Author Topic: I have started a Let's Play.  (Read 2865 times)

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
I have started a Let's Play.
« on: March 17, 2013, 03:21:54 AM »
It is my first ever.

Klonoa: Empire of Dreams Ep. 1: Failure is an Option

One that I took to quite readily...

Please, give it a watch and please do the commenting thing, either here or over there, so that I can see if I can get at least one person interested...
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Quillwraith

• View Profile
Re: I have started a Let's Play.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 10:14:51 AM »
I watched it.
You sound like someone. Does the phrase "traps is everywhere" mean anything to you?

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 12:14:37 PM »
Not at all.

I hope it is a flattering resemblance...
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 01:31:56 PM »
Watching so far.  Here's my constructive criticism:

Cut out the first minute.  It's nothing but trial and error for starting up the game, and doesn't give people a good feel that you know what you're doing.

Pick a game you know by heart and enjoy playing a lot for your first LP, I cannot state this enough:

One of the most important things to keep in mind when picking a game, especially for your first Let's Play, is to pick a game you will enjoy. If it's your first Let's Play, a game you have passionately played at least a couple times will make a much better Let's Play than something you don't enjoy. For your first Let's Play, picking a game you already know by heart will make coming up with commentary for the game much easier for you.

If you can't read Japanese, either speed up the cutscenes or provide interesting commentary during them.  You seem to be going for an informative style of LP, where you're telling people about the game as you play it.  If you don't know the plot or what's going on in cutscenes, this is very bad for this style.

Also, Let's Play Guide for Newbies.

YouTube Videos for LP Advice.

Also, are you doing post-commentary or live commentary?  I'd recommend post-commentary for new LPers, given that it allows you time to refine your work and think of stuff to talk about.

Hope I wasn't too harsh.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 01:38:14 PM by Libertad »

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 01:38:38 PM »
's OK.
Maybe I shouldn't have pretended ignorance for my first episode.  :p

I've played this game for a while; I just personally enjoy Let's Plays that at least pretend towards being blind. Guess I went a bit to far, huh?

I think I'll leave the current video up, just because I don't really believe in hiding prior mistakes; however, I'll go for more informativeness in the next couple episodes.

Maybe I should've gone with Terranigma for my first LP instead...

And thanks for the guide.

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 09:50:31 PM »
It might be worth a shot, but...

You're a Something Awful member, right?  You could ask for advice in the Let's Play Sandcastle thread.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 10:20:47 PM »
Alright, I'll give that a try when I have a bit more time.

Offline Quillwraith

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 10:21:42 AM »
I watched it.
You sound like someone. Does the phrase "traps is everywhere" mean anything to you?
I have found that there is an estimated a 1/193358 chance that you actually are the person that you sound like. Now I can stop worrying about it.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 06:50:42 PM »
I'm probably going to be restarting it soon-ish.

I did find a translated ROM, by the way.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 01:52:00 PM »
And by soonish, I mean sometime like tomorrow.

Or not; Camstudio just crashed, and took the recording it was compressing with it.  :banghead

Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow.