Author Topic: The Margravine (to be completed. again !)  (Read 22994 times)

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
The Margravine (to be completed. again !)
« on: November 12, 2011, 10:36:12 AM »
System used : D&D3.5
Character purpose: An Evil organization needs a number 2, someone to organize it in an efficient evil clockwork machine. Skill-monkey extraordinaire and/or utility caster.
Character concept : Noble born [Baronness ? Margravine ? Marquise ? Milady ?], a socialite with many skills, she is the face of the organization/team. Someone should deal with paperwork after all. But she is not a mere accountant : she masters the noble art of spying as well as number-crunshing. She is an Assassin. She knows how to poison you, and can do clever things to your kidneys before leaving unnoticed. But worse of all, she can, and will, eliminate her targets in their DREAMS.
Build I do think the easiest way is straight Factotum 13.
Other possibility : Factotum 8// Chameleon 5. Get some divine & arcane spellcasting, loose some skillpoints.
Pros : allow to get the Lucid Dreaming skill, and thus to possibility to kill through dreams. (Manual of the Plans, page 203).
Cons : a few SLA only. Utilities are mostly from spells, so she will be lacking in this aspect.

Race Symbiotic Human (according to Savage Species). human for the skill, feat and look,  the symbiote will bring her SLA, a boost to attribute. Said symbiot can be, from the mildest to the cheesiest :
- an Unseelie Fey (Dragon Compendium) Greenbound (Lost Empire of Faeruns) Pseudodragon : the templates are there to allow the pseudodragon as a symbiot. Tiny size, as the host is Medium ? check. Unseelie Fey transform the Dragon into a Fey, Greenbound the fey type into a Plant. What I get : Telepathy from pseudodragon, a boost to Int, Wis and Cha from the creature & templates; Fast Healing 3 & Tremorsense from Greenbound, a special ability from the Unseelie Fey.LA total : +1.
- A  Quor-bred greenbound Pixie : not officially legal as a Pixie is Small. Otherwise, larger boosts to Wis, Int & Cha, & Greater Invisibility at will. LA total : +1.
- A Quor-bred greenbound Pixie, the host being an Half-orgre human : completly legal now, as the host is Large, the symbiot Small. LA total : +2.
- a Dungeonbreed Evil Archdragon Unseelie Fey Greenbound Parangon Steel Dragon Wyrmling : full blown cheese.  Dugeonbreed (Dungeonscape) reduce the size of the Small Wyrmling to Tiny ; the Archdragon template (Dragon magazine, it is listed in Crystaldeep compendium) targets Dragons and gives to the Wyrmling Telepathy among other goodies ; Paragon (Epic Level Handbook) gives tremendous stat bonus -+15 to each !!!-, as well add +15 the creature Caster level. Unseelie Fey transforms the Dragon into a Fey, Greenbound the Fey into a Plant.
Thus, this little symbiot can cast as a 16 th Sorcerer, said Sorcerer having access too to Cleric spells?  :smirk That will solve our utility lack among the team, but at the cost of being utterly brocken. LA total : +1.

the character build, with a non-crazy symbiote :
Symbiotic (Quor-bred greenbound pixie) Human.
50 Point buy : Str 10 Dex 16 Con 16 Int 18 Wis 14 Cha 14.
after template : Str 10 Dex 16 Con 16 Int 28 Wis 16 Cha 22.
after level-up : Str 10 Dex 16 Con 16 Int 31 Wis 16 Cha 22.
Factotum 13.
6 Feats.
246 skill points.  Skill maxed : Lucid Dreaming, Spot, Listen, silent Move, Hide, Bluff, Diplomacy, Use Magic Device.
Bab : +9/+4. Fort : +7 Ref : +11 Will : +7.
special : darkvision, low-light vision, tremorsense. Fast Healing 3. Entangle, Greater Invisibility : At will. Protected from divination magic and clairsentience powers by a level check of DC 20+ HD. use Int instead of Cha for SLA.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 03:33:07 PM by Harald »
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Re: lady Dreamkiller (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 02:48:51 PM »
I really like this build, it's awesome (I'm a huge fan of factoti).  The Lucid Dreaming aspect is super.  :D  The qb/gb pixie is a good one to go with.

Can you work up a full character sheet (myth-weavers or one of the forum templates)?  And, start to think about history?  Don't worry about what's going to happen in the campaign, think about where she started and what she's been up to.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 03:06:24 PM »
Of course I will, i've just wanted  first to clear with you the concept before creating a complete sheet.

First thing first : which nobility title should I take ? I need one that sound right & proper for an evil character.
Doctor I do think is right out, sadly.
Milady as in Milady De Winter ?
Baroness as the Baroness in GI Joe ? Though, I prefer how the french "baronne sounds...
Viscountess ?
Marchioness ? as well as Baronness, I'd rather use "Marquise".
Gräfin or Margräverine for a classic german evil ?
or even Fraülein like Frau Farbissina ?
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 03:10:45 PM »
I personally like Margravine or Marchioness, those have a sense of... menace to them, I think.  Countess could work too.

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 05:33:07 PM »
Let's call her ... The Margravine *thunderclap*.
I will edit this post when I'll be done with the character sheet.

