Author Topic: The 5th Day  (Read 47833 times)

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
Re: The 5th Day
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2012, 12:22:07 AM »
Rolled 3d6 : 1, 2, 2, total 5
target 10
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2012, 12:26:02 AM »
Yes, you think it was this way...  Somewhere around here...

Angelo, make a Perception (vision) roll.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2012, 09:53:34 PM »
Assuming I still have my glasses...

Rolled 3d6 : 5, 2, 5, total 12

...the magic number is 12.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2012, 10:01:45 PM »
As you walk deeper into the forest, you notice something... strange.  Moongate park is big, but... this big?  And the forested area is pretty dense, but... this dense?  It's almost like you are walking through an actual forest.

An actual forest with odd stone sculptures everywhere.  Or are they more like structures?  There appear to be these tiny little house-like things scattered across the ground everywhere, bunched up around some of the trees.  And it feels like you are being watched...

And its at about that time when you notice something else.  A faint buzzing, coming from somewhere far off.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2012, 10:14:38 PM »
"Uh...are you sure we'll still in the park?" I ask Serako.  A moment later, I hear the buzzing.  "Wait, do you hear that?  I think the locusts are over there!"

Without leaving the shade of the umbrella--she's being weird about that, after all--I try to lead Serako in the direction from which I hear the buzzing.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2012, 10:51:35 PM »
Straining her ears, Serako nods.  "I hear it too.  Serako ups her pace and rushes towards where the locusts' sounds can be heard from.

This is it.  The forest that isn't in the forest anymore.  This is where I fought the Kitsune...  What's going on?  Where is this?  It's like I walked into a shinto shrine...
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2012, 11:02:02 PM »
You walk deeper into the forest, as the time ticks over to 2:00.  You emerge in a clearing of sorts; a space free of undergrowth under the branches of a large tree.  The tree's trunk seems to have a ribbon of paper wrapped around it.

From here you can see four ways you can go.  Past the tree, back the way you came, to the left, and to the right.  You can't quite make out which direction the buzzing is coming from.  Maybe if you really strained and made a Perception (hearing) check...

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2012, 11:04:14 PM »
Rolled 3d6 : 3, 2, 1, total 6
under 12~
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2012, 11:37:24 PM »
Rolled 3d6 : 1, 2, 2, total 5

Moshi moshi, twelve desu~

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2012, 01:23:46 AM »
The buzzing seems to be coming from the path on the other side of the tree.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2012, 12:41:02 PM »
"This way."  Serako says flatly.  She leads them past the tree, eyeing the rope as she passes.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2012, 04:28:46 PM »
You walk around the tree and down the... well, path isn't quite right.  You walk in that direction though, and eventually end up at a stream of sorts.  The stream seems to continue for quite a ways in both direction, and, of course, you could ford the river and continue on in the direction you were going.  Perhaps you should make a Perception (listen) check.

The time is, err... 1:50?

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2012, 04:31:19 PM »
As usual, going for 12.

Rolled 3d6 : 2, 4, 6, total 12

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2012, 10:05:36 AM »
Rolled 3d6 : 1, 4, 5, total 10
Target 12
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2012, 02:07:38 PM »
It seems like the buzzing is coming from downstream.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2012, 06:01:20 PM »
"I think it's that way," I say, pointing down the stream.  Carefully, I lead onwards.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2012, 02:14:42 AM »
Serako hastilly follows, keeping them under the umbrella and keeping a look out (and an ear out) for any bugs.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2012, 02:20:38 AM »
You head down the stream.  Out of the corner of your eye, you think you glimpse a whirlpool form and head towards the bank where you were just standing, but it is gone by the time you focus.  It must have been a trick of the light or something...

You eventually make it to a cliff-face.  The river seems to run into the cliff and take another direction.  You can continue heading downstream (in another direction), along the cliff-face in the opposite direction of the stream, or back the way you came.  The cliff-face is pretty high.  I doubt you could climb over it.  Please make listen rolls.

The time is... huh?  But it wasn't... okay, um...  The time is now 7:30 PM.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2012, 10:36:58 AM »
Rolled 3d6 : 6, 1, 1, total 8

Listening for twelve.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2012, 01:09:43 AM »
going for 12
Rolled 3d6 : 3, 2, 1, total 6
Magic do what you will