Author Topic: Full Attack Action: Extra Attacks?  (Read 10189 times)

Offline Sinfire Titan

• Hustler 3
  • Retired Admin
  • You have one round to give a rat's ass.
    • View Profile
Full Attack Action: Extra Attacks?
« on: August 28, 2013, 03:29:32 PM »
How many sources of extra attacks on full attack actions are there? Please specify if they stack with the Speed enhancement or not.

Just a note: I'm specifically looking for abilities worded like "When you take a full attack action..." or similar wording like Snap Kick.

• Speed enhancement/Haste spell/Boots of Speed
  • Slashing Flurry
  • Eagle's Fury
  • Snap Kick
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 03:31:16 PM by Sinfire Titan »
Concerned about how moderation works here? Please PM this account.

Offline ksbsnowowl

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Warrior Skald, teller of tales.
    • View Profile
Re: Full Attack Action: Extra Attacks?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 03:45:55 PM »
There are a few high-level initiator maneuvers (Raging Mongoose, I think is one) that give you extra attacks.

Splitting weapon enhancement, though it is ranged only.

Offline Ithamar

• I'm not new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 04:26:59 PM »
Frenzy of course and should stack with Speed / Haste.

Edit:  Oh, and Valiant Fury spell, which specifically does not stack with Haste.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 04:28:12 PM »
Righteous Wrath of the Faithful (Spell Compendium) gives you an extra attack, but doesn't stack with Haste/Speed.
Please send private messages regarding board matters to Forum Staff instead.

Offline Yirrare

• Vano Runca - Best NPC name ever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 04:42:48 PM »
Braid Blade does that, does it not? I do not have Dungeon magazine, so I'm going strictly of this "crystal keep" (Pro-tip: page 12).
Primal scream, obtained at Wildrunner 2 (≈ECL 7) gives you an extra bite attack.
(click to show/hide)

Girallon's Blessing does not have the exact line you asked for, but I'll leave it here anyway.

Hope any of those helped.

Best Regards
Yirrare

Offline Lycanshee

• !wen m'I
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 04:49:13 PM »
Bracers of the Blinding Strike from the MIC allow you to make an extra attack 3/day as long as you are taking the full attack action. Doesn't stack with anything else that grants an extra attack kn the full attack.

10th level ability of Dervish PRC.

Sakkratar's Triple Strike Spell - Doesn't stack with speed or haste but provides two extra attacks on next full attack. Targets multiple creatures too.

I know there's a maneuver, from Desert Wind I think that does but I can't remember the name.

Offline Ithamar

• I'm not new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 05:02:15 PM »
Flashing Sun is the manuever, I believe.

Offline ksbsnowowl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 05:42:29 PM »
Flashing Sun is the manuever, I believe.
Yes.  It is basically flurry.  Extra attack at highest BAB, but all attacks take -2.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 05:48:08 PM »
Including the above and my additions...
1. Base Class based: Barbarian's Whirling Frenzy, Monk's Furry of Blows, Paladin's Lion Legionnaire.
2. PrC based: Shou Disciple's Martial Flurry, Exotic Weapon Master's Flurry of Strikes, Frostrager's One-Two Punch.
3. Feat based: (G/I)TWF, (Greater) Rapid Strike, Snap Kick, Slashing Flurry, Eagle's Fury, Lightning Fists, Planar Touchstone[Oxyrhynchus].
4. Enhancement based: Haste, Bracers of Blinding Strike, Speed, Valiant Fury, Righteous Wrath of the Faithful, Sakkratar's Triple Strike Spell.
5. Maneuvers: Dancing Mongoose, Raging Mongoose, Flashing Sun, Time Stands Still.
6. Uniques: Feat:Deepspawn, Enhance:Splitting, Weapon:Ghost Marble(?), Weapon:Fukia-mouthdartsomethingerish, Master Thrower's Double Toss.

