Author Topic: Colorless World  (Read 4264 times)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
Colorless World
« on: December 24, 2013, 10:41:45 PM »
You aren't in the school anymore.  You aren't in the void either.  You aren't exactly sure where you are.  Its some sort of hall, stretching beyond your vision in both directions.  Every so often there's a large gate built into the walls, dividing the hall into sections.  If the gates were closed you wouldn't be able to go anywhere at all, but with them all open like this, you feel like there's no limit to where you can go.

That being said, you aren't really sure where you should go.  One direction looks a bit brighter; the other looks a bit darker.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
Re: Colorless World
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 12:29:37 AM »
"Hello?" I call out. "Anyone there?"

I think for a moment about my surroundings. "Well...Louise is probably back in the blackness, so maybe the darker direction? Plus, they always say not to go towards the light..."

I inch towards the darkness, peering into it to see if I can make anything out.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 12:31:50 AM »
Your voice echoes and echoes in the empty hall.  You aren't sure if you hear a response, or just more echoes.  As you inch towards the darkness, the hall continues on before you.  All you can make out is more hall.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 12:48:26 AM »
I continue inching, trying to ignore how inviting the idea of light is.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 12:49:27 AM »
You continue to inch forward.

???: Keep going.

It's incredibly faint, but you think you can make out a voice from amongst the echoes.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 12:51:09 AM »
I pause. "Hello?" I call out again.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 02:24:05 AM »
???: Don't stop here.  Keep going.

The voice appears to be coming from behind you.  You're pretty sure it wasn't this close before, though.  You turn around to look.

(click to show/hide)

There's a young girl there; younger than you and Louise.  She's wearing simple and relatively comfortable looking clothes and has her eyes shut, as if she were sleeping.

???: Don't turn around either.  Go back to the darkness.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 12:15:36 AM »
I consider my options. Shut-eyed girl appears pretty non-threatening. "Fair enough," I say, continuing into the darkness.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 12:18:22 AM »
You leave behind the shut-eyed girl and continue into the darkness.  It gets darker and darker until, suddenly, you come across a closed gate and can go no further.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 02:48:09 AM »
I rattle at the gate.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 11:11:06 PM »
The Gate opens.  Through it you can see Louise, Saya, and Kusuri.  Something feels wrong, but you can't quite put your finger on it.

???: Go on.  Return to the world.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 04:33:13 AM »
I pause. "Why do you want me to go through?"

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 04:34:42 AM »
For whatever reason, Louise appears to be trying (ineffectively) to close the Gate.  That's strange.

???: You would leave her alone?

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 04:36:50 AM »
I gaze at Louise. "So, then, you won't tell me? Is that correct?"

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2013, 04:37:42 AM »
???: One can create a world as easily as two.
???: But I do not like seeing people die.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2013, 04:38:21 AM »
I open my mouth, then close it again. With a shrug, I mutter "Whatever," and step through the gate.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 04:53:42 AM »
You step through the Gate and back into the void.

==>

Yeah, things are definitely a bit off.  You don't remember Louise being so small.  The others are also abnormally small, like toys.  Even the pillar is smaller than you remember it being.  It's glowing just as brightly, though.  Actually, is it brighter than normal?

An incredibly familiar mote of light emerges from the pillar and drifts towards you.  You can feel its warmth touch your chest and flow into your heart.  Ah... its been a while, but you're whole again.  Whatever it was that Sara pulled out you; its back again.

Then the warmth fades, and you're incomplete once more.

==>