Author Topic: [SWSE/d20] Clawdite Jedi Knight character build advice  (Read 2188 times)

Offline RogerWilco

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
[SWSE/d20] Clawdite Jedi Knight character build advice
« on: November 14, 2013, 09:08:04 AM »
I've also posted this on the WotC forums, but I was hoping there might be some lurking SWSE minmaxers here. I know there were on the old boards. (I think there are other forums for SWSE, but I'd have to find them and make an account, which I might do if I can't get any advice here or at the WotC forums).

Our group decided to try some SW Saga Edition, we're regular 3.5 players. We have the core book and google/the internet.

I like to play shapeshifter rogue-ish characters, so I found some information about the Clawdite race and it's in another book (Scum and Villainy).

I found the info for the Clawdite race, and the feats Metamorph and Impersonate, I think from some NPC pdf somewhere and some things like a "Saga Index v3.2".

The DM gave 10 levels to play with, but the DM also asked us to be Jedi Knights for the story he had in mind. We ended up with 10 level instead of the 8 required for Jedi7+JK1 to have some flexibility.

I also like to play skilled characters, so I was thinking of starting with a Noble. I'm not sure that would fit with the Clawdite lore though.

My build sofar (Focussing on Int/Wis/Cha, some Dex/Con, Str dump, point buy will be 25-30 TBD):

Trained: Deception, Gather Info, Knowledge(Galactic, Life, Physical), Perception, Persuation, Treat Injury, Use Computer.

Racial: Shapeshift, Startle, Cha+2, Str-2
Noble 1: Linguist, Weapon Prof (Pistols, Simple), Force Sensitivity, Talent
Noble 2: Skill Focus (Deception)
Jedi 1: Weapon Prof (Lightsabers), Metamorph, Talent
Jedi 2: Weapon Finesse, (Int, Wis)+1
Jedi 3: Talent
Jedi 4: Skill training(Use the force)
Jedi 5: Talent
Jedi 6: Impersonate, Skill Focus (Use the Force), (Int, Wis)+1
Jedi 7: Build lightsaber, Force Training, Talent
Jedi Knight 1: Talent

I have no clue about Talents, and I have the feeling that I should probably have Force Training twice, but I'm not even sure what Force powers to choose. I think that maybe Force Adept could also be an option, as long at it's a "Good guy" with some Jedi connection, it would allow me to add in things like Scoundrel or Scout instead of the 7 levels of Jedi, but then I might lose too much BAB. Noble seemed to have the largest and most fitting skill selection for this character, I'm not tied to it, and it's missing something like Stealth.

As you can probably see I'm not the best at min/maxing and only learning the SWSE rules. At least one of my fellow players tends to optimize quite heavily, in 3.5 to the point where it utterly breaks the system, so I come here for help although it's not a direct competition with his character.

This is my first SWSE character, and at level 10 probably already quite powerful and versatile if optimized.

Suggestions from any book are welcome, probably google will help me there. I have no clue about talents, equipment and I think this build gets few feats, but needs a lot.

We'll be playing around the era of the Phantom Menace, and I was thinking a background as a Jedi Phantom, but I'm no expert on the lore. I was thinking a character that frequents some of the more shady places and tries to gather information, maybe infiltrate a little, bribe some people, Jedi Mind Trick others. I was even thinking Scoundrel Gambling or Noble Wealth, with the wealth explained as "gambling wins" to help finance bribes, disguises, cover stories.

The character should be a capable combatant but wouldn't need to stand up to a specialized Jedi Knight or Sith in a long fight. Combat is more to cut of someone's arm if they bother you to much in a Cantina or to chop down some droid guards.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 04:40:24 PM by RogerWilco »