Author Topic: A Wretched Hive (Game Thread)  (Read 41061 times)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
  • TPK's are my business, and business is good.
    • View Profile
Re: A Wretched Hive (Game Thread)
« Reply #120 on: December 24, 2016, 08:50:37 AM »
"Not sure if they have seen us yet. Can you intercept their communications, does this thing even have a jamming suite? Going dead here would likely get us pulverized by the rest of he junk. Lets get our shields up."
Wisdom has two parts; having a lot to say, and not saying it.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 24, 2016, 11:25:47 AM »
Silten sees what he can do.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2016, 09:47:52 AM »
Silten finds there is no jamming suite but is able to begin listening on on  the ship to ship communications.

"...didn't sign up to be pulverised out here by space junk."

"Pipe down and run another scan, we'll find it out here. Greelo is going to want an update soon. I will bring him up."

A moment later,

"Yoian mee. Gee uba boonowa bu sahacmox'a hocan?"

"Nobata, tee hocan, um dotkot taneee baua doptkee wata. Ye wanya bacaka jeejee gee tytung bu tee-tocky du bu yoskah bai pacda bu pocma."

"Cha moova mee wata fet uba gee boonowa fa!"

"If we make it out of this debris at all"
the first voice says after the line closes.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2016, 01:59:34 PM »
"The sshipss are looking for ssomething, I ssee no reasson not to believe they are looking for the ssame thing we are," Silten says.  "They work for a ssentient named Greelo, whoever that iss.  I doubt they are friendly."

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2016, 10:48:14 AM »
"Lets get the shields up then. Maybe we will get the drop on them. Powering up the weapon." Corran says before you intercept the next message.

"Scanners are not finding anything large in this spot, lets move to point seven six. Maybe we'll have better luck there."

As you pull within range, you can make out that the two ships are Tie Fighters.

(click to show/hide)

Map of Healthy Competition

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 10:55:42 AM by Melblen_Cairn »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2016, 10:46:48 AM »
Silten raises the shields and braces himself for combat.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2017, 08:01:17 AM »
Corran takes advantage of the debris to position the ship for the best attack possible. The ties stay on the present course, oblivious to your presence. Sitting next to Corran, Orsk depresses the fire control buttons on the laser cannon. The laser blast hits the back of the first Tie Fighter, debilitating it but it is not destroyed.

"I'm hit! Blast it! It's bad! They got my engines!"
"Break Left! Break Left! Get out of there, I'll engage!" Silten intercepts on the comm chatter.

Corran slips the ship into another heavy concentration of debris and says close to larger ones and lines up Orsk for another shot.

(click to show/hide)

Healthy Competition Fight Round 1!

Map of Debris Field

Status

--->Ship @ W30 | Hit Points = 140/140 | SR = 40/40 | DR = 15 | Dmg Thresh = 38 | Condition Track = 0 | Misc: Archaic, Antiquated, Junker, Used | Cond: Concealment (Debris); Cover (Debris)
Junker Tie Fighter One @ S31 | Hit Points =  Down 48 | Condition Track = -1 | Misc: Junker | Cond: Engine System failure (-1 to speed)
Junker Tie Fighter Two @ R32 | Hit Points =  Down 0 | Condition Track = 0 | Misc: Junker | Cond:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:38:52 AM by Melblen_Cairn »

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2017, 08:43:30 PM »
"I am going to set us up to start an attack run on them. Ready that cannon Orsk." Corran says as much of the heavier debris floats out of the way giving a clear run at the first Tie.

Orsk depresses the trigger again

Kachunkthew!

And the first tie fighter is destroyed. The other swings around the quickly dispersing wreckage and gets in close to dog fight it out.

(click to show/hide)

Healthy Competition Fight Round 2!

