Author Topic: Playtesting Power of Cybernetics, Possibly?  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Playtesting Power of Cybernetics, Possibly?
« on: November 01, 2014, 03:36:39 AM »
Hi folks. I've wanted to get a playtesting game together for Power of Cybernetics, my sci-fi Incarnum-like subsystem, for a while now.

I have a couple ideas for the content of the game. This is for a playtest, so story and RP aren't as big a priority as in a normal game, but I'd still like to put some effort into it and not just run a series of encounters (that'd be boring, not to mention terribly slow via PbP). Plus, with the average lifespan of a PbP game, we probably wouldn't get the chance to test much of anything, meaning that this is more of an excuse to make a game using my homebrew than it is to be a playtest in and of itself.

1) Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Players are bounty hunters/soldiers of the Galactic Federation when a space pirate fleet launches an assault on the planet Norion and then Phazon starts to corrupt everything and other bad things happen.

2) Shadorun Returns: Dead Man's Switch (because I played it recently and I'm still sort of familiar with the plot). Your old buddy posthumously hired you to investigate his murder at the hands of the Emerald City Ripper.

3) Someone else provides the ideas.

Also, if anyone would be interesting in co-DMing this, I'd really appreciate it. My time is somewhat limited as I'm working on my masters thesis, so anything to keep the workload down is great.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Playtesting Power of Cybernetics, Possibly?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 03:48:34 PM »
You know I'd play.