Author Topic: It's time to sports!  (Read 48562 times)

Offline wotmaniac

• Legendary Member
  • Procrastinator in Chief
    • View Profile
Re: It's time to sports!
« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2015, 12:20:35 AM »
Hendo .... is a bottom-teir gatekeeper.  Sad, but true.  He's had a good run, though.

Rumble looked good -- he came out and pushed the pace from the opening bell, and he showed good follow-up (something that many fighters lack); but I'm worried about Bones' counter-striking and eye-poking (worst offender in the UFC, btw).  Rumble might be able to press the pace, which will be to his advantage, but apparently a line of coke makes all the pain go away.  He'll need an early KO or it's Bones' fight.

I like Davis; but yeah, I think he's already peaked.

Belicheat has a LONNNNNG history of cheating and other shadiness -- he's not fit for the league. 
And, as usual, Goodell never passes up a chance to fuck things up.

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Disclaimer: not at full capacity yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2015, 01:03:43 AM »
The only thing Belichick has done was the spygate thing which was legal until 2007, the year he got "caught" doing it...I'll agree on the Goodell thing, but seriously.  Belichick is a brilliant tactician...

Ideal gas law, the Mighty Pvnrt: Balls filled at room temp brought to the temp of the stadium that day lose a full PSI+.  That they are not filled with an ideal gas, lowers it more, and that water is prominent, especially on a rainy day, lowers it more...  Nobody (except the Ravens and people who don't like the Pats, and only after the investigation) accused them of anything, no one on the Colts did either.  Let me guess, you're a Ravens/Jets/Giants/Colts fan?  Maybe Buffalo?  Seriously, the most obvious answer is "no one can tell the difference between the balls and the weather did this".  I guarantee you that had they measured the Colt's balls they would have been just as low.
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Offline wotmaniac

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2015, 01:08:47 AM »
no/no/no/no, and no.
Then why not all 12; and why the 11 the exact same amount?  b.s.
sorry, but 2 lbs is a big deal, and quite noticeable. 
Not to mention that it was Brady that spearheaded the call to change ball distribution procedures a few years back (used to just be 24 balls for the game that had no team contact until game use).  Coincidence?  I think not.

Offline wotmaniac

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2015, 01:21:11 AM »
... oh, and that is certainly not the limit of Belicheat's antics:
- shutting down coms for other team (obviously only in Foxboro)
- messing with locker rooms
- multiple different types of attempts to record stuff (to include planting bugs in various places)
- the recording went on for years
And he really acts like a bad sport, to boot.

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2015, 01:26:32 AM »
There's no evidence of any of that stuff...

Also, it was Brady and Manning who did it.  And, according to one of the head refs, pretty much no way it could have happened unless officials were in on it.  Or did it.

Do you think it was cheating to substitute players and have them declare eligible/ineligible before snaps?
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Offline wotmaniac

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2015, 01:33:20 AM »
Hold up -- I see where this is going ..... let me go ahead and put this out there: I am from Pittsburgh.  (that may or may not warrant you dismissing this particular argument based on that context).

Also, in the interest of full disclosure: I'm not interested in debate/negotiation; I just like to bitch.

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2015, 11:36:03 AM »
Ah, yeah, that makes sense. I forgot about the Pittsburgh fans  ;).  I actually /like/ the Steelers, unlike most people from NE.  Basically, they're the tolerable alternative to the Eagles and Flyers....

Offline wotmaniac

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2015, 11:04:40 PM »
Oh, let's not even talk about Philthy  :shakefist

(click to show/hide)

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2015, 12:09:13 AM »
Hey, remember that time they booed Santa?!

Offline wotmaniac

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2015, 12:58:42 AM »
OMG -- I'd forgotten about that .... WTF was that even about?! :twitch  Yeah, just fuck that whole city -- they're just a whole other breed of animal out there.

Hey, I thought I said let's not talk about Philthy.   :ahem

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2015, 04:21:48 PM »
Philly invented the Police holding center INSIDE the stadium, because they had to.  You'd run out of Cops in the entire Philadelphia County otherwise.

All those Saggy Balls that the Patsies were using, were handled at a minimum 1 time per play, by a supposedly well trained game official, referee or umpire.

Ha.
HA HA
 :lmao
Ha f- :fu-ing Ha.

Theme song should be:  The Who , See Me Feel Me ... (touch me, feel me-e-e)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbxxuasmSpA
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2015, 07:14:04 PM »
From the new video "evidence": "An employee took two balls, one from each team, into the bathroom for 90 seconds.  Could he have deflated 11 balls in that time?"  Seriously, how is this still a thing?

