Author Topic: Starship, Shipwrecked (Fate2.0, interest check/recruiting)  (Read 1891 times)

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
  • Neither genius nor savant, mostly just confused
    • View Profile
Starship, Shipwrecked (Fate2.0, interest check/recruiting)
« on: October 12, 2012, 09:41:21 PM »
This is my first time with a system outside of d&d, and I want to try something a bit more story based. A while back I had an idea for a game based around a star ship that had crashed on a foreign planet. Each of the players would have a chance to create their own alien race for their character. This is what I've come up with. Anyone interested in playing?

You were in stasis aboard an intergalactic ship traveling light years across the galaxy, but something went wrong, horribly wrong. The ship exited faster than light travel way too early, and way too close to a planet. It careened through the atmosphere, and burst into flame before colliding with the forest below. Wreckage was strewn across the forest and the stasis pods ejected not a moment too soon. Your pod landed among the flaming wreckage and you awoke, on a strange planet, with no ship to carry you off, and no beacon to signal for help. Finding a few other survivors, you've banded together. With no food and no  water, you must act fast to survive.

---

Phases

Phase 1:
Childhood- Early education, whether by tribal teachings of the hunt or at an institute of advanced academic acumen is dependent on the race of the character.

Phase 2:
Young Adulthood- The character's adolescence, a time when the bridge from childhood to adulthood must be crossed.

Phase 3:
Boarding the Ship-includes the time from when the character first decides to leave their home world to the actually boarding of the spacecraft.

Phase 4:
Stasis- character development aspects are gained during the time the characters are temporally brought out of stasis to watch over the ship. Each character was assigned a shift, A-F and was awoken for a three week period before returning to stasis for 15 weeks before returning to their shift.

Phase 5:
A Rude Awakening- The wreck of the ship and subsequent awakening of the survivors. Shift B is awake during the crash.

---

Designing your race:

All races start with a pair of arms with hands, a pair of legs and a head. All senses of humans are included at human capacity, but can be augmented using the generation rules below.

Be creative with your combinations and be even more creative with your description.

Cosmetic Changes are unlimited as they give no other benefit then astetics, so be creative! Some examples of cosemetic changes are:
@Number of digits
@Vestigle(non-functional) fins
@Vestigle horns
@skin type(scaly, ect)
@Eyes(stalked, multi-faceted, color, abnormal eyelids)
@Forked tongue
@Voice
@Hair

Generation Abilities

All races get to chose up to three abilities. These are what make each race unique, use them, be creative, try something.

@Natural Armor(of any form, but provides the race with extra defence against predators)

@Scent(makes finding and tracking creatures much easier, means getting meat to eat takes less time and can warn of dangerous creatures)

@Tail/tentacle(increases balance, making exploring easier Or inceases swiming, making water travel easier, creator's pick)

@@Prehensile(makes tail/tentacle act like a partial third hand, increases climbing ability and can hold another tool, Not quite as good as another hand, but good none the less.)

@Spikes(whether on an appendage or covering the body, it gives an active defense or passive offense against attackers)

@Swiming fins(increases swim speed making water travel faster)

@@Gills(when added to swiming fins, no need to hold breath, exploring the depths is possible, giving access to more resources)

@Claws(a weapon and tool, provides a melee offense without tools and helps climbing)

@Fangs(weapon, provides melee offense and allows for eating raw meat)

@Webbed Digits(faster swiming, water travel is faster normal, but not as fast as fins)

@Enlarged form(great strength allows for carrying more and hitting harder, but prevents going in small spaces)

@Extra Arms(extra arms mean extra hands, we've all wanted an extra pair of hands)

@Natural attack(be it a stinger, pincers, hooves or what not, gives an offensive option if attacked. Can't be a used as a tool)

@Venom/poison(makes either fangs or natural weapon deliver a poison. All poisons offer the same benefit, kills a small creature(rabit sized) in seconds, medium sized(large dog) in minutes, and larger creatures in hours. 1/10 creatures recovers from poison or is immune)

@Slim form(gives the ability to contort the body into small spaces at the cost of strength)

@Wings(insectile, feathered, leathery, scaly or something else, gives the ability to fly at the cost of strength and durability)

@Light sensativity(painful to be out in daylight, but sees better at night)

@Echolocation(can use hearing to 'see')

@Improved sense(improves one of the senses, creator's pick, can be taken for more than one sense)

@Natural Storage(either a pouch to carry things, or an internal chamber to store food, assume empty upon awakening)

@Internal Compass(always know North... er, at least what passes for it here)

@Spit(venomous, acidic, boiling liquids, or even spines, provides a short, ranged, offense to the race)

@Natural light(provides a light source from the body, can be like a flashlight or a lantern)

@Camoflage(skin color/texture makes it easier for you to hide)

@Dimunitive size(teenie tiny)

@Sprint(give up running distance for speed)

@Stamina(give up running speed for distance)

Other abilities are possible, PM me or post here to find out if you can use it. If I agree, I'll add it to the list for everyone.

