Author Topic: Yellow Workshop  (Read 63379 times)

Offline Dulcinea

• the Dream-maker
    • View Profile
Re: Yellow Workshop
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2014, 11:00:31 PM »
Cory looks around to see if he can find something to poke at the ground with, hopefully alleviating the nasty prospect of falling into a pit.  "So, we need to find our way back inside, then?  Is that right, you guys?"
"You think you're the puppet-master, but I can see the strings."

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2014, 11:03:23 PM »
Goldie: Be, because I was supposed to be at a different Maze...
Goldie: And me coming here was really last minute...

Goldie: Um, be careful outside, okay?  I'll lead you to the next room soon.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2014, 11:04:08 PM »
"Wait, but how were you supposed to be in a different maze if you didn't exist?" I ask, continuing to pull at the thread.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Dulcinea

• the Dream-maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2014, 11:04:44 PM »
"Do fragments only exist inside or did I miss something?" Cory asks, almost simultaneously.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2014, 11:06:22 PM »
Becca
Goldie: Like I said!  Things that don't exist do have their presence felt here.  In this whole void.
Goldie: I was all prepared for a different Maze, but I had to come here.

Cory
Goldie: Um, fragments can exist anywhere, but in this Maze there aren't any outside.
Goldie: Since you aren't really supposed to be outside and all...
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline Dulcinea

• the Dream-maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2014, 11:07:26 PM »
"Oh...right..." says Cory in confusion.  "So the problem is we're supposed to go through the door that exists, but we can't, because the pit...uh...doesn't?"

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2014, 11:07:46 PM »
I hold my head. "But...you just said you aren't a constant, and that you didn't exist at all before this maze was created. So, we created you, but you already sort of existed...?"
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2014, 11:12:59 PM »
Goldie: No, uh, okay.

Goldie: So there's Medusa.  She's a constant.  She exists in every Green Maze without fail.  She is the one and only Green Beast, no matter who or what creates her.  No matter what fragments are used.
Goldie: I'm not a constant.  I've only ever existed in the shadow of your Pillar.
Goldie: I didn't exist before you created this maze, but as I've been saying what doesn't exist is just as important as what does.
Goldie: You're in the void.  You're in nonexistence itself.
Goldie: Before you created this Maze, when I didn't exist, I was going to come into existence in another Maze.
Goldie: But to stop the instability in the Pillar I had to come into existence here.
Goldie: Okay?

Goldie: And to you, yes, exactly.  It's past the time to worry about what makes sense and what doesn't.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2014, 11:28:24 PM »
"okay.  so...  pardon my french, but are you the yellow beast?  You are, of course, not bestial in the least, but each maze seems to have one..." Louise pauses for a moment, her mind wandering to the bloody cave, "...or more presences known as 'beasts'.  Your nonexistence before this world was created is consistent with at least one other beast we have met."
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2014, 11:30:09 PM »
"Wait, what beast have we met other than the one that savagely and brutally murdered me because you screamed? Did we have a conversation with her that I forgot?"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2014, 11:34:52 PM »
"To address your concern Cory, What Goldie has been attempting to say is that things that don't exist and things that do exist both technically exist in the void.  Perhaps it is harder for you to grasp because you didn't use the telescope.  The telescope created images of things that did not exist, but since we are in the void, those things still Void-existed.  When I looked at Holy, I saw many holies, only the one original holy existed, but all of the images I saw still quasi-existed.  They reacted to my creating them and began to stare.  In that way, even though the pit and the door did not exist, they still are just as real as you or me."

Louise puts her hands on her hips and turns to becca.  "If you consult the books in the library, you will find we have met four beasts including Holy.  We did avoid the orange beast by staying out of the darkness, however.  Give it some thought.  Who else seems to have no memory of existing prior to our arrival?"
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2014, 11:36:15 PM »
Goldie: Ah, yes, I am the Yellow Beast.  It's not a great name, though, right?
Goldie: At least the other one sounded prettier...

Goldie: Oh, and it sounds like you met the Red Beast...
Goldie: She's pretty scary.  That's all you really need to say about her...

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2014, 11:45:48 PM »
"Huh, didn't realize that Holy and Kusuri were beasts. Makes some sense, I suppose. As for the Red Beast...well, I do kind of like her style. The killing wasn't strictly necessary, though."

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2014, 11:46:39 PM »
Holy: I am not a Beast.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2014, 11:48:46 PM »
"Well, then, why did Louise say 'including Holy'? Does that make Kusuri and Sara both beasts?"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2014, 12:03:25 AM »
"No, I suppose the book had erroneous terminology.  I was talking about Sara, not Kusuri."

"Regardless, Goldie, I don't suppose you know why people are sent to the void?"  Louise exists through the door to the outside world.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2014, 12:04:31 AM »
As you leave the room, Holy follows you.

Goldie: Ah, that's... that's the hard question.
Goldie: Um, I can answer it, but I'm not sure if you'll be happy with the answer...

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2014, 12:10:37 AM »
"The evidence has been pointing to the destruction of our world...  Can you counter that?"
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2014, 12:11:20 AM »
Goldie: No, that's pretty much it.  Your world ended and you're currently in the aftermath.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2014, 12:12:58 AM »
Louise sighs, another weight on her shoulder increasing.  "I see.  Well, do you know what happens when we gather the fragments?"  Louise crunches the snow underfoot.  The familiar sound relaxes her somewhat.
Magic do what you will