EDIT : This is the new, Pathfinder version, all cleared.
I've used the LA buy-back to squeezed in the Winged Creature template. Flight is always nice to have, and the boost to Dex is welcome, as I saw I had troubles to hit. To keep the story whole ( "but of course I 've had wings all allong !"), I suggest the wings are not "real", but made of light or magic stuff, butterfly like. Background wise, I see them as the wings of the Fae ltatooed on her back ; she trained a lot and used special rituals to be able to sprout and use them.
 I axed Manyshot as I don't have yet the BAB to use it efficiently.
Now, I'm better at scouting & trapfinding. As my skills are streamlined, I'm now really a Jack-of-all-trades. I have more Inspiration to toy with, and ways to spend it more efficiently, (especially for in combat buffs), as well the ability to share them with allies. I am sure everyone will love to get a +12 to hit or damage, or their saves, or their AC, or even an additionnal move action, as a free action, in any round. :D
I do even get more flavorful things to do with my bullets. Memory Loss bullets for an assassin is a must, as well as Sleep.  Good bye sentries !:smirk Always on alignement reading is a nice little bonus, though I do not think that will be that useful.
I've changed a bit my armor, to squeeze in the highest maximum Dex bonus with a good metallic armor. I've shamelessly stolen the Confort upgrade : being  always immaculately clean is a must have for a lady.

THE MARGRAVINE
Gender: Female Race Symbiotic (quor-bred/greenbound pixie) Winged Human
Classes Factotum 14 (ECL 14, LA +3 buyed-back)
AlignmentLawful Evil Size Medium  Type Abberation ; Patron Deity To Be Determined.

(Hit points rolled here :
(click to show/hide)

Init +26 = +7 Dex +12 Int + 2 Eager + 5 Warning ; Senses Tremorsense 60 ft., Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Detection : +26.
Darkstalker (feat)
Quick Reconnoiter (feat)
Hide In Plain sight(in shadows) (from Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis)
Languages  : Common, Sylvan. + 17 (Linguistics)+ 12 (Intelligence) = 29 (!!!) Languages known.

HIT POINTS 130HD: 14D8; DR 10/cold iron ; 10/ magic & Slashing
Fort + 8, Ref + 16, Will + 8 CMD 28
+4 to savesagainst Illusions and mind-affecting spells and abilities.
Immune to fear & fear effects.
Freedom of Movement while in her armor.
Fast healing 3.
Cold Resistance 10
Electricity Resistance 10.
Spell Resistance 15+13 =28
Power Resistance 11+13 = 24
Closed Mind: The user of any divination magic or clairsentience powers who target the Margravine must make a level check against a DC 34. Failure on the check means the effect fails.
Hostile Mind (feat) :
Mental Resistance (feat)
Can't manifest any psychic powers.
Flaws :
Feeble -2 to Dexterity, Strengh & Constitution skill checks.
Noncombatant - 2 to hit in melee.

Melee weapon & natural weapon +9/+4/+3 ; light weapon  :   +16/+11/+10
+1 Eager Warning Metalline gauntlets  : 1d3+1 ×2. bludeonning. 1 lb.
slam attack : 1d6.

Ranged ranged weapon
Attack : +18/+18
Full attack+18/+18/+13/+13
using Rapidshot : +16/+16/+16/+16/+11/+11
+1 dragonbone Force Splitting Metalline Airgun [composite longbow] 1d8+1 ×3    110 ft (range increment 20x)    3 lb.    Piercing
Force : ignore all DR, no miss chance against Incorporeal targets.

Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft. (10 ft. w/ reach weapon)
CMB 11 CMD28

Attack Options &special attacks
Disruptive StrikeAn opponent struck by The Margravine's melee attack must succeed on a Fortitude save ( DC 26) or be unable to use spells, spell-like abilites, or psionics for 1 round.
feats granting additional combat options
Weapon Finesse
Point Blank Shot
Knowledge Devotion
Rapid Shot
Precise Shot
Brainstorm
Woodland Archer
Lingering Inspiration
Share Inspiration
Font of Inspiration

Special Actions & special abilities that are not direct attacks
Greater Invisibility (Su) : the Margravine remains invisible even when it attacks. This ability is constant, but she can suppress or resume it as a free action.
Special Arrows Bullets (Su)  When a pixie fires an arrow from any bow, it can decide to change the arrow's properties by sprinkling it with magical pixie dust. Doing so is a free action as long as the pixie is the one who fires the arrow. A pixie can generate a number of uses of dust equal to its Charisma score each day (18 uses per day for the Margravine)—the dust is useless to another creature unless the pixie gives the dust freely. In this case, the pixie chooses what effect the dust will have on an arrow when it is applied, and it takes a standard action to apply the dust to the arrow. Once pixie dust is applied to an arrow, the pixie's chosen effect persists on the arrow for only 1 round. As long as an arrow is altered in this way, it does not inflict damage when it hits—it only causes its new effect. A pixie can choose any one of the following three effects when dusting an arrow. Save DCs are Intelligence-based.
Charm: The target must succeed on a DC 22 Will save or be affected as though by a charm monster spell for 10 minutes.
Memory Loss: The target must succeed on a DC 22 Will save or be affected by a modify memory spell (this effect can only eliminate the previous 5 minutes of memory—a pixie typically uses this ability to make the target forget it encountered the pixie so it won't chase the pixie when he flees).
Sleep: The target must succeed on a DC 22 Will save or fall asleep for 5 minutes.