---

A Sample Creature:

This one is mine though. :)

Race: Magnoth
Abilities/Traits
@ Enlarged Form
@ Natural Armor
@ Internal Compass

Born on the steppes of a far off rocky planet, the Magnoths are a race of huge brutes. Having just entered into the intergalactic trade, the Magnoths use their large size to provide muscle where ever the pay is good. Mottled gray in color, their skin was toughened from evolving  on a planet covered in jagged rocks and sharp stones. standing an average of 2.5 meters(just over 8 feet) and massing a lean 250 kg(roughly 550 lbs) they are a massive species and easily capable of bringing to bare all of their strength. Three short, brutal fingers and any equally strong thumb allow for their use of tools. A large, flat nose contains the magnetic material that allows them to always determine a planets magnetic north, and two double lidded eyes give them equal sight to a human. Small ears, at least for their prodigious size, sit on both sides of their head, and a large, blunt toothed grin lies behind their almost black lips.

Name: Ommgar

Born the son of a tribal hunter, Ommgar was to replace his father when the time came, and as such, learned many of the hunting skills of his people, including their superb ability with huge slings. But just before he had reached adulthood, his tribe was wiped out by miners seeking the minerals under their ceremonial altar. Having then made is way to the more civilized parts of the world, Ommgar found his way into a job as a cargo worker for the space dock on his planet. Recently though, he was given the offer to travel across space to serve as a dock hand at a new dock for twice the pay, as the natural inhabitants of the race do not have the physical capacity for the job.

---
Smile beautiful. It's not as bad as you think.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline pet1

• Lurker
  • Hmm.. Hey!
    • View Profile
Re: Starship, Shipwrecked (Fate2.0, interest check/recruiting)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 08:50:16 AM »
I want to join.
I plan on playing a slave.
With the 3 feats (Or abilities)
Enlarge form, extra arms and natural armor.
And I will find out about more of my char when I get home.
(I am going to Copenhagen the next few days)

I am going to make the once proud race Zoliant from the planet Galt.
Once a proud and free humanoids but now slaves to most other races
(but some have developed so they are more intelligent and not used as slave, but is a free folk which help with research)
All Zoliant have the following abilities
-Natural armor, which match the color of the planet they are born on (To a certain degree. Zoliants home planet is a desert like planet, which make the look sand-yellow-ish)
-Enlarge form, because of their home planet where everything is bigger then on other planets Zoliants have evolved to a large form to be able to survive the giant creatures of the desert planet.
-Extra arms, this is yet unknown to the rest of the universe why they got those extra arms, but some of theories is that it is to handle the giant animals, and be able to do multiple tasks at the same time (which the can) Or do the same thing twice as fast.

Zoliants
Originally from the planet Galt which is a desert planet. The race was discovered for a few millennias ago. And have been used as slaves to do manually labor, but in the few last decades some of those Zoliants have broke out of their slavery and become fully accepted citizens of a few races, and have even managed to do research on a level which noone would have believed for just a few decades ago. Male Zoliants are approximately up to 3 meters high and female nearly 2.7 meters. They weighs up to 500 kg. And their skin is up to 5 cm thick (which is why there have been made special devices to keep them under control). Most other races would say that the Zoliants are ugly brute force, but some races actually find seaxual pleasure in Zoliants (This can also vary from race to race, and person to person) (Is this good enough?)

Atsushi
A female Zoliant born on their home planet Galt, she was nearly 10 years when she was taken away and sold to her master.
She have learned to survive on the home planet Galt, and have been trained in martial art as required for all the inhibitors of the planet Galt.
She have never used what she learned on Galt, except how to use her muscles. She have been used for hard manual labor the most of her life, but have never had a really hard life like other Zoliants which have been tortured or even sent to a planet without any life forms.

What game system is it we play with (Is it a self made or?)?
It is Fate 2.0.......

I will bye the way ask some of my friends if they are interested in joining this scenario. ;)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 05:08:59 PM by pet1 »
Feel free to comment on my spelling. (As long it is relevant.)
/Ats

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
  • Neither genius nor savant, mostly just confused
    • View Profile
Re: Starship, Shipwrecked (Fate2.0, interest check/recruiting)
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 08:52:59 AM »
First off, glad to see someone's interested.

The game system is mostly FATE with my added rules for racial generation.

Enjoy your trip :)
Smile beautiful. It's not as bad as you think.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.