Author Topic: Anthropitect (prc) [Magipunk]  (Read 1929 times)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Anthropitect (prc) [Magipunk]
« on: May 31, 2017, 11:37:08 AM »
Had an idea based on Imagineer, though the final product isn't actually related to that class in any way... lol.

ANTHROPITECT

Picture Credit: extremetech.com

"You will emerge from your chrysalis today, either through your own impetus... or through mine."
-Aimon Yuune, deputy director of the Jarrash Training Center.

An anthropitect uses (admittedly shady) mental techniques to inspire "personal growth" in their allies.

BECOMING AN ANTHROPITECT
To become an anthropitect, one must have levels in both Biosynth and Mentalist.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Skills: Heal 5 ranks, Negotiation 8 ranks, Psi 5 ranks.
   Special: Artificial selection (biosynth) class feature; evolution 0 class feature; must have at least one Stage I evolution.
   Special: Resonance 1 class feature; must know the Psychic Beacon power.

Class Skills
 The Anthropitect's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Animal Affinity (Cha), Athletics (Str), Concentration (Wis), Engineering (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Negotiation (Cha), Perception (Wis), Persuasion (Cha), Profession (Wis), Psi (Int), and Scholarship (Int).
Skills Points at Each  Level : 2 + Int

Table: The AnthropitectHD: d6

Level
Base
Attack
Bonus
+0
+1
+1
+2
+2
+3
+3
+4
+4
+5

Fort
Save
+2
+3
+3
+4
+4
+5
+5
+6
+6
+7

Ref
Save
+0
+0
+1
+1
+1
+2
+2
+2
+3
+3

Will
Save
+2
+3
+3
+4
+4
+5
+5
+6
+6
+7

Special
Candles in the dark, distribution 0, evolution 0 
Evolution
Distribution 1, transmission
Evolution
Post-biotics, resonance 2
Evolution
Distribution 2
Evolution
Transference
Evolution, transcension

Manifesting
--
+1 level of existing manifesting class
--

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: An anthropitect gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Manifesting: At each level except 1st and 5th, an anthropitect gains additional power points per day and powers known, as well as an increase in effective manifester level, as if she had also gained a level in whatever manifesting class she belonged to before she added the anthropitect level. She does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (such as new class features). This essentially means that she adds the level of anthropitect to the level of whatever manifesting class the character has, then determines power points per day, powers known, and manifester level accordingly.

Candles in the Dark (Su): The first trick that an anthropitect learns is to keep track of her wayward children (aka her allies). Whenever she targets an ally with the psychic beacon power, it only costs her 1 power point instead of 3. Note that, assuming the ally fails the save (either by being a willing target, or by rolling normally), this also establishes resonance between the anthropitect and that ally, as per her Resonance class feature. In addition, she may spend a single swift action to determine the distance and direction to all allies on whom she has manifested psychic beacon, even those who are more than 1000 feet away.

Distribution (Su): An anthropitect seeks to improve all worthy creatures, whether or not they realize that they need improvement; this policy in particular applies to her allies. By spending a move action, the anthropitect may grant the benefit of her Evolution 0 class feature to any allies with whom she has resonance, no matter their distance. She may affect a maximum number of allies equal to her class level with this ability, and the effect lasts for 1 round. When she activates this ability, or by spending a swift action at any other time while it is active, she can spend power points to extend the duration by 1 round per power point spent, up to the normal limit of power points that can be spent on activation of her class features. She may dismiss the effect prematurely with a swift action.

At 3rd level, the anthropitect's ability to enhance her allies expands, and she may grant the benefit of a single Stage I eolve she has instead of her evolution 0 natural attack. She can grant both of these at the same time by spending two separate move actions, but cannot grant more than a single Stage I evolve at a time. At 7th level, she gains the ability to grant the benefit of a single Stage II evolve she has instead of her evolution 0 natural attack or a Stage I evolve. She can grant more than one of these at the same time by spending a separate move action for each, but cannot grant more than a single Stage I evolve and a single Stage II evolve at a time.

Evolution 0 (Ex): An anthropitect adds half her class levels (rounded up) to her Synthevolver levels for the purpose of determining the base damage and number of attacks granted by her Evolution 0 class feature.

Evolution: At 2nd level, and at each even level after, the anthropitect gains an additional evolve of any stage to which she has access.

Transmission (Su): Beginning at 3rd level, an anthropitect truly understands the value of communication and coordination. She automatically learns the eidetic lock, mindlink, and sense link powers, if she does not know them already, and can manifest them upon any ally with which she has resonance, at any range.

Post-biotics (Ex): Upon reaching 5th level, an anthropitect's experiments in synthetic evolution have paid even more dividends, even bypassing the strictures of wetware. She gains access to Stage II biosynth evolves and Stage I mechanosynth evolves, which she can select as normal whenever she acquires a new evolve.

Resonance: When an anthropitect achieves 5th level, her efficiency with resonant manifesting improves. Each failed save grants a target 2 Resonance points instead of 1.

Transference (Su): At 9th level, an anthropitect learns to directly impose her will on another's biology. As a full-round action, she can grant a single ally with whom she has resonance the benefit of any number of evolves she has (including her evolution 0 natural attack) for a number of rounds equal to her class level.

To activate this ability, the anthropitect must also spend power points based on what abilities she wishes to transfer. This costs 1 power point to transfer her evolution 0 natural attack, and 2, 5, or 8 power points for each Stage I, Stage II, or Stage III evolve, respectively; transferring mechanosynth evolves instead of biosynth evolves requires an additional 2 power points for each one. If the anthropitect has a Final Evolve from any list (biosynth, mechanosynth, or Darwinist), she may transfer it by spending 15 power points. As usual, the maximum number of power points that a character may spend on a given class feature is limited by her manifester level.

Transcension (Ex): An anthropitect who has reached 10th level has moved past her original existence in almost every sense. She gains access to Stage III biosynth evolves and Stage II mechanosynth evolves, which she can select as normal whenever she acquires a new evolve.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Anthropitect (prc) [Magipunk]
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 11:37:40 AM »
Reserving in case

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Anthropitect (prc) [Magipunk]
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 11:38:05 AM »
Re-read all my Magipunk stuff a couple days ago, and was inspired to brew something. Wheeeeeeeee