Spell-Like Abilities
constant : detect chaos, evil, good, law.
1/day—lesser confusion (DC 22),
1/day— dancing lights,
1/day— detect thoughts (DC 23),
1/day— dispel magic (DC 24)
1/day— Wall of thorns
1/day— permanent image (DC 27; visual and auditory elements only) (caster level 8 for all the above)
Entangle @will (DC 22),
Pass without Traces @will,
Speak with plants @will.

Factotum 14 : 6 SLA a day, 1 level 5 ; caster level 14.
All the save DCs are Intelligence-based.

Abilities
Str 12 [+1] ...10 base (+0 racial + 0 level + 2 enhancement + 0 inherent + 0 other)
Dex 24 [+7] ...18 base (+0 racial + 0 level + 2 enhancement + 0 inherent + 0 other)
Con 18 [+4] ...16 base (+0 racial + 0 level + 2 enhancement + 0 inherent + 0 other)
Int 35 [+12] ...18 base (+10 racial + 3 level + 2 enhancement + 0 inherent + 0 other)
Wis 18 [+4] ...12 base (+4 racial + 0 level + 2 enhancement + 0 inherent + 0 other)
Cha 18 [+4] ...10 base (+6 racial + 0 level + 2 enhancement + 0 inherent + 0 other)

Feats
Hostile Mind (feat) (quorbreed bonus feat):Whenever she is subject to a power from the telepathy discipline (regardless of whether the power is harmful or beneficial), the manifester must make a Will saving throw against a DC of 26 or take 2d6 points of damage.
Mental Resistance (feat)(quorbreed bonus feat)Against psionic attacks that do not employ an energy type to deal damage she gains damage reduction 3/-. In addition, when she is hit with ability damage (but not ability drain or ability burn damage) from a psionic attack, she takes 3 points less than she would normally take.
Darkstalker[Lords of Madness](Pixie Bonus Feat) Creatures with Blindsense, Scent, Tremorsense or Blindsight must use Spot & Listen to detect the Margravine.
Point Blank Shot(pxie bonus feat) You get a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at ranges of up to 30 feet.
Knowledge Devotion[Complete Champion](human bonus feat) through a knowledge check, receive an insight bonus to hit and damage against a creature for the whole combat.
Rapid Shot(1rst level, flaw 1)You can get one extra attack per round with a ranged weapon. The attack is at your highest base attack bonus, but each attack you make in that round (the extra one and the normal ones) takes a -2 penalty. You must use the full attack action to use this feat.
Precise Shot(1rst level, flaw 2)You can shoot or throw ranged weapons at an opponent engaged in melee without taking the standard -4 penalty on your attack roll.
Quick Reconnoiter[Complete Adventurer] (1rst level)You can make one Spot check and one Listen check each round as a Free Action.
Darkstalker[Lords of Madness](3rd level) Creatures with Blindsense, Scent, Tremorsense or Blindsight must use Spot & Listen to detect the Margravine.
Enduring Inspiration [SirPercival's homebrew] (3th level): Whenever you activate one of the following abilities, you can spend 2 additional inspiration points to make the benefit last for a number of rounds equal to your Intelligence modifier: Cunning Insight, Cunning Knowledge, Cunning Defense, Cunning Strike, Cunning Breach.
Font of Inspiration [SirPercival's homebrew] (5th level): You gain 1 point of inspiration for each other Inspiration feat you have.
Brainstorm [SirPercival's homebrew] (7th level): A number of times per day equal to your Intelligence modifier, you can spend a full-round action to recover a number of inspiration points equal to 1/3 of your factotum level, rounded down.  Your inspiration point total can never go above the amount you are granted at the beginning of an encounter with this ability.
Woodland Archer [Races of the Wild] (th level): tactical feat, with 3 options : one improving volleys, the second allowing to ignore concealment, the last help to hide while sniping.
Shared Insight [The Demented One's homebrew] (11th level):You can apply the effects of your cunning insight, cunning knowledge, cunning defense, cunning strike, cunning surge, cunning breach, cunning doge, or cunning brilliance class feature to an ally within 30 ft. of you, rather than yourself. You must still spend inspiration points as normal. Your Intelligence score, not the ally’s, is still used if the class feature is based on it.
Cunning Master [The Demented One's homebrew] (13th level): Whenever you would make an attack roll, skill check, or saving through, you may instead spend 4 inspiration points. If you do, then you are treated as though you had rolled a natural 20.

Racial Traits
 - favored class : Factotum ( +1 Skill point/level)
 - +2 to Int.
 - bonus feat
- +1 skill points each level, +4 first level.

Pathfinder Traits
Finding haleen (in the Margravine case, it's  more "Training from Hell and back") : The class you chose at 1st level is always a favored class to you, and your dedication to it is such that every time you take a level in the class, you gain +1 hit point and 1 additional skill point over and above what you would normally gain.
Extremely Fashionable Whenever you are wearing clothing and/or jewelry worth at least 150 gp (and not otherwise covered in gore, sewage, or other things that mar your overall look), you gain a +1 trait bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks. One of these skills (your choice) is a class skill for you.

