Author Topic: [3.5] [Item] Belt of Recovery (P.E.A.C.H.)  (Read 822 times)

Offline Draco Dei

• Innovative Homebrewer of Loquacity
    • View Profile
[3.5] [Item] Belt of Recovery (P.E.A.C.H.)
« on: August 28, 2023, 05:21:25 AM »
Reposting from GitP. Halved cost since I don't know what I was thinking... I MAY have been spot on for all I know, so please especially P.E.A.C.H. that part.

Belt of Recovery, Lesser
Price: 1,500
Body Slot: Waist
Caster Level: 3
Aura: Faint Transmutation
Activation: Use activated
Weight: 2 lbs
This belt has images of figures laying on the ground and/or performing gymnastic exercises.

This item has three charges per day, the wearer may expend a charge to do one of the following:
  • Stand from prone as a swift action that provokes attacks of opportunity.
  • Stand from prone as a move action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
Alternatively they may expend all three charges at once to stand from prone as a swift action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
In all cases, activating the item is included in the above actions used to rise.
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Stand, Caster level 3
Costs to create: 750 gp worth of materials, 60 XPs, 1.5 days work.

Belt of Recovery
Price: 3,000
As per Belt of Recovery, Lesser except that the two uses listed above can be used without daily limit AND once per day allows the wearer to stand as a swift action that does NOT provoke attacks of opportunity.
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Cat's Grace, Stand, Caster level 5
Costs to create: 1,500 gp worth of materials, 120 XPs, 3 days work.

Belt of Recovery, Greater
Price: 6,000
The wearer of this belt may stand from prone as a swift action without provoking attacks of opportunity. There is NO daily limit on this.
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Cat's Grace, Stand, Caster level 7
Costs to create: 3,000 gp worth of materials, 240 XPs, 6 days work.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 05:20:48 PM by Draco Dei »
P.E.A.C.H. = Please Examine And Critique Honestly

Online bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5] [Item] Belt of Recovery (P.E.A.C.H.)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 08:57:55 PM »
The math works out to the cost being higher, but I often ignore that, and compare what the item can do to existing items of a comparable price.  I find the prices for stuff to be all over the place.  Doing so, the price of the lesser belt doesn't seem out of line, I'll have to think about the other two.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5] [Item] Belt of Recovery (P.E.A.C.H.)
« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:32:32 AM »
I immediately think of the Boots of Agile Leaping, from MIC, p. 76.  Though those require 5 ranks in Balance, they let you stand from prone as a swift action without provoking attacks of opportunity for a mere 600gp.  With that being the case, even if you double the price of the boots, 1200gp so you don't have the skill rank requirement would be fine, imho.
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.