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 30, 2015, 03:58:20 PM »
If you were a ball ... (uh-oh) ... and you were "handled" by that guy, I think you would tell all those other balls to go commit suicide first.

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 01, 2015, 10:52:50 PM »
Pats win!  I loved the shot of Sherman when they intercepted that ball at the end.

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #174 on: February 01, 2015, 11:18:12 PM »
i prefer the shot of the owner after the next to last catch (the miracle catch)

that fight was better than last nights ufc main event...  :rolleyes
The goal of power is power. - 1984
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow
The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 01, 2015, 11:35:22 PM »
Fckin Seahawks. Who would throw the ball in that situation. They totally coulda stolen that win if they ran it. They were doing pretty good on coming back after that insane almost fumble catch at 2 minutes  :lmao

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 02, 2015, 06:09:26 PM »
Yeah, you go Wildcat with 2 extra Lineman, 2 TE's and a blocking back ... and let the other team beat the best player on the field ... 3 times in a row.  OR you go Ohio State with 2 extra Lineman, 2 TE's ... and let the other team guess who's getting the ball, the best player on the field, or the best running QB ... 3 times in a row.

Oh and take a  :fu timeout so you know what you're doing ; maybe they thought they could keep it for the next game on a wraparound "minutes" plan with Time outs.

The dead-air commercial right at the start of the game, freaked the !@#$ out of some dudes near where I was watching.  Hilarious.

Mondrian meets
Fischer Price baby toys meets
omfg I don't remember smoking anything before halftime
"Katy Perry, my kitty avatar's Tail wants to have your Baby."

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2015, 11:50:18 PM »
Andrew Hammond, a 27 year old playing his first games in the NHL, has tied a record that has stood for 77 years.  He is only the second goaltender in HISTORY to start his career with 2 or fewer goals in his first 12 games.  Only two have done it in their first 10 games.  He has a chance to make history on Thursday, but he better not beat my Bruins ;)

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2014021043&navid=nhl:topheads

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 03, 2015, 10:59:43 PM »
Montreal: 53 penalty minutes.  Brandon Prust: 31 penalty minutes.  (I hate Montreal, so I'm super happy right now)

EDIT:  Allow me to tell you a tale of hubris and pride, a tale that has been told before to a much different outcome, and more often to the same.  To begin, the other outcome.  Back in 1994, Mark Messier made "The Guarantee".  After a stinging loss in Game 5, to go down in the series with the Devils 3-2, Messier told the press that "we will win Game 6".  Not one to back down on a promise, he scored a hat trick, and they won games 6 and 7, and eventually the Cup.  Fast forward to 2015, the Rangers are in a similar spot, but have already won games 5 and 6 to tie the series.  In comes the protagonist of our story, Alexander Ovechkin.  He too makes a promise.  "We will come back and win in Game 7" he says, exuding confidence.  But there is one problem.  He is but one man.  Messier inspired his team and his city.  Ovechkin inspired himself.  He scored his team's only goal, and went on to lose his fifth game seven, to once again miss the conference finals.

Tampa faces new York.  I predict New York in 7.

Chicago faces Anaheim.  I predict Chicago in 6, though it won't be a close 6.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 12:38:08 PM by dman11235 »

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2015, 01:10:44 AM »
So!  Stanley Cup Final starts on Wednesday!  My Hawks are visiting the Tampa Bay Lightning.  The Blackhawks beat up the Ducks tonight, dealing them their 3rd consecutive game 7 home loss.  Only other team to lose 3 consecutive game 7s at home?  Washington in 2008-10.  ALL SIX of those loses came with the same coach, Bruce Boudreau, at the helm.

Also, an addendum to my previous tale of hubris.  One of the major storylines in the Anaheim-Chicago series was the physicality of the Ducks.  They kept saying "oh, we'll wear them down, we're hitting them hard, they can't take it".  After a game 5 win (they won in overtime after losing a 4-2 lead in the last 1:30 of the game on two quick, bad goals by Toews), Ryan Kessler said "No human can withstand that many hits".  Chicago out-skated, out-played, and out-endurance Anaheim in games 6 and 7 winning by a combined 10-5.  Their plan was to just hit and hit and hit the Hawks until they gave up, and they said that many times.  Before game 7 they said "every single hit, it all leads up to this.  We wore them down, and now we'll reap the rewards".  But by the end the only team that was tired was Anaheim.