Author Topic: Alternative Class Features Discussion  (Read 11681 times)

Offline Maat Mons

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative Class Features Discussion
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 04:29:34 AM »
There's an option in Oriental Adventures for a sorcerer to cast from the wu jen spell list instead of the sorcerer/wizard spell list.  The information is on page 30, near the end of the section on sorcerers.  It's a single sentence that isn't referenced elsewhere, as if the writers were playing a strange variant of Where's Waldo with the readers. 

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 01:29:45 PM »
There's an option in Oriental Adventures for a sorcerer to cast from the wu jen spell list instead of the sorcerer/wizard spell list.  The information is on page 30, near the end of the section on sorcerers.  It's a single sentence that isn't referenced elsewhere, as if the writers were playing a strange variant of Where's Waldo with the readers.

Added.  I remember seeing that while going through OA before, but didn't think to add it here.  I've looked through the Dragon 318 OA update and there's no mention of it, so it would seem that line in OA is the only place to find this info.

Offline Maat Mons

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2014, 08:52:49 PM »
A warforged sorcerer can trade his familiar for the wand bonding feat (City of Stormreach, p119).  The option is given in text of the feat itself, but it's basically an alternative class feature. 

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 05:05:20 PM »
A warforged sorcerer can trade his familiar for the wand bonding feat (City of Stormreach, p119).  The option is given in text of the feat itself, but it's basically an alternative class feature.

Added!