Author Topic: High End OOC thread IV-End of minmaxboards  (Read 167551 times)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
Re: High End OOC thread IV-End of minmaxboards
« Reply #560 on: May 17, 2018, 06:26:28 PM »
Doesn't bravery include Strike, which does bypass Alert?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #561 on: May 17, 2018, 08:21:51 PM »
You are correct in that, thanks for reminding me.

Still need to wait for Stephanie/Teresa's free/immediate stuff before starting to resolve things.

Hmm, damn. For some reason I felt sure larger weapons were harder to disarm but that's apparently wrong. Guess I'm losing my swords again cause I need a nat20 to even match that disarm check.

Couldn't find how disarming built-in weapons works tho.

I recall saying that in-built weapons get a +4 bonus against disarm but can't find any reference indeed. Still I'll re-rule it that way for now. If somebody else recalls the exact ruling please let me know.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 17, 2018, 08:31:42 PM »
I've still got the Zeal actions to decide though it could all depend on the state of things before them. I'll add the usual "save vs this and that" once each per enemy attacked thing and maybe note contingencies of what my actions could be in the possible scenarios though there's so much that's possible with the material available it'd quite probably be pointless to guess.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 18, 2018, 04:04:55 PM »
Ugh sorry about lack of reply, was trying to figure out how to save my maid but looks like she'd dead lol.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 18, 2018, 04:56:13 PM »
Mao's situation really makes me feel like we dodged a bullet by going to a beach party -_-'

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 18, 2018, 05:00:45 PM »
Ugh sorry about lack of reply, was trying to figure out how to save my maid but looks like she'd dead lol.
If she's down, I'll try to bring her back.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 18, 2018, 05:03:32 PM »
Mao's situation really makes me feel like we dodged a bullet by going to a beach party -_-'

LMFAO
If she's down, I'll try to bring her back.

Appreciated.

WTF is that roll.

I just realized I obviously failed that counter. I'll put HP values later, but Teresa is definitely under -10.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 07:05:59 PM by YuweaCurtis »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 18, 2018, 09:34:18 PM »
Will start updating Mao/Stephanie's side of things later this weekend.

The beach is safer than the ruins filled with dangerous experiments, who would've thought? :P

Reflex Vs. Downfall? I dunno you didn't say

Downfall is a trip check.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 18, 2018, 10:25:48 PM »
Question!

Can my Soul from Ghostly Wheel of Pain use Spirits when it's summoned and begins its turn?

Downfall is a trip check.
Rolled a base of 18 on the dice anyways so is good~
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 10:29:29 PM by ketaro »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 18, 2018, 10:39:40 PM »
Well, yeah, the beach is... what, a pretty early area in episode... I'm not sure. Not 1. Maybe 4? God, it's been ages. The ruins are the final area of Episode 1. :D

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: May 19, 2018, 12:50:50 PM »
Well, yeah, the beach is... what, a pretty early area in episode... I'm not sure. Not 1. Maybe 4? God, it's been ages. The ruins are the final area of Episode 1. :D
PSO1 didn't really have beaches. It had jungles though, both episodes 1 and 3 (2 was a card game).

As for PSO2, I think it was the start of episode 3 or the end of episode 2. By the end of Episode 3 you have planet Harkotan, which means we'd have passed it, while as you said, ruins are the end of episode 1.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 22, 2018, 06:44:50 AM »
PSO1 didn't really have beaches. It had jungles though, both episodes 1 and 3 (2 was a card game).

As for PSO2, I think it was the start of episode 3 or the end of episode 2. By the end of Episode 3 you have planet Harkotan, which means we'd have passed it, while as you said, ruins are the end of episode 1.

The jungle at PSO 1 episode 2 did have a beach subsection (it was in an island after all) and it was episode 3 that was the card game.

Question!

Can my Soul from Ghostly Wheel of Pain use Spirits when it's summoned and begins its turn?
Yes.

Soro: Some problems with your actions.
-Twin weapons can only make paired attacks as a standard action, at the end of a charge or if an effect explicitly allows it. The Ambush maneuver only allows one attack.
-Guard is 20 spirit points base, how are you paying only 8?
-Illusion Star needs you to borrow maneuvers to your clone and write down a set of instructions for them to follow.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 22, 2018, 07:36:14 AM »
Will need a map. Space is still compressed all the way toward the end of the room.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 22, 2018, 08:48:11 AM »
Will need a map.
I wish you all the luck finding that map, because I can't give you one before August. At best. :)

Space is still compressed all the way toward the end of the room.