Factotum Abilities
- Inspiration : 16/encounter  (7 inspiration points/encounter+ 5 Inspiration feats + 4 FoI). 100 inspiration points from Elixir of Inspiration. 0 used.
- Trapfinding : as a rogue.
- Cunning Insight : before an attack roll, damage roll or saving throw, can spend 1 Inspiration point to receive her Intelligence modifier to the roll. No action.
- Cunning Knowledge : 1 inspiration point to receive her factotum level in a skill check where she has at least one rank. No action.
- Brain Over Brawn : add her Intelligence modifier to Strength & Dexterity based skill checks, as well Strength & Dexterity Checks (thus to Initiative).
- Cunning Defense : spend 1 inspiration point to receive Intelligence modifier as Dodge bonus to AC.
- Cunning Strike : spend 1 inspiration point to receive 1D6 Sneak Attack.
- Opportunistic Piety (6 uses) : heal 2x14+12= 40 hp, or Turn undead.
- Arcane Dilettante : the Factotum SLA's.
- Cunning Surge : by spending 3 Inspiration points, can take an extra standard action.
- Cunning Breach : by spending 2 Inspiration points, can ignore SR & DR of a single target for 1 round.
- Cunning Dodge : once per day, can spend 4 inspiration points to cancel damage that send her under 0 hp.

Skills
the +3 everywhere is from the Pathfinder rules, from the 1rst rank in a class skill.
+19 Acrobatics = (5 ranks + 7 Dex +12 intelligence - 2 Feeble +3)
+16 Appraise = (1 rank+12 Intelligence +3)
+24 Autohypnosis = (17 ranks +4 Wisdom +3)
+24 Bluff = (17 ranks +4 Charisma +3)
+15 Climb = (1 rank + 1 Strenght +12 intelligence - 2 Feeble +3)
+25 Craft (Horloger) = (10 ranks+ 12 Intelligence +3)
+26 Diplomacy = (17 ranks +4 Charisma +3 +2 Masterwork tools)
+34 Disable Device = (17 ranks + 12 Intelligence +3 +2 Masterwork Thieve's tools)
+10  Disguise = (1 rank +4 charisma +3 +2 Masterwork tools)
+21 Escape Artist = (1 ranks + 7 dexterity + 12 Intelligence - 2 Feeble +3)
+37 Fly = (17 ranks + 7 dexterity + 12 Intelligence - 2 Feeble +3)
+ 8 Handle Animals = (1 ranks +4 Charisma +3)
+ 8  Heal= (1 rank +4 Wisdom +3)
+24 Intimidate= (17 ranks+ 4 Charisma + 3)
+20 Knowledge (Arcana) = (5 ranks+10 Intelligence +3)
+20 Knowledge (Dungeoneering) = (5 ranks+10 Intelligence +3)
+20 Knowledge (Engineering) = (5 ranks+10 Intelligence +3)
+20 Knowledge (Geography) = (5 ranks+10 Intelligence +3)
+20 Knowledge (History) = (5 ranks+10 Intelligence +3)
+20 Knowledge (Local) = (5 ranks+12 Intelligence +3)
+20 Knowledge (Nature) = (5 ranks+12 Intelligence +3)
+20 Knowledge ( Planes) = (5 ranks+12 Intelligence +3)
+20 Knowledge (Religion) = (5 ranks+12 Intelligence +3)
+25 Knowledge (Royalty & Nobility) = (10 ranks+12 Intelligence +3)
+32 Linguistics = (17 ranks+12 Intelligence +3)
+26 Lucid Dreaming = (17 ranks + 4 Wisdom + 2 mastercrafted tools +3)
+26 Perception = (17 ranks + 4 Wisdom+ 2 racial +3)
+8 Perform (Chords) = (1 ranks+ 4 Charisma +3)
+8 Perform (Keys) = (1 ranks+ 4 Charisma +3)
+8 Perform (Singing) = (1 ranks+ 4 Charisma +3)
+8 Perform (Dancing) = (1 ranks+ 4 Charisma +3)
+8 Perform (Acting) = (1 ranks+ 4 Charisma +3 )
+23 Ride = (5 rank+ 7 Dexterity + 10 Intelligence - 2 feeble +3 )
+24 Sense Motive = (17 ranks +4 Wisdom +3)
+25 Sleight of Hand = (5 rank+ 7 Dexterity + 12 Intelligence - 2 feeble +3)
+32 Spellcraft = (17 rank + 12 Intelligence +3)
+37 Stealth = (17 ranks + 7 dexterity +12 intelligence - 2 Feeble +3) ( +16 racial in forests)
+24  Survival = (17 ranks+4 Wisdom +3)
+15  Swim = (1 ranks +1 Strenght + 12 Intelligence - 2 Feeble +3)
+24 Use Magic Device = (17 ranks+ 4 Charisma +3 )

