Author Topic: WoNPM Beginning of Exile  (Read 16365 times)

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dnd-wiki.org
WoNPM Beginning of Exile
« on: June 17, 2015, 12:15:15 AM »
The ship has been sailing for about 12 standard hours.  Every prisoner on board has been sedated (except for Foof Bear, whom the guards deemed as an innocent animal) either magically or pharmaceutically (or with a restraining bolt for robots).  As the sedative wears off, the prisoners become more aware of their surroundings and notice the have shackles on (VERY high quality)(MUST HAVE KEY TO REMOVE OR GET OUT OF, cursed).  Standing guard is a Fullangr male with impressive muscles (even for a Fullangr), dozens of scars, and impressive gear (with an impressive glowing axe) that looks like he may be a high ranking officer.  The inside of the ship is dimly lit, allowing the vision of most of the figures on board, but not much detail.
Prisoners are arranged as follows:

Row 1
Fluffy McRabbit  -  Elizabeth Stoker

Row 2
Madae Harkonnen  -  Foof Bear

Row 3
Bianca "B-101" Tesla  -  Key Tesla

Row 4
Kosho  -  Shining Enlightenment

The captain on deck shouts something in Dwarven
(click to show/hide)
to which the guard shouts back in Giant
(click to show/hide)
The guard then says to all the prisoners Wake up every'un.  Ye might wanta take a second to stretch, but afterw'rds y'all are headed to ye new home.  Friendly remind'r: majik, psykeeks, and robuts aint a'welcome there, so y'all best be on yer best behavyur!
After he finishes talking a faint murmuring can be heard.
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Signature here.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
Re: WoNPM Beginning of Exile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 04:38:01 PM »
Just their luck.

It was bad enough that the activation of the Chaos Engine was a failure, and that it ended up creating a XK class dimensional convergence event, but fate saw fit that they didn't even die in the process; that would have been easy to fix.  No, it seems that it interacted with Bianca's panicked escape attempts with her Worldgates and threw her completely off course, well beyond the supercluster dictated by the Entity and into a completely different supercluster.  And translation had not been kind on them.  There was no Entity here, far as she knew anyway, and her Worldgate was nonfunctional at the moment as her home was too far away to get a lock.

But that wasn't actually the worst thing.  Naturally she went to try and find help, but ended up clashing with the locals.  What kind of name is Clever Circuit anyway, that's pompous bastard... he deserved every insult that she delivered.  Anyway, how was she supposed to know that claiming yourself a master of magic would be frowned upon.

"And furthermore... Bianca, are you even listening to me?"

Bianca snapped out of her mental stupor.  The short young human woman was still shacked to the wall in a most undignified way; the setup was designed for someone taller and a wider arm reach.  They had at least let her keep her lab coat and her ever-important hairclip, which she passed off as jewelry and not as a complete necessary focus for her witch powers.   Not that it was any good shackled.  Who knows where her stuff is.  Actually, where was their stuff?  They probably didn't leave it with them, prisoners and all, but Bianca needed that book badly.  Those philistines wouldn't know it's real value, she hoped it was being treated well.  Bianca wasn't alone at least, for the person who was berating her right now was Key, her favorite creation.  She looked human, but under that layer of artificial skin and muscle was her scientific genius, and a stolen spark to grant her life in the fullest.

Key was bound as well, this time with restraining bolts around the large key-shaped object which projected from her back.  It was deeply uncomfortable for Key in ways that she couldn't properly express.  The sooner they got off this ship, the better.  At the very least, they were lucky enough to get exile instead of execution for the stunt they pulled.  Bianca was simply too hotheaded for her own good, and now she wasn't even listening.  How rude.

"Shhh.  Wait.  You hear that?" Bianca said, tilting her head.  Beside the rabbit's muttering she meant.  "We're getting close to land.  We'll be out soon."  She tilted her head and cleared her throat, switching to the ever-obscure Modron language.  She made a series of rapid clicks, to which Key replied with a furrowed brow.