Map of Debris Field

Status

--->Ship @ S30 | Hit Points = 140/140 | SR = 40/40 | DR = 15 | Dmg Thresh = 38 | Condition Track = 0 | Misc: Archaic, Antiquated, Junker, Used | Cond: Attack Run (+2 to attack -2 to REF)
Junker Tie Fighter One @ S31 | Hit Points =  Down 76 | Condition Track = -1 | Misc: Junker | Cond: Destroyed
Junker Tie Fighter Two @ R31 | Hit Points =  Down 0 | Condition Track = 0 | Misc: Junker | Cond:

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 07, 2017, 09:14:43 AM »
Orsk opens fire on the next Tie Fighter. but the attack goes wide of the ship as it rolls out of the way and returns fire with its cannons. Green blast splash across your ships shields and the ship is jarred roughly by the blasts but her shields do not falter. The Tie then makes a run for a denser cloud of ship wreckage and debris.

(click to show/hide)

Healthy Competition Fight Round 3!

Map of Debris Field

Status

--->Ship @ O30 | Hit Points = 140/140 | SR = 40/40 | DR = 15 | Dmg Thresh = 38 | Condition Track = 0 | Misc: Archaic, Antiquated, Junker, Used | Cond:
Junker Tie Fighter One @ S31 | Hit Points =  Down 76 | Condition Track = -1 | Misc: Junker | Cond: Destroyed
Junker Tie Fighter Two @ V29 | Hit Points =  Down 0 | Condition Track = 0 | Misc: Junker | Cond: Cover (Debris); Concealment (Debris);

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2017, 09:41:18 AM »
Corran pulls the ship through a loop to backtrack and pursue the ship. "He may try to make a break for it. Lets get him before he gets away.".

"The heavier debris is making it hard to get a good lock on him." Orsk says as he depresses the fire control again. The shot blasts across a large piece of a blasted starfighter, blasting it into smaller pieces.

As Corran maneuvers to keep close on the Tie and large amount of debris drifts into the path. Corran rolls the ship out of the way of the worst of it.

The Tie fighter spins around a large chunk of a ship and appears around the other side lacing your ship with more green laser blasts.

(click to show/hide)

Healthy Competition Fight Round 4!

Map of Debris Field

Status

--->Ship @ S30 | Hit Points = 140/140 | SR = 35/40 | DR = 15 | Dmg Thresh = 38 | Condition Track = 0 | Misc: Archaic, Antiquated, Junker, Used | Cond: Cover (Debris); Concealment (Debris);
Junker Tie Fighter Two @ V35 | Hit Points =  Down 0 | Condition Track = 0 | Misc: Junker | Cond: Cover (Debris); Concealment (Debris);
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 09:55:50 AM by Melblen_Cairn »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 07, 2017, 12:04:25 PM »
Silten quickly works on recharging their shields.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2017, 08:46:41 AM »
The shields power regeneration boosts momentarily as Silten reroutes power from other subsystems.

Orsk opens up with the cannons but the tie is to agile to hit and the bursts are no where near the target. The Tie wheels and opens fire but only blasts nearby debris.

"Can't this pile of junk go faster? He is getting away!"

Healthy Competition Fight Round 5!

Map of Debris Field

Status

--->Ship @ T33 | Hit Points = 140/140 | SR = 40/40 | DR = 15 | Dmg Thresh = 38 | Condition Track = 0 | Misc: Archaic, Antiquated, Junker, Used | Cond: Cover (Debris); Concealment (Debris);
Junker Tie Fighter Two @ W40 | Hit Points =  Down 0 | Condition Track = 0 | Misc: Junker | Cond: Cover (Debris); Concealment (Debris);

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2017, 08:58:09 AM »
"Pushing her harder than I want to already for being this old, but lets see if she'll hold together long enough." Corran answers and pushes the controls further. The whole ship shudders, sparks fly around the cockpit and several hose spring leaks.

"Whoops."

(click to show/hide)

Healthy Competition Fight Round 6!

Map of Debris Field

Status

--->Ship @ U37 | Hit Points = 140/140 | SR = 40/40 | DR = 15 | Dmg Thresh = 38 | Condition Track = -1 | Misc: Archaic, Antiquated, Junker, Used | Cond: Cover (Debris); Concealment (Debris); Hyperdrive Failure
Junker Tie Fighter Two @ W40 | Hit Points =  Down 0 | Condition Track = 0 | Misc: Junker | Cond: Cover (Debris); Concealment (Debris);

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2017, 06:22:21 PM »
Silten grumbles about how perhaps they should work on not breaking apart for no reason as he starts fixing the leaks and trying to prevent things from sparking more.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2017, 07:44:14 AM »
With the most pressing issues resolved, the ship returns to operating normally.