No, it's compressed between two points, that's just a line, between Mao's starting position roughly at the mid of the room and one of the walls. Outside that line, the room's space works as normal.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 22, 2018, 01:49:08 PM »
1. Twin weapons can only make paired attacks as a standard action, at the end of a charge or if an effect explicitly allows it. The Ambush maneuver only allows one attack.
2. Guard is 20 spirit points base, how are you paying only 8?
3. Illusion Star needs you to borrow maneuvers to your clone and write down a set of instructions for them to follow.
A. Ahh, well then I'm going to go figure out what hits harder and roll that.
B. Alert happens to cost 8 and it's right beside it, looks like I looked at the wrong number, maybe alternating background colors would help but all well, will adjust.
C. It seems that part never got posted, probably because I created a couple preset patterns I intended to post on the sheet but can't, Current plan is to watch it die horribly and near instantaneously as it initiates the fifteen round start up to fire some crappy Delayed Blast Fireballs while bluffing it's self to be a roadway sign.
1. God Throughout the World[Wall of Light] with the request of displaying pixel art of Hugo being slapped in the face, provides total-concealment.
2. Orreries' Solar System[Delayed Blast Fireball], which does nothing this turn but they can't see it anyway.
3. DZ's Parry, in case they fire at it. "If one of the instructions can't be carried out, it tries to do the next one."
4~1,000, Cockpit Hit & Quick Blow & Parry as needed while carpet bombing the ship and then everyone on it in a nondiscriminatory left-to-right order which happens until it's out of energy.
1,001~1,000,000: Spam Iron Blow (regen > expenditure) to keep it from timing out while the Solar System fires until it becomes unable to use this Maneuver (aka targets are out of range).

This is also Carpet Bombing: Plan B. Plan A is to nuke Bahamut with the Fireballs and it totally had a cooler name in chat the other day.

Edit: Yeahee, mods are currently broke. I can't roll anything for now.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 02:05:41 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 22, 2018, 05:50:53 PM »
I don't mind. Pretty busy, especially during the summer. I can use the downtime.

I know the compressed space is only a line. It still goes all the way toward the end of the room, is what I mean. Hard to show specifically how it goes without a map though.

Mao can tank the damage but it's odd that they are now pulling immediate actions on her turn right before any action is done. If that was to be, why have them do them after you wait for me to declare my actions? You could have declared those as part of the crunch of their turn. Feels like a retroaction. "Now our actions are over, say want you do now. Wait, nevermind, we forgot to do this before it really is your turn to declare what you do."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 22, 2018, 06:38:07 PM »
Yup, what should we do if the roll mod isn't fixed?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 23, 2018, 07:58:00 AM »
Ok, to keep things simple, until the forum is fixed you can roll however you want and only need to post the final results here. I trust you enough to don't try to cheat in this, and I hope you'll trust me in return.

I don't mind. Pretty busy, especially during the summer. I can use the downtime.
It's ok if you want to take a break from the campaign and return later, but if YuweaCurtis posts actions for Stephanie, I'm advancing that side of the campaign for them and Mao will count as locked in a time rift or something.

Mao can tank the damage but it's odd that they are now pulling immediate actions on her turn right before any action is done. If that was to be, why have them do them after you wait for me to declare my actions? You could have declared those as part of the crunch of their turn. Feels like a retroaction. "Now our actions are over, say want you do now. Wait, nevermind, we forgot to do this before it really is your turn to declare what you do."
They're newtypes. They have the zero system. THIS IS THE POWER OF THE MONADO! They are Mythra's drivers. It was technically your turn after all, force of habit. I'll try to remember it next time.

Still the party has often took advantage when you get to see all enemy actions for their round and then cherry pick your reactions for the most dangerous bits. :p

1. God Throughout the World[Wall of Light] with the request of displaying pixel art of Hugo being slapped in the face, provides total-concealment.
Approved.  :D

2. Orreries' Solar System[Delayed Blast Fireball], which does nothing this turn but they can't see it anyway.
Targets?

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 23, 2018, 09:29:08 AM »
Ok, to keep things simple, until the forum is fixed you can roll however you want and only need to post the final results here. I trust you enough to don't try to cheat in this, and I hope you'll trust me in return.
If anyone needs a dice roller Anydice can be used. Click on "Roller" next to View instead of Graph and then change the 6 to a 1 (or w/e it was).

4~1,000, Cockpit Hit & Quick Blow & Parry as needed while carpet bombing the ship and then everyone on it in a nondiscriminatory left-to-right order which happens until it's out of energy.
Targets?

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 23, 2018, 03:33:26 PM »

I know the compressed space is only a line. It still goes all the way toward the end of the room, is what I mean. Hard to show specifically how it goes without a map though.

My bad if my action where off.

Also, the irony of that full round action effect.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 05:05:38 PM by YuweaCurtis »