(click to show/hide)

The guard's warning put Key on edge.  Magic, Psychics, and Robots.  And Key was two of those.  Nevermind Bianca.  This was gonna be dangerous, especially with Bianca giving into her megalomania.
Mudada.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 05:17:53 PM »
An adorable Bandersnatch cub sniffs teh various tied up peeples.  Perhaps one of dem has fud.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 04:56:05 PM »
The vampire, rather annoyed at her imprisonment, simply glared at the guards with a fury entirely unfitting of such a youthful-looking frame. Honestly, this was the most ridiculous exile conceivable; why had she been sent out to wherever this forsaken hell hole was because a god happened to be a crybaby? If he was going to be so thin-skinned, then maybe he shouldn't try and get people to worship him.

The annoying rabbit seemed like a nice potential snack.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 03:45:34 PM »
*pokes the bunny*

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 02:02:03 AM »
*pokes....the bunny*

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 01:07:09 AM »
Fluffy McRabbit notices the bandersnatch poking him.  Do a barrel roll! he says to the bandersnatch with MUCH enthusiasm, then he goes back to muttering Use the boost to get through!  Use the boost to get through! ...

Shining Enlightenment was startled by the rabbit's loud shout.  In a soothing, feminine voice, he said Please, good sir, don't startle the poor thing!  To the bandersnatch, he says I'm sorry fuzzy one, I would give you some food, but alas, this clamp on my horn is disabling my magic.  Please don't be cross.  Finally to everyone else, he says to everyone (except the guard), My good people, what disturbance so ill have you been accused of that the powers that be exiled you?  I only ask because I wish to know you all better.  For me...he pauses for a second, a tear coming from his eyes, I was the friend and adviser of Thalia and Asher Prima.  I was there on the day they were murdered by THEIR OWN SON!!! ...Sorry...anyways, their child had outside help.  He didn't do anything but stand there, but i noticed the moment he entered the room, the king and queen's divine aura disappeared.  He stood tall...dark...a Lobster...man.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:13:30 AM by Psysama »
Signature here.

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 02:23:20 AM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 03:39:31 AM by Psysama »
Signature here.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 03:48:08 AM »
We of the Bandersnatch apparently do not need sleep.

I pester teh guards for fud

"rowr"

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 05:13:10 AM »
Despite paying no attention to the horse thing, and not caring what the hell it had done to end up on this boat here, this nevertheless apparently forced something that was supposedly incapable of sleeping to sleep... and then some banal scene with an uninteresting figure. New plan upon getting freed: kill the idiotic thing. Anything that would dare force her to sleep deserved to 'sleep' permanently. Especially when that was the best nightmare it could come up with.

(click to show/hide)

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2015, 06:01:41 AM »
There was a loud noise from the possibly insane rabbit at the other end of the ship that startled them both from their plotting in modronese.  Ah, I see.  It was that strange unidentified animal Bianca saw running around.  The thing seemed benign, probably domesticated, but she frankly wasn't sure what it was.  Still, nothing to worry about.  The sudden noise did get them back to playing attention to their surroundings, including some of the odder prisoners.

Like that one.

"Is that a pony?"

Yes it was.  A bright, sparkly, talking pony.  There was something weird about this pony.  Something very weird indeed.  Neither Bianca nor Key fell into the candor of the Voice of Sleeping, though Key wouldn't have expected to enter a reboot mode in the first place.  She would have been very surprised had it worked.

"Hey weirdo."

"Excuse me, Mr. Horse."

"You sure do talk a lot.  Dunno anything about your royal fops getting the axe, or walking talking lobsters, but you're just weird enough of a thing to get some answers out of.  Me and my friend are a bit lost, and we don't much know this area very well.  Like... I'm used to some strange stuff, so I'm not too fazed, but you're still a talking horse, and that's weird as hell.  Where are we?  Where are we going?  What's a good place to eat, and where can I find some scrap metal and tools.  I am absolutely over this imprisonment thing.  And hey, if you're helpful maybe I can make sure you get something good going on when I take over this pla- cough cough, take this place by storm.  Cause I'm talented like that."

