Author Topic: Low-End OOC thread.  (Read 86201 times)

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
Re: Low-End OOC thread.
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2013, 03:13:17 AM »
In any case I'm currently leaning towards Dragonfire Adept, so I won't have 3 heads or 4 arms, I'll just be breathing fire.

On that note: which would the party rather have, a face or a know it all?

I only get 1 invocation at lv1 so I can't have both Beguiling Influence and Draconic Knowledge. I'm currently leaning towards beguiling influence, since I can pick up the other one at lv3 which is the same level I can take knowledge devotion. I'm not yet certain, however, and could go the other way or back to Totemist or something completely different.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2013, 03:27:37 AM »
I have a bard . Face is covered. Aside from intimidating people.

Offline Elevevated Beat

• My DJ scratches like he's wearing itchy wool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2013, 05:45:29 AM »
Hiii...

Are Regional Feats allowed? Was looking at taking Swift and Silent.
Cityscape Web Enhancement?
I'm just going to assume Dragon Mag/Comp is out as there was no mention of it at all.
I apologise if those were explained in your "Crunch" post. I just wanted to double check that "every 3.5 book under the sun" literally meant book and was not inclusive of magazines or webpages.

Also, will this campaign have much nature stuff in it, or should I be taking Urban ACFs and variants when I can?

Edit: One last question (I hope). Are multi-classing penalties in effect?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 06:02:40 AM by Elevevated Beat »
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2013, 07:58:01 AM »
@Raineh Daze: That is a greatsword and a scale mail. The equipments are still WIP. And I took the liberty of creating a Greatsword out of an Assault Blade because I could not find a single two-handed weapon for Real Robots.
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2013, 08:24:09 AM »

...pffft.

Haha.

AHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Good one, dude!
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2013, 08:28:14 AM »
Psst, Scout. Your Fortitude save is wrong.

EDIT: Also, Sargeant Antares is up.

May I post with Hugo?  :p
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 09:01:23 AM by Kuroimaken »

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Elevevated Beat

• My DJ scratches like he's wearing itchy wool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2013, 08:48:23 AM »

...pffft.

Haha.

AHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Good one, dude!

:(  In my defense, I've never done one of these before and even though I know the community's got a hate-boner for that rule there wasn't anything to say otherwise.

I kinda put it on the same "silly question" level as the others... but then thinking about it and seeing your reply... I did I have to laugh too :lol

Edit: Nvm. Answered my own question... :banghead
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 08:50:59 AM by Elevevated Beat »
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2013, 08:51:46 AM »

You're right! Fixed it and some other details as well. Is everything ok now? Thanks a lot!
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2013, 09:05:39 AM »

You're right! Fixed it and some other details as well. Is everything ok now? Thanks a lot!

I think so. You're getting the Reflex save from the Real Robot side, right?

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2013, 09:57:23 AM »

I think so. You're getting the Reflex save from the Real Robot side, right?

Exactly! You're going melee too, right?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2013, 10:05:08 AM »
Did everybody end up switching to melee besides our spaceship pilot?   :P

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2013, 10:55:50 AM »
I planned to go melee from the beginning.  :P

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2013, 11:34:57 AM »
Don't really on the bard for ranged support. Especially not when I have abilities that work best within 10 feet of you. XD

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2013, 01:22:35 PM »
I think I'm the only one who changed. And I did it because I thought we'd need more front line people. I think there are at least two other ranged guys and the ship captain.
That I know of, the melee guys are the kobold, my character and Kuroimaken's, so I guess it is well balanced now.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2013, 04:57:41 PM »
I've switched from melee to ranged, sort of. My primary offensive ability is a 15ft cone, so I'll need to be closeish to work it, and my AC is scary, in mecha form at least, so I can tank pretty well. However, I have no need for str so I won't be making any melee attacks.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2013, 06:28:31 PM »
So... question. Can I sneak attack with a flamer futuristic weapon from the DMG?
No, you can only sneak attack with stuff that demands attack rolls.

@Raineh Daze: That is a greatsword and a scale mail. The equipments are still WIP. And I took the liberty of creating a Greatsword out of an Assault Blade because I could not find a single two-handed weapon for Real Robots.
Any arsenal melee weapon can be wielded two-handed if you choose to, just like regular melee weapons. Trying to improvise your own weapons at this stage is not aceptable.

Hiii...

Are Regional Feats allowed? Was looking at taking Swift and Silent.
Cityscape Web Enhancement?
I'm just going to assume Dragon Mag/Comp is out as there was no mention of it at all.
I apologise if those were explained in your "Crunch" post. I just wanted to double check that "every 3.5 book under the sun" literally meant book and was not inclusive of magazines or webpages.
-One regional feat per character tops.
-What enhancment again?
-Yes, drag magazine is out by default.

Also, will this campaign have much nature stuff in it, or should I be taking Urban ACFs and variants when I can?
If by "nature" you mean alien forests and abandoned facilities, sure, it will have plenty of nature stuff. :p

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2013, 07:30:00 AM »
Any arsenal melee weapon can be wielded two-handed if you choose to, just like regular melee weapons. Trying to improvise your own weapons at this stage is not aceptable.

Ok! Respecing again. He'll be a two-weapon fighter. For the Weapon Focus feat, what are the Plasma Swords? Longswords? Or a complete different weapon?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2013, 07:45:37 AM »
Honestly, I would strongly advise not taking Weapon Focus with a Real Robot. Apart from the fact you're basically asking for 'weapon focus: one-handed blades', the class is pretty much built around upgrading, replacing, and swapping parts out. You're pretty much shooting yourself in the foot by taking a class that goes in for modularity and then restricting yourself like that.  :-\

It works better with Super Robots, honestly (Main Weapon, upgrade that, focus on pimping the mecha and using the one weapon).

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2013, 07:56:27 AM »
Weapon Focus is very rarely worth taking as a feat in any situation. There are other, better, sources of attack bonuses if that's what you need.

If you want to go TWF with a Real Robot, my recommendation would be to take one plasma sword and one steel knife. The knife has the defensive property, which lets you use it as an immediate action. So attack with the plasma sword on your turn, and the knife on your opponent's turn. Two attacks with no need for the TWF feat and no attack penalty.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2013, 11:53:21 AM »
Despite the SRD races restriction I assume that Azurin will be allowed?