Author Topic: [Legend] Osaka Street Stories  (Read 17579 times)

Offline Childe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Even forever must end, I think. ...
    • View Profile
    • Legend RPG, Rule of Cool Gaming
Re: [Legend] Osaka Street Stories
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2013, 10:38:35 PM »
That's cool, is the other one sufficient, would you like me to add/change anything?

Skimmed it just now, looks complete.
"You had a tough day at the office. So you come home, make
yourself some dinner, smother your kids, pop in a movie, maybe
have a drink. It's fun, right? Wrong. Don't smother your kids."
- The More You Know

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 10:45:59 PM »
@Nanshork & everyone: It may just be easier to use the Legend Character Sheet and link it. We have it available on our Get the Game page: http://www.ruleofcool.com/get-the-game/
It will be updated again at some point to auto-calculate and all that, but for now it's still a handy and aesthetically neat sheet.
EDIT: This is a reminder though that character sheets are not required at this point.

Yeah, that's boring.  :P

Look at my signature, making character sheets using BBCode is just a thing that I do.  So far 4e D&D is the only game that I've played on here that I haven't made a sheet for (well, and I've got a d20 past character that's on myth-weavers because I'm too lazy to transfer his sheet).

So don't think of it as what would be easier for me, think of it along the lines of "Nanshork is more likely to get involved in Legend games if he has a well made character sheet".   :)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 02:33:16 AM »
Your character sheets always confuse the hell out of me. :P

I am amused such a large amount of personality is desired in a little stub of a character sheet.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2013, 10:03:51 AM »

I am amused such a large amount of personality is desired in a little stub of a character sheet.

What's so confusing about it?

Also, my character sheets are never little stubs.  If you'll look at any of my sheets on the board they've got notes written all over them.   :P

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2013, 10:19:41 AM »

Also, my character sheets are never little stubs.  If you'll look at any of my sheets on the board they've got notes written all over them.   :P

I have no idea. I don't like them because it makes it look like too much to fill in, and the fact it's neatly laid out with all the modifiers  turns my brain off. :p

The stub thing is a comment on the little sheet thing the guy asked for on this thread. Only two sentences of appearance, and three of backstory, but five of personality. Not really a very good picture of a character. :lmao

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2013, 10:27:34 AM »

I have no idea. I don't like them because it makes it look like too much to fill in, and the fact it's neatly laid out with all the modifiers  turns my brain off. :p

The stub thing is a comment on the little sheet thing the guy asked for on this thread. Only two sentences of appearance, and three of backstory, but five of personality. Not really a very good picture of a character. :lmao

I've learned that if I don't write where all the modifiers come in I start to doubt my math and tend to go over everything with a fine toothed comb.  It also makes things easier for whoever is DM'ing. 

I also like things really organized if you haven't noticed.   :p

About the stub: Ohhhhh, that makes way more sense.

Offline Childe

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2013, 11:06:25 AM »

Personality is the most important part of that section. It's not as if I'm going to turn a character away based on their physical appearance. The appearance part is just to make sure the player has a holistic idea of their character.

But any longer and it would just be tedious. Honestly, I'm surprised there's any complaint about a short application.  :facepalm
- The More You Know

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2013, 12:49:36 PM »

Personality is the most important part of that section. It's not as if I'm going to turn a character away based on their physical appearance. The appearance part is just to make sure the player has a holistic idea of their character.

Guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on how necessary such a heavily defined personality is when there's basically nothing to support it. :p

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2013, 03:55:19 PM »
Personality dictates how a character is likely to act in a given situation, and is essentially the most basic expression of who the character is. I can understand why it's such a relatively important part of the sheet.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2013, 04:13:00 PM »
I've never really been a fan of rigidly defining personality in excess of other character information. Gets too restrictive.

Offline Greybender

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2013, 05:00:55 PM »
I like defining personality in a vague way, with some specifics, though I like to describe them in an inter-subjective way, to avoid events of "I don't believe your character would do that.", or "My character would strongly reject such a thing.", primarily to avoid party and plot conflict.

Offline Childe

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2013, 08:21:48 PM »
Raineh Daze, I'm asking for five sentences, not a book, not even a page or a long paragraph. I hardly think this is going to be too restrictive. Any less and I don't think I'll get a good enough glimpse into the character to know if they'll fit the game well.

If anyone has a case for why five sentences is burdensomely long, you're welcome to make it. I just don't see it.

That out of the way, anyone have any questions I can help answer? I know a few people are done already, but if you're still working and you're not sure about anything, use me as a resource.
- The More You Know

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2013, 08:23:11 PM »
I should point out that I already wrote the five sentences, and the rest of it. I just like grumbling about silly things. :p

Offline Childe

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2013, 06:52:27 PM »
Update: The deadline will be 5pm, Tuesday, June 25. However, I will be with limited connection Sunday-Tuesday until then, so don't hold your questions until the last minute.

I'll post the selected players on Wednesday, and put together the subforum then!
- The More You Know

Offline Greybender

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2013, 11:12:23 PM »
Can I fluff my mount as my artificial legs and the Battleforged feat as my artificial hands, with my right hand having a [arcane] laser in it?

Offline Childe

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2013, 12:52:22 AM »
Can I fluff my mount as my artificial legs and the Battleforged feat as my artificial hands, with my right hand having a [arcane] laser in it?

I think you may have to now.  :D
- The More You Know

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2013, 06:48:28 PM »
Updated my first post. Summary: "Weird magic-using girl".
Hmm.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2013, 07:08:23 PM »
Summary of mine: Hot-Blooded Robot Martial Artist. :lmao

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2013, 11:43:05 PM »
So against my earlier decision not to create a character, I came up with an idea based on a conversation that occurred over Facebook. The character practically made itself, and I decided I had to play it at some point in some fashion.

However, the part I'm having the most trouble with is part two of the application, "It's like ____ Meets ____." I can't think of any good examples to describe the character. It's kind of a head-scratcher. :/

Maybe it just turned out too seemingly random...

To be honest it was actually just plain silly in concept.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:22:37 AM by VennDygrem »

Offline Greybender

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2013, 12:24:28 AM »
So against my earlier decision not to create a character, I came up with an idea based on a conversation that occurred over Facebook. The character practically made itself, and I decided I had to play it at some point in some fashion.

However, the part I'm having the most trouble with is part two of the application, "It's like ____ Meets ____." I can't think of any good examples to describe the character. It's kind of a head-scratcher. :/

Maybe it just turned out too seemingly random...

To be honest it was actually just plain silly in concept.

I am intrigued, what is so silly that it can't fit into Legend?