Author Topic: Dice Masters (now with a sales pitch!)  (Read 2988 times)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Dice Masters (now with a sales pitch!)
« on: July 24, 2016, 02:48:48 PM »
I just discovered this game and it's great. Right now though I'm looking at the cards pretty aimless but I'm slowly getting some ideas for a team. Does anyone else here play this game? ~ Me a week or so ago
So I'm guessing that's a big nope.

Well you should!
(click to show/hide)

Those images are awesome! Tell me all about them!
Imagine Dungeons & Dragons and Magic The Gathering had an illegitimate child and you're over halfway there! You start with eight white dice of NPC/Sidekicks whom like the frigging power rangers can come together and summon mighty superheros and/or D&D heroes & monsters. Like Magic The Gathering you feild creatures and beat the crap out of your opponent's 20 life using "Basic Action Cards" to cast powerful spells like Polymorph or to throw a goddamn car at your opponent's heroes.

It sounds like something I should be playing right now if I knew how!
Here is like 90% of the rules in one easy play mat.
(click to show/hide)
It's that frigging easy!
Your deck is 8 Heroes with 20 matching character dice distributed among them, two basic action cards of your choice, and the forced 8 NPC/Sidekick dice to start the game. Every known multiplayer variant for MtG works with Dice Masters, even that coven thing I posted a few years ago that now has it's own MtG wiki entry known as "Star" by using purchase types. You can even "cube" it by just bringing like twenty cards and shuffling them to build your teams. It's great!

But MtG & D&D cost a fortune and I'm already down to eating ketchup packets for dinner after my last card purchase!
First of all BBQ is better than ketchup. Secondly it's cheaper than magic! Seriously, 90% of the cards are under a buck. Hell, the cards are 1/4 the price too when you think about it.
In magic if you want to run four copies you need to buy the same expensive card four times, in Dice Masters you only need one card and any four matching dice. So can simply buy the significantly cheaper common version of the character just to pick up the extra matching dice. For example x4 Jace @75.00 per costs $300, x1 Black Widow "Tarsina" @65.99 & x3 Black Widow "Natural" @1.49 costs 70 bucks. For less than the price of one Jace you can run four game breaking Black Widows and alienate your friends!
And as an added bonus Hastings went Bankrupt, right now all their Dicemaster merchandise is 20% off. You can grab a starter kit for like twelve bucks!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 03:03:35 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Dice Masters (Alfred is awesome!)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 12:42:35 PM »
My first real themed deck, ie it actually has a theme and combos rather than just piling w/e ever came together in the starter sets.

(click to show/hide)
Basically by attempting to KO Alfred through Fabricate you can buy a golem for free and Alfred typically bounces back to the field letting to try to do it again. Mr Sinister auto-returns when a Sidekick or Alfred are knocked out which is one less die to risk plus you can pick up the Iron Golem that way. Finally to round things out Skeleton has swarm and is pretty theme fitting which can give you extra energy and Dick Grayson can nearly endlessly knock out Alfred for an instant win if he can successfully attack. Srsly, Alfred has an 83.3% chance of returning to the field when knocked out so you can easily KO him 3~4 times per die or up to 38 damage in a game with a 20 point hard cap on hit points.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 11:29:39 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Dice Masters (now with a sales pitch!)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 11:45:44 PM »
New themed deck, rainbow!

(click to show/hide)
It's probably not the most powerful team you've seen but it's fun. Hal makes a great source of energy as you try to get Mera out, once she is they all quickly become pretty cheap to purchase so it's mostly about trying to keep a couple of them fielded. Miri/Warth/Larfreeze can rip characters out of your used pile and put them in play while Scarecrow/Warth can take down your opponent's characters if you stick to fielding them normally. There really isn't much for Indigo's Corps but -1 there can at least pull her self out. Finally Prismatic Spray is just so appropriate and always useful, and it's pretty much the only card in that heap that costs more than a buck. Dice wise, I'd suggest Miri/Hal/Indigo x4, Larfreeze/Mera x1, rest x2.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 01:04:34 AM »
And another team I'm using, being a more casual player I can afford thematics over sheer power.
(plus the best cards are really expensive and I really like how cheap this game is)

This time, it's all about the sidekicks!
(click to show/hide)
It's pretty straight forward. Pummel them to death using ever increasing sidekicks. If you're having trouble rolling them White Tiger is cheap but the Ring isn't. And it's the same with the female Captain America, shes like thirty bucks, but the Bard is five and OP enough to use in anything but if you want to go cheaper you could use Phil Coulson - Inspiration Leader (2 shield, gives sidekicks +1/+0). Prof X is also handy in speeding things up and Falcon gives you a really lethal twist on things.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 01:07:35 AM by SorO_Lost »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 01:29:59 AM »
Last one and less of a "team" as a collection of cards.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 01:38:31 AM »
I gotta say, I thought this was about Dungeon Dice Monsters.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 12:28:09 PM »
Funny thing, there is a Yugioh set as well.  :P
But not it's more MtG style.

Here is the "official" lay out of a character's play zone.