Author Topic: Museum of African American History  (Read 2565 times)

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
Museum of African American History
« on: September 24, 2016, 02:20:02 PM »
Plug for that, in general.  Official grand opening today.

"The Supreme Court failed."
-  John Roberts current Chief Justice of The Supreme Court

Specific plug, I happen to know a guy involved in the installation of the entryway sculpture, he's in this pic somewhere.
http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/news/2016/09/14/african-american-history-museum-director-we-ve-got.html#g13

EDIT --- they changed their #-ing system in the meanwhile, that should be the right one.

Also there's this shot of it, completed : https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/lifestyle/national-museum-of-african-american-history-and-culture/guided-tour/img/photos/lobby.jpg
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 07:02:31 PM by awaken_D_M_golem »
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline PlzBreakMyCampaign

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
    • View Profile
Re: Museum of African American History
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 06:47:36 PM »
Lol aDMg, no one's touching this with a stick. I'll bite.

Well that was nice of Bush. So no one's going to ask the obvious question here about how & why we divide history?

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 07:04:37 PM »
Uhh whoops?
They changed the #'s on their partial archiving, so I think I've got the right one now.
My "plug" is for the entryway sculpture.  Added new(old) link to the finished version.

Edit --- don't have the link to the John Roberts quote, I'll see if I can find it / find the context.
Edit2 --- Ok it was Robert's speech there for the opening dedication, and I'm not finding a transcript.  Reported at https://theundefeated.com/features/smithsonians-new-african-american-museum-shows-the-many-sides-of-black-space/ :  " ... And it reminds you of Chief Justice John Roberts telling the crowd the Supreme Court failed when it ruled in the 1857 case of Dred Scott that a black man “had no rights which a white man was bound to respect.” ... "
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 07:15:25 PM by awaken_D_M_golem »
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 02:36:08 PM »
Lol aDMg, no one's touching this with a stick. I'll bite.

Well that was nice of Bush. So no one's going to ask the obvious question here about how & why we divide history?

Presumably that whole bit where Americans bought people and tried their best to stamp out their heritage and history, then treated them as second class citizens after a terrible war between the states – The War of Southern Treason, as I like to call it.
"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down."