Skill Tricks
Collector of Stories +5 Knowledge to identify monsters.
Listen to This ! Repeat perfectly what she recently heard
Twisted Charge Make one direction change during a charge
Conceal Spellcasting Conceal your spellcasting from onlookers
False Theurgy Your spell appears to be another spell of the same level

Wealth 496 gold; Carrying Capacity 33 lbs (33/66/100/200/500)

Standard Equipment Array
 Head      - Hat of Disguise (0 lbs, 1800 gold)
 Eyes      - monocle of Object reading (0 lbs, 4500 gold) ( changed slot from the original gloves in the MIC)
 Throat    - Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis(1 lbs, 22000 gold) (Tome of Magic, continuous version)
 Body      -  +1 gloryborn  Freedom Glammered  Mithral  Kikko armor of Comfort (+5+1 =+6 AC ; Max Dex+8;  ACP 0; Spell Failure Chance 10% .(12 lbs, 37980 gold)
 Waist     -  Belt of Magnificence +2 (1 lbs, 25000 gold)
 Hands     - +1 Eager Warning Metalline Gauntlets(1 lb, 10152 gold)

Melee Weapon  - +1 Eager adamantine Gauntlets(1 lb, 4102 gold)
Melee Weapon  - Rapier ( 2 lb, 20 gold)
Shield    - +1 Animated Darkwood shield (5 lbs, 5257 gold)
Ranged Weapon - +1 dragonbone Force Splitting Metalline composite longbow ( 3 lbs, 36500 gold)
Quiver  - Bandolier of Elhonna(2 lbs, 1800 gold) (full of 800 bullets, 40 gold)(

Unslotted Items
 - Handy Haversack(5 lbs, 2 500 gold)

Possessions
Backpack (5 lbs total, gold : total 1395 gp):
- bedroll
- Tent
- Fish hoock
- Inkpen & Ink.
- 3 parchment sheets
- Iron pot
- 2 weeks of everlasting rations
- Soap
- Waterskin
- 1 Mirror
- 1 rope (silk)
- 2 noble outfits with jewels
- 1 cold weather outfit
- 1 traveler outfit.
- masterwork thieve's tools
- artisan (poisonmaker) masterwork tools.
- Disguise kit
- Masterwork tool : Diplomacy, Disguise, lucid dreaming.
- Heartfire cubes
- silent portal disk
- 2 vials of Universal Solvent.

Belt Pouch (2 lbs total):
- Caltrops
- Signal whistle
- Signet ring
- Chalk
- Spy glass
-Crystal Arc of Reverie : the Arc can be activated or deactivated as a free action with an act of will, and can be active for a total of 10 minutes per day, broken up how the wielder desires into 1-round increments.  While active, the Arc projects a Planar Bubble effect to a radius of 20 feet; the bubble emulates the environment of the Dreamheart.  This allows a wielder with ranks in the Lucid Dreaming skill to affect the local environment identically to the Dreamheart, as well as subjecting any creatures in the radius to the normal effects of the Dreamheart.

Possession Not on Person
Elixir of Inspiration (drank) : +100 pts of Inspiration. These are not recovered at the beginning of each encounter, but disappear permanently when used.  The points last until they are used.

Wish List
- belt of Magnificience +4 then +6
- Tomes, in order : Intelligence, Constitution, Dexterity, Wisdom or Strenght or Charisma.
- ring of Evasion
- ring of Blink
- Vest of Resistance.
- improved armor & weapon

Moïra-Nyx d'Oneiroy, Margravine Von Töt Zu Altraum, Marquise De Cauchemar.[/i]

Size category Medium , 1,75 meter tall, 54 kg, 32 yrs old
Hair color black. Usually wear a powdered white wig.
eyes color blue.
skin tone fair.
general aspect
(click to show/hide)

