)

Offline Nolthestranger

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Horror steampunk-like campaign : Quest ideas
« on: March 18, 2012, 01:29:48 PM »
After bringing to life a homemade world, including classes, i find myself lacking inspiration on quests, events and the like.
I'm already roaming the "creepy event thread" from WotC, but couldn't help wondering : What are your ideas ?

Here are the rough specs :

-The world is limited to an island like country (limited by a force dome)
-Said force dome blocks most of the sun rays (yay, every one is pale, and vampires can walk freely in "daytime")
-Said force dome severly prevents arcane magic usage, though souls can be used as an alternate source of power
-Think werewolf, vampires, possession and demon pacts

I need outcomes where whatever you do, there is no White/Black choices, it's only a matter of perspectives, and choosing the lesser evil for the greater good.

Offline SneeR

• Legendary Member
  • Sneering
    • View Profile
Re: Horror steampunk-like campaign : Quest ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 04:03:51 PM »
Vampire spawn children? Not like it would be a challenge for a vampire to sneak into an orphanage. Do the adventurers try to kill the minions or search for a cure?
A smile from ear to ear
3.5 is disappointingly flawed.

Offline Nolthestranger

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 06:24:09 AM »
Yeah, i've tought about those "Run after the culprit vs save the victims" choices but was searching for even worse dilemas, Where either way you're doing some evil.

In your example, either way you're doing something Good !
It's a choice of life over justice, even if the culprit commits another crime, people can't blame you, you did your part in saving those kids (or trying to).

Offline SneeR

• Legendary Member
  • Sneering
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 06:51:07 AM »
Okay...
Town has low resources due to crops not growing well in poor sunlight. There are bums in the streets that tend to steal. Disease sweeps through, hitting children and elderly the hardest.

A healer kidnaps said vagrants and uses their souls to power magic that he uses to treat the sick.

Perhaps an informant of the PC's gets kidnapped (either mistaken for bum or actual bum) and they find that this healer is almost single-handedly keeping the population in the town alive. His demon master would not take kindly to being cut off from the souls he trades healing magic for.

Stop use of "innocent" souls as demon chow and let disease and vengeful demon boss wreak havoc on village? Allow this depraved practice? YOU DECIIIIIIIDE.
A smile from ear to ear
3.5 is disappointingly flawed.

Offline Nolthestranger

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 08:50:03 AM »
Nice, perfect fitting ! You sir get à cookie !

Sooo... Bad methodes for Good reason = hard choices ?

If you get others like this one... !
You're making my day !