Author Topic: Avatar trouble  (Read 2615 times)

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Disclaimer: not at full capacity yet
    • View Profile
« on: October 01, 2015, 08:33:01 PM »
HAAALP

As you can see, my precious avatar isn't up anymore.  This is because the imageshack image expired today apparently.  So now i have it on Photobucket, but it's not letting me put the image into my avatar.  So help?  Please?
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
Re: Avatar trouble
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 08:36:50 PM »
You have lost the Avatar, amd your honor!
"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down."

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 08:39:27 PM »
Help me regain my honor  :(
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 08:51:36 PM »
I can host it for you - it would be a temporary fix, since I'm hosting mine on some space I got from my university, but it would be a fix.

At least until your honor can find a home.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 08:54:17 PM »
I don't know why it's not accepting the URL.  Like, I've done it from the Phototbucket copy to clipboard function, using each of the four options (only the direct link should work), and that gives a Photobucket site image (like, "click this to go to photobucket!").  Otherwise it's a broken image.  Viewing the image and copying that url also is a broken image.  So if I can fix it to Photobucket it'll be permanent, which is better.  I shouldn't have to need a new hosting site.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 08:58:12 PM by dman11235 »

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 08:59:57 PM »
I don't know why it's not accepting the URL.  Like, I've done it from the Phototbucket copy to clipboard function, using each of the four options (only the direct link should work), and that gives a Photobucket site image (like, "click this to go to photobucket!").  Otherwise it's a broken image.  Viewing the image and copying that url also is a broken image.

That's because Photobucket is... Photobucket. I've noticed a lot of broken avatars due to Photobucket.

May I suggest Imgur?
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 09:04:30 PM »
ugh, fine, I subscribed to Imgur.....My honor was worth it.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 09:11:00 PM »
Imgur does not require subscription?

At least, last time I checked.

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 09:26:37 PM »
I mean I needed to sign up for it.