Author Topic: Best Touch Spells  (Read 2065 times)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Best Touch Spells
« on: July 01, 2016, 05:46:06 AM »
What are they?

The question is in regards to a build I've been thinking about today. It's pretty stupid, but I got really interested in making a Ray specialized caster but by not using Ray spells, but Touch spells enhanced with the Reach Spell Metamagic and a MM reduction or two to make it free to apply. Maybe some help with the actual build could be helpful too? If there is room enough to get a bit more Gishy with it, the 30ft range of Reach Spell could open up a little Sneak Attack abuse too if we're just casually mixing these things.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
Re: Best Touch Spells
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 09:32:32 AM »
Storm Touch and Scalding Touch are crazy good unless you use homebrew errata to prevent them from just letting you deliver all the touch attacks at once as part of the casting.  Mummify is a save-and-damage-or-die.  Choking Sands can at the least force a foe to lose actions, and at best kill him outright.  Shivering Touch ('nuff said), Combust is good for a 2nd lv spell, Greater Bestow Curse, Plane Shift (why not send your foe to the quasi-elemental plane of vacuum or the positive energy plane?), Heal against undead, Harm against the living.  I've probably missed quite a few other good ones, but I think this is a decent start.
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 04:05:56 PM »
Ocular Spell metamagic feat from LoM, is a classic add on.
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 05:56:53 PM »
Storm Touch and Scalding Touch are crazy good unless you use homebrew errata to prevent them from just letting you deliver all the touch attacks at once as part of the casting.  Mummify is a save-and-damage-or-die.  Choking Sands can at the least force a foe to lose actions, and at best kill him outright.  Shivering Touch ('nuff said), Combust is good for a 2nd lv spell, Greater Bestow Curse, Plane Shift (why not send your foe to the quasi-elemental plane of vacuum or the positive energy plane?), Heal against undead, Harm against the living.  I've probably missed quite a few other good ones, but I think this is a decent start.

Very good start indeed, thank you!

Ocular Spell metamagic feat from LoM, is a classic add on.

Oh? So Touch spells are legal with this? I never realized that, awesome  :lmao