The tie fighter's luck with the debris cloud finally runs out with a large chunk of debris hitting one of the wings. A meter closer and it would have taken the wing right off.

(click to show/hide)

Healthy Competition Fight Round 7!

Map of Debris Field

Status

--->Ship @ U37 | Hit Points = 140/140 | SR = 40/40 | DR = 15 | Dmg Thresh = 38 | Condition Track = 0 | Misc: Archaic, Antiquated, Junker, Used | Cond: Cover (Debris); Concealment (Debris); Hyperdrive Failure, Dog Fight
Junker Tie Fighter Two @ U38 | Hit Points =  Down 5 | Condition Track = 0 | Misc: Junker | Cond: Cover (Debris); Concealment (Debris); Dog Fight

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2017, 07:59:27 AM »
"He's in too close, I need a better shot!"

"Working on it."

Corran gets and opening and Orsk taskes it but the Tie pulls past a larger chunk of debris again nicking the wings but the laser fire blasts the debirs to component parts.  The tie continues to loop around and opens fire on the ship but Corran maneuvers through two colliding pieces of garbage and the shots hit those barrowly missing the rear of the ship.

Healthy Competition Fight Round 8!

Map of Debris Field

Status

--->Ship @ U37 | Hit Points = 140/140 | SR = 40/40 | DR = 15 | Dmg Thresh = 38 | Condition Track = 0 | Misc: Archaic, Antiquated, Junker, Used | Cond: Cover (Debris); Concealment (Debris); Hyperdrive Failure, Dog Fight
Junker Tie Fighter Two @ U38 | Hit Points =  Down 5 | Condition Track = 0 | Misc: Junker | Cond: Cover (Debris); Concealment (Debris); Dog Fight

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2017, 08:08:15 AM »
"Shake him so I can get a clean shot!" Orsk shouts as he fires at random toward the tie hoping something will hit.

The Tie fighter is able to mostly stay on the ship's tail and keeps firing. Corran dodges the ship through the laser fire and debris.

Healthy Competition Fight Round 9!

Map of Debris Field

Status

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2017, 08:16:13 AM »
The heaviest of debris moves past the closely fighting ships and Orsk is able to get a clearer shot. The lasers rake the back of the tie affecting the engines.

The Tie's pilot works to re-route power but the smaller fighter limps on.

Healthy Competition Fight Round 10!

Map of Debris Field

Status

--->Ship @ U37 | Hit Points = 140/140 | SR = 40/40 | DR = 15 | Dmg Thresh = 38 | Condition Track = 0 | Misc: Archaic, Antiquated, Junker, Used | Cond: Hyperdrive Failure, Dog Fight
Junker Tie Fighter Two @ U38 | Hit Points =  Down 42 | Condition Track = -1 | Misc: Junker | Cond: Engine Failure (Speed Reduced by 1); Dog Fight
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:18:10 AM by Melblen_Cairn »

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2017, 08:14:27 AM »
Corran whips the ancient freighter through a series of gut wrenching moves and pulls in behind the looping Tie. Orsk fires again with the blast hitting the center of the ball like cockpit, blasting the target to pieces which bounce off the ship as she plows through the debris.

"Wooo! Nice shooting!"

Healthy Competition Fight Ends!

Map of Debris Field

Status

--->Ship @ U37 | Hit Points = 140/140 | SR = 40/40 | DR = 15 | Dmg Thresh = 38 | Condition Track = 0 | Misc: Archaic, Antiquated, Junker, Used | Cond: Hyperdrive Failure, Dog Fight
Junker Tie Fighter Two @ U38 | Hit Points =  Down 78 | Condition Track = -1 | Misc: Junker | Cond:

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2017, 10:38:13 AM »
Silten breathes a sigh of relief, then looks closely at the ship around him.  It's going to need a lot of work....