Author Topic: 3.5 help with Cleric build (no DMM)  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Skorpio

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
3.5 help with Cleric build (no DMM)
« on: February 16, 2020, 03:19:49 PM »
Hi there, I need some advice to build my cleric please.

Level 10, PHB + DMG + Complete Arcane/Divine/Adventure/Warrior, no Divine Metamagic allowed
I can have any two domains instead of a God
30.000 gp for the equipment
I can choose between these two series (I can re-arrange the single scores):

I was thinking about Cleric 4 / Church Inquisitor 6 since I like that PrC and to use the second stats-set because I think is better on average and can be a good/balanced melee cleric. I don't know the other PCs in the party (dont'ask -_-) but we will be 5 PCs in total. I'm thinking to get Contemplative at Level 11.
Str 16
Dex 13
Con 15
Wis 16 (+2 stat advancements)
Cha 9

Domains: Travel & Celerity
Feats:
Power Attack
Weapon Prof: Greatsword
Domain Spontaneity (to use mainly with Haste/Blur from Celerity)
Extra Turning (to fuel Domain Spontaneity)
Lighting Reflect (to make an even more balanced character, but I'm not convinced about this, could swap for another Domain Spont. to use with Travel)

Magic Items:
Option 1:
Periapt of Wisdom +4 (16000) to have a total of 22 Wis and 1 more level 6 spell at day (at next level)
GS +1 (2350)
Animated Shield +1 (9170)

Option 2:
Periapt of Wisdom +2
GS+1
Animated Shield
Cloak of Charisma +2
???? (Ring of Protection +1)

I know this is a mess so I really appreciate some help, I started with the idea of using Turn Attempt to fuel both Domain Spontaneity and Profane Boost for some Inflicts in melee, I really like a "bad touch cleric" idea but it seems really subpar.

I have the feeling to waste the rolled stats if I use the first series and maybe make a full Caster since I can do that with worse series (1-2 good stats are enough for that).

Help me please XD

Offline Zellsantal

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: 3.5 help with Cleric build (no DMM)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 06:58:56 PM »
If your DM let's you I say for the fallowing books and stuff:

Arms and Armor by Jim Butler, Steve Creech, and Kevin Ruesch- https://memberfiles.freewebs.com/88/99/39289988/documents/D&D%203.5%20-%20Arms%20And%20Armor%20Revised.pdf
Get the great sword weighted, its a 2d8 with 18-20x2 crit

Magic Item Compendium- Get strong arm bracers, 6k and with it can hold a shield in one hand and the great sword in the other.

Dragon #306 p100/Dragon Compendium p106- the feat Serenity, switch's your turnings to be using your WIS stat instead of your CHA. Being you have low CHA that might help you more.

Tome of Battle- 1 level of Crusader, then when your level enough with cleric go Ruby Knight though with the knight your goddess would have to be Wee Jas unless your DM is ok with who ever good you pick.

All I got, if none of it well I at lest tried lol.