Background

It was an... interesting time, to say the least. It was the end of the 8th century in the Old World, bloody and violent, among famines and wars. The Enlightenment did bring many progress through new technologies and spells; but it did sow seeds of unrest among the crowds, and after very cold winters and poor harvests, as well as many excesses from the aristocracy, the Northumbrian Revolution blew out.
Moïra-Nyx Hécate Apatée d'Oneiroy was the last born 32 ago in her familial manor, from an old noble lineage of Nothumbria. The D'Oneiroy were Nobles of the Sword, impoverished but respected. Moïra's father was the captain of a cavalry regiment, and personal guard of Northumbra Foreign Minister, the bishop  Rupert De Diablerand.
It was he who discovered the young Moïra precotious intelligence and abilities, and trained her to serve Northumbria... not as a soldier, but as a diplomat, an assassin and a spy. She followed Diablerand in embassies, gathering informations, ploting coups, killing or discreditating opponents. She was ruthless, efficient, her crimes fuelled by her stubborn loyalty to her country.
She hunted Albingean spies, gained a Margravine title through a very short wedding,  infiltrated a seditious necromantic conspiracy against the crown and discovered what killed the Beast of Gelvo'dan. She failed though to protect the queen from the Dwarven Jewels scandal, and triggered a cold naval war between her nation and the Elven colonies when her master was too greedy with his bribes -in what is known as the ABC scandal-.
At first, she managed to survive the beginning of the Revolution without troubles, but when she failed to quel the Chouan revolt, and nobles started to be decimated during the Terror, she fled with Diablerand in an four year"Embassy" by sea to Ind and Cathay, where they managed to steal dragon eggs. They came back in Northumbria hailed as heroes, discovering that an obscure artillery lieutnant managed to rise as Emperor, overthrowing the young Republic. Opportunistic as usual, Diablerand pledge his fealty to Franz the First, Emperor of Northumbria; Moïra did the same to serve Northumbria again in the direst of time : Her country was at war against the whole Old World.
The Emperor was perhaps a blood-thirsty charismatic megalomaniac, and a genius on the battlefield. Though, he might have been less successful without his political chancellor, and the Margravine, His spy-mistress. Misinformation, propaganda, targeted assassinations and sabotage : her personnal shadow war was excruciating, bloody, but at least successful.
'Alas, Diablerand died of gout days before the Emperor's crowning as sovereign of the whole Old World, and the Emperor was assassinated by Northumbrian royalists. The new king declared Moïra a traitor to the crown and sent assassins to eliminate her. She escaped barely with her live.
Deeply wounded by this treason, she unleashed her wrath. The King's minions and mistresses started to die. Diplomatic secret files disappeared, and were publicly send to foreign courts; last but not least, she stole Northumbria crown jewels, and stabbed the king's pillow with a dagger, in his sleep, leaving this message.
"One night, in your dreams, you will see me. I will come and plunge this in your heart. Know that your Majesty has been sentenced to death, and your execution may happen at any time. Soon..."
Two night laters, she was on the deck of a frigate sailing to the New World, leaving her dear country forever. She won't kill the King... yet. Just to let him live in terror of her return. Under the moon light, she threw one by one the crown jewels in the sea.

She hoped that the small bag of gold and jewels will be enough for her new life...

Personality
She can be charming, a perfect host. But behind the mask, you have a brillant mind, forged to deceit.
Her sharp wit is equaled only by her curiosity on all subjects : she reads a lot, and is a woman of Reason. She fits her familial motto to a T : exitus acta probat.  The end justifies the means.
Ever vigilant, somehow arrogant, coldly calculating, she values strict order and loyalty. Noblesse Oblige, she is true to her word, if you manage to obtain it, as she is cautious with her promises. However, she  has no compassion for those on her way and kill without qualms if doing so is convenient. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 04:59:35 AM by Harald »
-RAMMING SPEED !

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 09:24:06 AM »
character sheet is almost over, I only need to complete the skills here, and determine what items she has.
2 questions by the way :
- do we have already a secret base or equivalent ? I'm ready to keep a large part of my WBL to get us a nice base, using the Stronghold Builder's guide. A nice flying or teleporting tower should be cool ^^.
- Are flaws ok ? as well, I've taken a feat from Pathfinder, the archer power attack basically. Tell me if you don't like it, i'll swap it.. perhaps with Master of Poisons From Drows of the Underdark.

I am now working on the Margravine's background.
I've got already her name, though : Moïra-Nyx d'Oneiroy, Margravine Von Töt Zu Altraum, Marquise De Cauchemar. "business" nickname : The Margravine, the Dream Killer.
-RAMMING SPEED !

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 09:37:29 AM »
You will be defending a certain place which is already in existence, so go ahead and equip normally.  Flaws and feat choices as above are fine.

Love the name.

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 12:57:04 PM »

The feast was at its finest, but the Count Van Rijbeek was very tired. He has not slept well this night, the hunting party today was excruciating, and he ate and drank a bit too much at the diner... But the Earl of Suitton did bring a bottle of his favorite sherry, and there were of courses many toasts to celebrate his promotion as the King's Lord Admiral.
His guests were not at all upset by his early departure. After all, as the Duke of 'S-Herzogenblörtch said, the Count did save them during the hunt, when the party was attacked by a feral dire bear and her cubes. After such a swordmanship display and wild battle, it wasn't surprising that Van Rijbeek needed some sleep.
So, after a last salute, followed by the cheers of his officers and hosts, he climbed the marble stairs of his castle, for a well deserved rest. His guards were sharp and alert, even those guarding his bedroom ; there were rumors that Nothumbria might declare war soon, and those traitorous scum were not above trying assassinate him.
"Let them try.." he whispers, as he puts on his sleeping gown, that his court wizard has enchanted to protect him as well as a good field plate. The defense glyphs were activated, and knowing that he was safe, the Count Van Rijbeek fall quickly asleep.

Meanwhile, in his ball room, guests were now dancing, a few of them gossiping quietly in confy chairs.
"Oh, do you see ? It's looks like the Marquise has fallen asleep.
- Yes indeed. Poor thing, that's quite understandable, after that's hideous beast attack this morning... She defends herself quite bravely against that bear.
- yes. I wonder where did she learn to wield so well the rapier.
- Me too. Oh. How scandalous ! Do you see that ? it seems the young Rupert is trying to court Lady Magdelana.
- that's outrageous !

