Author Topic: Oni Brawler base class and Drunken Demon school-bring the house down tonight!  (Read 24089 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Aside from 'proof read this stuff tomorrow': Drunkness penalty? How likely is that to show up, if such a thing exists, once you have a decent fort save? :eh

Not sure what good it does me if people I'm in a life and death battle with have an urge to party. :lmao

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Aside from 'proof read this stuff tomorrow': Drunkness penalty? How likely is that to show up, if such a thing exists, once you have a decent fort save? :eh
Quote from: Korindou's shop
Consuming an alchoholic beverage is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity and demands a Fort save.
Regardless of failing or suceeding, you gain a bonus on skill checks with a single skill (depending on the exact beverage) for 1 minute.
However if you fail on the Fort save, you take an equal penalty on all all other skill checks for 8 hours.
Suceeding on the save delays the penalty for a number of rounds equal to the amount you suceeded on the save by (if the DC is 15 and you roll a 20, then it would be 5 rounds until the penalties apply).
If you drink again while still under the effect of alchohol, the bonus don't stack, but the penalties do, however the penalties don't apply while any of the bonus last (so you can continue drinking and making fort saves to continuously delay the penalties). If this makes one of your skills gain a -10 modifier you become fatigued and sickened. If this makes one of your skills gain a -15 modifier you become exhausted. If this makes one of your skills gain a -20 modifier you become uncoscious and unable to act until the penalty duration ends. This ignores any immunity you may have had to those effects, and any effect to remove those conditions takes 1d4 rounds to take effect.
Making the save only delays the penalty. You can keep on drinking to further delay it but the penalty will only increase. You're gonna roll a natural 1 sooner or later.

There's steadfast determination I guess

Not sure what good it does me if people I'm in a life and death battle with have an urge to party. :lmao
Nobody said it's supposed to be advantageous. Mostly a final fluff detail. :p

Ghu, now I remember I wanted to put something to give a magical enhancement bonus to natural attacks, kinda of the drinks making your body all "spiritual", probably will be another feat.

Gah, need sleep...

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Find the idea of only being able to use a feature of a self-activated feat if I fail a save odd.

Also, the alcohol rules don't tie skills to any drinks in particular. :T

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Find the idea of only being able to use a feature of a self-activated feat if I fail a save odd.
I don't get this part. You're supposed to count as drunk as soon as you drink, failing the Fort just means you're start taking more bad side effects.

...There's 36 core skills and 7 tiers of drinks. Not counting subskills. That would mean coming up with hundreds of names. It's supposed to be generic and the player/DM just names them what they want, but if you insist I made a random booze name generator.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
I don't get this part. You're supposed to count as drunk as soon as you drink, failing the Fort just means you're start taking more bad side effects.

...There's 36 core skills and 7 tiers of drinks. Not counting subskills. That would mean coming up with hundreds of names. It's supposed to be generic and the player/DM just names them what they want, but if you insist I made a random booze name generator.

You said penalty, which I assumed meant failing the save.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Ah, that part. You assumed well in that case.

But halving the penalty for failing the save isn't the only thing the feat does.

Cleaned up a bit and added pics.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Dish of Fantastic Drinking ACF added to Oni Brawler.

Now only Yuugi's forbidden school left to do. Forbidden cost will be penalty to Reflex saves, Forbidden sign is having indsestructible shackles that never come off. The physical stuff isn't so hard, the whole "unexplained phenomena" aspect of her is proving trickier to turn to crunch.

Also open for suggestions for the school name itself.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Something involving Mt. Ooe? Her theme and half her cards have it.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Somehow I keep reading that as Mt. Ooe in my head.

Marvelous Mt.Moe is ready for review.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Somehow I keep reading that as Mt. Ooe in my head.

Marvelous Mt.Moe is ready for review.

So you read exactly what I wrote? :P

Just checking the 9th level stance, I take it that it's meant to be recovered out of combat and doesn't just refresh on entering the stance again?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 10:43:35 AM by Raineh Daze »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Gah, I meant I'm always reading it as Mt. Moe, which is what I wrote on the link.

And yes, the stance is supposed to "recharge" out of combat, tried to clarify the text.

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
If you're reading this Os, then please go respond in the Ordinary Magician thread. I'd rather finish up most of what I had to say over there before diving into another long conversation over this at the same time, especially since that one is currently in use... or don't. I'm not your mom.

I've been avoiding this one since it inevitably coincides with a few other bits of homebrew that I haven't really been interested in previously. But it caught my eye for a strength build I was considering after my current character potentially kicks the bucket, so I thought I may as well give it a more thorough look. I often have trouble playing straight warrior types, as I often feel too constrained in my tactical options. I might gripe a bit about certain things, but maybe that perspective will be helpful. Apologies for the length, but there was a lot to cover.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:34:06 PM by Geigan »
Developer for Rule of Cool Games. Try our game system, Legend. We hope you enjoy.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
If you're reading this Os, then please go respond in the Ordinary Magician thread. I'd rather finish up most of what I had to say over there before diving into another long conversation over this at the same time, especially since that one is currently in use... or don't. I'm not your mom.

I've been avoiding this one since it inevitably coincides with a few other bits of homebrew that I haven't really been interested in previously. But it caught my eye for a strength build I was considering after my current character potentially kicks the bucket, so I thought I may as well give it a more thorough look. I often have trouble playing straight warrior types, as I often feel too constrained in my tactical options. I might gripe a bit about certain things, but maybe that perspective will be helpful. Apologies for the length, but there was a lot to cover.
Yay full review!

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
(click to show/hide)

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
(click to show/hide)
...to be continued...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 05:56:52 PM by Geigan »
Developer for Rule of Cool Games. Try our game system, Legend. We hope you enjoy.

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 06:24:46 AM by Geigan »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
(click to show/hide)

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 02:59:25 AM by Geigan »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
(click to show/hide)