Author Topic: Ordinary Magician base class and Love-Coloured Magic school DA ZE!  (Read 46454 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Ordinary Magician base class and Love-Coloured Magic school DA ZE!
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2015, 09:44:02 AM »
You can't use that spell for that stance until you prepare them again.

Offline CrazyYanmega

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2015, 11:32:53 PM »
The changes to the stances work great. I get some staying power but I can't spam spells all day.

And the recharge mechanic: Does casting a spell through a stance count?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2015, 10:02:34 PM »
Yes. Otherwise you would have a limited number of recharges per day which would kinda suck for a ToB class.

Thanks for the reports, updated the main school post with the changes!

Offline CrazyYanmega

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2015, 05:13:13 AM »
Orerries Universe is still listed as every 6 ranks. Also, isn't 4 orbs enough? Since they have a cooldown of 1d4 rounds, even if you roll the maximum number of turns all the time, you'll still always have one available.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2015, 02:09:50 AM »
Fixed typo. About the number of orbs:

1-They can be destroyed.
2-You may be spending more than 1 spell per round by using a Love-Coloured Magic Boost/Counter and Strike each round.

Offline CrazyYanmega

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2015, 01:45:22 AM »
So the goal of my Marisa is to be the greatest, most famous spellcaster in the multiverse.

Things have been going well. Wiped a tyrannical despot and prevented him from initiating Armageddon. Even gain recognition from royalty for the deeds!

Then I hit level 13.

oslecamo, y u do dis?  (个_个)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2015, 03:05:55 AM »
Because Marisa don't become famous by directly flauting her rep. She's just an ordinary human who just happened to be passing by  :rolleyes

Offline CrazyYanmega

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2015, 04:27:21 AM »
Okay, a real question this time, once more referring to Magic Recycled Bomb and its variants. What happens if I use an AoE spell for the bomb? And what if that spell does not actually target anything?

I've successfully used MRB for Featherfall, Boiling Oil, and Mage Armor. But what about Obscuring Mist or Prismatic Mist? Would the target become a moving epicenter for the cloud of mist? And what if I purposely targeted a square on the ground with the bomb? It technically isn't missing.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2015, 08:57:32 AM »
Besides, that would just shroud you in rumours and mystery. People who actually know about you still know about you.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2015, 07:29:39 AM »
Okay, a real question this time, once more referring to Magic Recycled Bomb and its variants. What happens if I use an AoE spell for the bomb? And what if that spell does not actually target anything?

I've successfully used MRB for Featherfall, Boiling Oil, and Mage Armor. But what about Obscuring Mist or Prismatic Mist? Would the target become a moving epicenter for the cloud of mist? And what if I purposely targeted a square on the ground with the bomb? It technically isn't missing.

A spell that is an AoE would only affect the hit the creatures targeted by the potion. Area effects such as fogs would ony cover the target(s) and move along with it. You could throw a potion at a 5-feet section of the ground to create a 5 feet square patch of fog. If there was a creature on that square it would be affected, but could easily step out.

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2016, 11:00:28 PM »
So I'm messing around with Love Colored Magic for my current character so I suppose I have a bit to say about it. Not much to say about Ordinary Magician yet, as I'm currently playing a Youkai Magician. Due to the relation of the two threads I'll probably just give my LCM review and Youkai magician review in this post.

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 08:02:13 PM by Geigan »
Developer for Rule of Cool Games. Try our game system, Legend. We hope you enjoy.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2016, 02:21:45 PM »
I hadn't been able to check on online forums for the last weeks, now catching up around here, and then I find this. Ah, well, who needs to sleep anyway?

So I'm messing around with Love Colored Magic for my current character so I suppose I have a bit to say about it. Not much to say about Ordinary Magician yet, as I'm currently playing a Youkai Magician. Due to the relation of the two threads I'll probably just give my LCM review and Youkai magician review in this post.
I agree it's convenient.

(click to show/hide)

Now really need some sleep...

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2016, 03:07:24 PM »
Getting immortality shouldn't be relevant to how long it takes to do something: exactly how many situations is immortality going to be relevant to learning spells in downtime? Should elf wizards take longer to transcribe spells than human wizards, even if they've got the same time to do it in, just because the elf's living longer? Taking over a week to copy a single spell is (like the former version of Sealed Spell) unlikely to ever see much use.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:14:15 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2016, 01:09:35 AM »
Considering you get, like Os said (but actually to a different point), both 9th level spells & 9th level maneuvers, having a smaller spell list as a prepared caster who can usually have an infinitely long known spell list doesn't come off as enough of a detriment in theory and until shown to be so in practice I feel that sort of drawback to be fitting. Considering.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2016, 01:29:00 AM »
Considering you get, like Os said (but actually to a different point), both 9th level spells & 9th level maneuvers, having a smaller spell list as a prepared caster who can usually have an infinitely long known spell list doesn't come off as enough of a detriment in theory and until shown to be so in practice I feel that sort of drawback to be fitting. Considering.

Would be relevant if Ordinary Magician had the same restriction, since it has the same spell/maneuver progression. Ordinary Magician copies spells normally. The given reason for Youkai Magician's time delay is immortality, which (as mentioned) is not likely to factor into the progression of games.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2016, 02:09:05 AM »
Don't knock the insane amount of bragging rights having immortality grants :p

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2016, 03:38:40 AM »
I hadn't been able to check on online forums for the last weeks, now catching up around here, and then I find this. Ah, well, who needs to sleep anyway?
On the plus side you managed to get back to me almost exactly a day before the first session for this character.  :D

(click to show/hide)

Would be relevant if Ordinary Magician had the same restriction, since it has the same spell/maneuver progression. Ordinary Magician copies spells normally. The given reason for Youkai Magician's time delay is immortality, which (as mentioned) is not likely to factor into the progression of games.
Youkai Magicians also now have a major class feature that relies on them having a diverse spellbook from which to pull spells since it has to switch things up, whereas Ordinary Magicians' similar class feature does not.

Now really need some sleep...
That sounds great to me too...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 03:15:41 PM by Geigan »
Developer for Rule of Cool Games. Try our game system, Legend. We hope you enjoy.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2016, 09:53:57 AM »
Patchouli is Patchouli Knowledge, one of the other Touhou magicians. She has a different set of spells for every day of the week and lives in an enormous library.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2016, 09:01:55 AM »

Thing is, the Ordinary Magician has her own restriction of being unable to become immortal nor have templates. I need some restriction on the Youkai Magician in return for that. Longer time to copy spells seems flavourful to me. But ten times may've been a bit too much, reduced to just double.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2016, 07:09:30 AM »
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 08:30:10 PM by Geigan »