The count was deeply asleep, already dreaming. He was seeing sea battles of old, mates and marines that died at his side, ghosts of a glorious bloody past sailing at his side on a dark silent sea.
What was that ? A thick smog started to cover everything, as an eerie music started to play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYuAGG4qjBU
Suddenly, he saw a silhouette in the fog. Was he ...? the Emperor of Nothumbria, in full regalia ? and he was speaking !
"My ennemies are many. My equals are none.
behind him, the fog changed, showing a Northumbria army marching near one of their ballista batteries, in the lost Duchy of Hetalia.
"In the shades of olive trees, they said that Hetalia could never be conquered.
an artillery shot ravaged the ballista and its crew.
An other change, the forgotten deserts of Faegypt. The count felt the heat and the wind full of sand on his skin. Northumbrian crossbowmen against desert raiders.
In the land of temples and kings, they said that Faegypt could never humbled.
with a swift blow from his bayonet, a crossbowmen killed a raider.
By the gods, will this bloodthirsty tyran boast about all his conquests ? The kingdom of Albingea will never fail ! He will protect his country from this Emperor !
It was suddenly snowing, and the Count shivered from cold. Kushia, the bloodbath of Borstock...
In the realm of forests and snow, they said Kushia could never be tamed.
a crossbow volley, the Emperor himself ordering his troops to be more accurate.
an other change. It was an heavy storm, and the Count was feeling the rain on his skin. What a strange dream...
Now, they say nothing. They fear me, like a Force of Nature, a dealer in Thunder and Death.
What was happening ? the Emperor was holding him now ! The Count was trying to free himself, but he was hold in an iron grip.
I say, I am Franz of Northumbria. I am Emperor. Burn him !
The count was thrown suddenly on his ship. His dear "Victory." For God's sake, what ?
He was screaming. he saw northumbrian ghost soldiers launching burning torchs on his ship, who was drifting away. the Emperor was standing, on a large cliff, just above a milestone pointing to Hetalia.
the Victory was drifting on a sea of chaos and fire, burning. Deafen, badly burned both by fire and cold, his flesh melting in these acidic atmosphere, the Count was struggling ! It was a nightmare, he must awake, he must... !
An arrow hit hard in his chest, followed by two others, one lodging in his neck. gurgling blood, chocking,
the Count Van Rijbeek very soon died, still kicking.

The Emperor fades, now looking like a severe noblewoman in a black uniform, looking her target agonizing and disapearing in the turmoils of the Heart of Dreams. he had a strong will, and was stount. A good opponent. But it was futile.

The Margravine opened her eyes.
"My lady, did you rest well ?
- yes, Lord Rupert. I am sorry, I do felt asleep.
- After such an eventful day, It is not so surprizing. You should go rest, My Lady.
- i can not My Lord. I did promise you a dance tonight. Shall we ?" with an impish smile.
- Err... Of course, My lady."

She was awake and dancing when Countess Van Rijbeek found her husband dead in his bed, having passed away calmly in his sleep. His guards have detected nothing, the court wizard will find no poison, and the high priest will be unable to ressurect him, the Count soul forfeit. Even if she is somehow suspected -how unlikely !-, she was seen during all the very evening in the ball room. The perfect alibi, just as planned.

Whitout the Count, Albingea's fleet will be unable to stop Northumbia invasion. Her mission was accomplished whitout a glitch, as usual.
She should receive the last half of her pay tomorrow...

(click to show/hide)
-RAMMING SPEED !

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 10:04:19 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Moïra-Nyx d'Oneiroy, Margravine Von Töt Zu Altraum, Marquise De Cauchemar.[/i]

Size category Medium , 1,75 meter tall, 54 kg, 32 yrs old
Hair color black. Usually wear a powdered white wig.
eyes color blue.
skin tone fair.
general aspect (temporary, I will draw her myself later)

languages : Common, Sylvan, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Draconic, Dwarven, Celestial, Infernal, 3 more to be selected.

