Author Topic: [Pathfinder] Path of War questions regarding Scarlet Throne  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
[Pathfinder] Path of War questions regarding Scarlet Throne
« on: January 16, 2017, 04:39:27 AM »
So I posted the following questions over in the gitp Dreamscarred Press FAQ thread, but I've found y'all tend to answer or at least get to the point faster so I'm cross-posting them over here to get any opinions y'all have on the RAW.

So I'm messing around with a relatively tame build idea centered around the zenith/sunset strikes from Scarlet Throne on a Bushi to keep the build-centric strike up all the time. As a result I have some questions.

1) In regards to replacing the attack roll with a skill check, how much does it still behave like an attack roll, if at all? Can it still crit? Does it still auto-fail on a 1?

2) Since Zenith Strike and the like are damage multipliers, that would mean additional damage dice will not be multiplied correct? That would mean the Scarlet Throne single attack focused boosts such as Regal Blade only add their extra damage once, right? Does their bonus to the attack roll even apply, based on the wording of Zenith Strike?

3) If Zenith Strike were performed via the feat Martial Charge, would the attack made by Zenith Strike qualify as a charge attack for boosts like Bronze Lancer's Edge from Piercing Thunder or Momentum Crash from Primal Fury? What about for feats related to charging?

4) I can think of power attack/two handing, stuff like hone weapon, or getting a bigger weapon and adding weapon abilities like collision that add flat damage numbers for adding damage that would actually be relevant to the multiplier in these strikes. What other sources of damage might be specifically relevant to this build? There aren't very many boosts in particular that seem all that useful. One of the better things I could think of was using the Mithral Current's style feats to add on an additional +50% damage after the fact via vulnerability to silver and using a Celestial Mithral weapon for an additional +50% with that.

A copper for your thoughts?
Developer for Rule of Cool Games. Try our game system, Legend. We hope you enjoy.