You can also simply look into picking up Natural Weapons.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 05:52:53 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline ksbsnowowl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 06:02:48 PM »
Weapon:Fukia-mouthdartsomethingerish,
Fukimi-bari, IIRC.

Also, the Mithril Tornado (4th) and the higher level similar maneuver (Adamantine Hurricane?) from Iron Heart sort of give you extra attacks, insofar as they give you what is basically Whirlwind Attack (or WwA x2).

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 08:01:05 PM »
Avalanche of Blades? Attack until you miss... That's possibly many more attacks than on a normal full attack. Maybe. Really, it depends how high you can get your attack bonus, and how low the opponent AC is... With some way of getting all attacks to be Touch Attacks, that's... Well, possibly quite many.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Sinfire Titan

• Hustler 3
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 09:18:33 PM »
The entire idea was to use Time Stands Still+Eternal Blade to get 3 Full Attacks off and then add a shitton of extra attacks on top of each full attack. Hence why I specified full attack action-compatible (the maneuver and class feature both state that you take a full attack action).

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 09:53:38 PM »
Avalanche of Blades? Attack until you miss... That's possibly many more attacks than on a normal full attack. Maybe. Really, it depends how high you can get your attack bonus, and how low the opponent AC is... With some way of getting all attacks to be Touch Attacks, that's... Well, possibly quite many.

What's fun is using Avalanche of Blades + the Combat Rhythm part of Stormguard Warrior to make a boatload of touch attacks one round, then the next round do Time Stands Still for a two rounds worth of Full Attacks that all do stupid damage.  Somewhat lowish-op, but fun. 
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline Sinfire Titan

• Hustler 3
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 08:04:22 AM »

What's fun is using Avalanche of Blades + the Combat Rhythm part of Stormguard Warrior to make a boatload of touch attacks one round, then the next round do Time Stands Still for a two rounds worth of Full Attacks that all do stupid damage.  Somewhat lowish-op, but fun.

I know about that. I've used that to get 1200 damage before.

Offline Bard

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Medium sized Lemure
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 08:35:44 AM »
Eagle's Fury feat from sandstorm gives you an extra attack if you dual wield Eagle Claws and are proficient with them (goes well with exotic weapon master for another attack :D).
Plus they're nice weapons anyway (Light weapon, 1d6, 18-20/x2, both slashing and piercing damage)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:43:55 AM by Bard »
"Playing the first 6 levels in D&D is like watching the story intro at the beginning of an action/disaster movie: it's boring and the shorter it is, the better."

Offline Argent Fatalis

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Nature, red in tooth and claw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 09:23:28 AM »
Lion Legionnaire Paladin ACF gives "Wild Fighting" which the Paladin may activate as a free action during a full-attack action. The result is one additional attack with any one melee weapon for 1 round, but all attacks made have a -2 penalty to the attack roll. The legionnaire can use this ability 3 + Charisma modifier times per day.

Its not much, but its an interesting feature all the same seeing as it will stack with any other ability that grants bonus attacks.

Offline Sinfire Titan

• Hustler 3
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 10:27:27 AM »
Lion Legionnaire Paladin ACF gives "Wild Fighting" which the Paladin may activate as a free action during a full-attack action. The result is one additional attack with any one melee weapon for 1 round, but all attacks made have a -2 penalty to the attack roll. The legionnaire can use this ability 3 + Charisma modifier times per day.

Its not much, but its an interesting feature all the same seeing as it will stack with any other ability that grants bonus attacks.

Source please?

Offline ksbsnowowl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 10:36:32 AM »
Don't have my books to check, but that sounds like the sort of thing to come out of Champions of Valor.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 11:18:04 AM »
It is Champions of Valor, also already listed it.  :cool

Offline Argent Fatalis

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Nature, red in tooth and claw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 11:38:42 AM »
It is Champions of Valor, also already listed it.  :cool

Smug son of a...

Yeah, I botched that, he did have it listed, it just struck me as an unusual example I recalled (Paladin with a Flurry ability?) and didn't bother to see if anyone else had a similar recollection.