Background

It was an... interesting time, to say the least. It was the end of the 8th century in the Old World, bloody and violent, among famines and wars. The Enlightenment did bring many progress through new technologies and spells; but it did sow seeds of unrest among the crowds, and after very cold winters and poor harvests, as well as many excesses from the aristocracy, the Northumbrian Revolution blew out.
Moïra-Nyx Hécate Apatée d'Oneiroy was the last born 32 ago in her familial manor, from an old noble lineage of Nothumbria. The D'Oneiroy were Nobles of the Sword, impoverished but respected. Moïra's father was the captain of a cavalry regiment, and personal guard of Northumbra Foreign Minister, the bishop  Rupert De Diablerand.
It was he who discovered the young Moïra precotious intelligence and abilities, and trained her to serve Northumbria... not as a soldier, but as a diplomat, an assassin and a spy. She followed Diablerand in embassies, gathering informations, ploting coups, killing or discreditating opponents. She was ruthless, efficient, her crimes fuelled by her stubborn loyalty to her country.
She hunted Albingean spies, gained a Margravine title through a very short wedding,  infiltrated a seditious necromantic conspiracy against the crown and discovered what killed the Beast of Gelvo'dan. She failed though to protect the queen from the Dwarven Jewels scandal, and triggered a cold naval war between her nation and the Elven colonies when her master was too greedy with his bribes -in what is known as the ABC scandal-.
At first, she managed to survive the beginning of the Revolution without troubles, but when she failed to quel the Chouan revolt, and nobles started to be decimated during the Terror, she fled with Diablerand in an four year"Embassy" by sea to Ind and Cathay, where they managed to steal dragon eggs. They came back in Northumbria hailed as heroes, discovering that an obscure artillery lieutnant managed to rise as Emperor, overthrowing the young Republic. Opportunistic as usual, Diablerand pledge his fealty to Franz the First, Emperor of Northumbria; Moïra did the same to serve Northumbria again in the direst of time : Her country was at war against the whole Old World.
The Emperor was perhaps a blood-thirsty charismatic megalomaniac, and a genius on the battlefield. Though, he might have been less successful without his political chancellor, and the Margravine, His spy-mistress. Misinformation, propaganda, targeted assassinations and sabotage : her personnal shadow war was excruciating, bloody, but at least successful.
'Alas, Diablerand died of gout days before the Emperor's crowning as sovereign of the whole Old World, and the Emperor was assassinated by Northumbrian royalists. The new king declared Moïra a traitor to the crown and sent assassins to eliminate her. She escaped barely with her live.
Deeply wounded by this treason, she unleashed her wrath. The King's minions and mistresses started to die. Diplomatic secret files disappeared, and were publicly send to foreign courts; last but not least, she stole Northumbria crown jewels, and stabbed the king's pillow with a dagger, in his sleep, leaving this message.
"One night, in your dreams, you will see me. I will come and plunge this in your heart. Know that your Majesty has been sentenced to death, and your execution may happen at any time. Soon..."
Two night laters, she was on the deck of a frigate sailing to the New World, leaving her dear country forever. She won't kill the King... yet. Just to let him live in terror of her return. Under the moon light, she threw one by one the crown jewels in the sea.

She hoped that the small bag of gold and jewels will be enough for her new life...

Personality
She can be charming, a perfect host. But behind the mask, you have a brillant mind, forged to deceit.
Her sharp wit is equaled only by her curiosity on all subjects : she reads a lot, and is a woman of Reason. She fits her familial motto to a T : exitus acta probat.  The end justifies the means.
Ever vigilant, somehow arrogant, coldly calculating, she values strict order and loyalty. Noblesse Oblige, she is true to her word, if you manage to obtain it, as she is cautious with her promises. However, she  has no compassion for those on her way and kill without qualms if doing so is convenient. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 12:41:50 PM by Harald »
-RAMMING SPEED !

Offline Tshern

• The Clown Prince of Crime
  • DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 06:29:33 PM »
I wonder if you could stick in Mindsight since you have telepathy?
Pian unohtuu aika ja tila
Ja nahkapeitto ja syyllisyys
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 03:22:11 AM »
Currently, I don't have any Telepathy. I'm pondering to swap to Factotum 12- Mindbende 1, or get that Mindbender level in game, and Mindsight at level 15.
-RAMMING SPEED !

Offline Tshern

• The Clown Prince of Crime
  • DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 06:35:25 AM »
Oh, I just thought you did when I saw the pseudadragon mentioned. Alright, never mind.
Pian unohtuu aika ja tila
Ja nahkapeitto ja syyllisyys
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 08:41:18 AM »
When working on the background make sure you include what she's been up to recently (basically, bring me up to speed on where she is currently).

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 12:56:32 PM »
background updated.  The Margravine will be from a 1790-1800's "european" background.
I hope it will be ok and interesting enough.

Though, I do have a stylistic request, as I've seen we will integer a Sith with a lightsaber among us :
I feel really strange seeing a Napoeleonic period assassin with a bow.  I do not want to introduce black powder in a medieval setting either, and where will she find blackpowder anyway ?

So, instead of a gun, is it possible for the Margravine to use an Airgun ?
It was a weapon available in that era, used by Austrian sharpshooters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girandoni_Air_Rifle
To find only bullets- hell, using only arrowheads or quarrels- is far easier, won't allow black powder shenanigans. I don't mind to have a limited autonomy like the true rifle : the same stats as a dragonbone composite longbow, which can only shoot 30 times in a row, before needing to spent a lot of actions to reload his air reservoir.
-RAMMING SPEED !

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 01:00:12 PM »
Air rifle works perfectly.  Go for it!

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 01:27:44 PM »
Ok. Is the background ok ? Details to be added ?

I'm gonna work on her portrait now.

I have kept some money in spare : I can buy a few wands for the team if needed.
-RAMMING SPEED !

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: The Margravine (almost complete)
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 01:45:30 PM »
Background is great.  So she's currently on a ship, sailing to a new place?

Get what wands you want, don't worry about leaving extra money (unless you really want to).

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 01:57:44 PM »
Indeed, she is sailing to the equivalent of the US, as a passenger on merchant ship. As for gold,  it is useful to always have some cash on hands for emergencies/opportunities. But I'll see if I can add a few goodies.
-RAMMING SPEED !

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 02:03:27 PM »
How much experience does she have with monsters other than dragons?

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 02:36:44 PM »
Hum. In her world, not much. I see her origin world much like the one of Temeraire with a little bit of magic, thanks to the feys, some elves & dwarves...
BUT. she is a dreamwalker. she has encountered things there, in the Plane of Dreams, through the fey dreams, or the Dragon dreams....
-RAMMING SPEED !