Author Topic: The H.I.V.E. Lite  (Read 2539 times)

Offline 7h39

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
The H.I.V.E. Lite
« on: September 22, 2015, 11:51:22 AM »
Hi, i was thinking about the old HIVE "dirty trick", that could be achieved simply by a LV7 Druid with the Child of Winter Feat and the Dark Speech (FC1) Feat, simply conjuring a locust swarm (5000 creatures by the SRD) and giving the hive mind to it the round after. -> Enjoy your 82th Lv Sorceror with 99 Cha and 200+ feats.

Some RAW questions.

Dark Speech (FC1 & EE) is slightly different from the one from BoVD, someone in the boards pointed out that the feats spells out "hive mind" (that could possibly refeer to the "hive mind (ex)" ability from srd's hellwasp swarm, but not present into the MM1 glossary, so my personal thought is that isn't a general rule, as per the BoVD equivalent. moreover the same ability "hive mind (ex)" is present in other books (MM5,MM4) with different descriptions. ) and not "hivemind" as it's spelled on the relevant chapter of the BoVD. What's your point on this?

Hivemind chapter on BoVD talks about a SWARMS composed by singular creatures each one with his HitDice [see the feat section, and the insight bonus section], moreover the srd says about the swarm type that " For game purposes a swarm is defined as a single creature with a space of 10 feet", so it seems that a true SWARM should be composed by singular creatures and not a placeholder-creature as the swam type. The same reference on the singularity of the creatures of the SWARM is into the dark unity description of the dark speech by BoVD.
On the other hand Dark Speech from FC1 and EE eliminates this reference and simply names "a swarm" that by game rules, without futher specifications, could simply refers to the swarm subtype.
Can you suggest me a way to overcome this inconvenience?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 12:06:00 PM by 7h39 »

Offline PlzBreakMyCampaign

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
    • View Profile
Re: The H.I.V.E. Lite
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 04:29:49 PM »
I'm really grasping for what you are after. I think it's A) if dark speech in FC1 and EE refers to BoVD's hivemind and B) you seem to mention some create-composing-a-swarm vs separate creatures become a hivemind dichotomy.

You really need to citations because I don't feel like chasing page numbers that you apparently already have. Also you should separate out your questions better. I always do the above and people still misunderstand my attempts at clarity. It doesn't surprise me no one's tried to answer your questions.