"I detect an unusual event occurring.  Are you casting something?  Aren't you bound my antimagic shackles as well?  Bianca, maybe we can try your spark abilities again, it might work.  Hold on, testing personal systems...

...negative.  No, it doesn't work, I do not understand."
Mudada.

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2015, 07:54:05 AM »
Shining Enlightenment Turned his head and looked to respond to the child-like person and the apparent robot, but just as he went to open his mouth, he fell asleep.  He began shaking for a bit, and eventually awoke, but when he did awake, there was a look of terror in his eyes.  He tried to speak, but nothing would come out.
Signature here.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2015, 02:57:02 PM »
I put my paw on the guards knee

*rowr*

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2015, 03:42:31 PM »
Something was definitely up.

Off to the side, one of the prisoners, a human... she thinks... had suddenly gone from alert to passed out.  Maybe she was tired, that was a thing.  But now the horse, in the middle of conversation, had drifted off.  That could mean only one thing...

Gas!  There must have been an ambient poison in the air.  Given what she knew, it seemed a reasonable result.

"O...oh crap.  Gas!"

"Hold your breath!  I will attempt to summon help!"

Key didn't need to worry about the (not actually existent) poison, so she started to shout.  "GUARDS!  GUARDS!  Help us!  I think there's something in the air!"  Maybe it's the noise she is making, but the pony (and the young woman presumably) would return to being awake shortly.  In any case, Key hoped she would get someone's attention.  Or they would reach land and they would open the doors and vent the area.

"HEY!  HEEEEEY SOMEONE, ANYONE?!  Hey... hey Mr. Uh.... not a dog, go get help!" she motions at the Bandersnatch, not expecting it to work.
Mudada.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 09:39:58 PM »
*notices human trying to get his attention*

*playfully nips guards knee in his continued quest for food*

"rowr"  :bigeyes

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 07:58:12 PM »
The Fullangr guard sighs, then reaches into his pouch and pulls out a piece of salted pork
(click to show/hide)
'Ere yeh go, lil one, tossing it down for the young bandersnatch.  Ingoring the talking robot, he appears to hear something, then heads up to check what's going on up on the deck.
(click to show/hide)
Next to Elizabeth Stoker is a small blood red shard of metal.  Looks impossibly heavy and has a faint red glow about it. It also radiates evil
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
  Watch where you're flying, Fluffy McRabbit said, then remained quiet, with the look of fear in his eyes.
Next to Shining Enlightenment there is a similar shard, only blue and radiating good.  The lesser alicorn reaches over and picks it up with his mouth.
Signature here.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 08:15:35 PM »
Due to being an undead monstrosity powered by darkness, spite, and a regular fluid intake of a nutritional mix, and thus functionally immune to mind control, the vampire regarded the malevolent metal lump with mild interest... and the lack of a guard as a good time to attempt to get out of these blasted shackles.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2015, 10:48:16 PM »
The shakes begin shining the moment the vampire tries to do something.
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
All of a sudden a business card appears in each prisoner's hands (or nearby for those who don't have hands).  The Card reads:

Vessy Misatra
Goddess of Death

After being read, the card transforms into a glowing key.

A loud noise is heard over head and the Fullangr guard's lower body falls back down the stairs.  A loud booming robotic voice says Scanning...target located.  Apprehending.
The rabbit shouts Quit screwing around, do something! and Gets his shackes off, but at that moment an huge robotic hand reaches through the hull and graps the rabbit.  The robot takes off and water is now leaking into the ship
Signature here.

Offline Giladriel

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2015, 11:00:20 PM »
Foof bear, come, we leave.  This place isn't suitable for royalty.(says with disgust. She removes her shackles and swims towards Foof Bears to get him and her to safety.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 02:17:42 AM »
I say a silent moment of thanks to the poor guard and snuggle the mawms.

"purr"