Author Topic: Introducing Adam  (Read 9776 times)

Offline GrandlordThoth

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Introducing Adam
« on: April 15, 2014, 03:12:19 AM »
This character will be used for an all spots legal d20 epic game this summer
Working to build as fast as free time will allow
(Adam, Envoy of the void)
(Determined by current or base?) and class Wizard/Fighter 19( gestalt/geist)
DVR: 9,001
(fine-Colossal+) (Humanoid)
Hit Dice: d10
Initiative: 9,001+
Speed:20-120 ft( or 51.14 miles )
Armor Class:45,015  Touch: Flat-footed: How does this interact with the template Gifted?
Base Attack/Grapple:+19/+14/+9/+5
Attack:
Full Attack:
Space/Reach:0-25 ft
Special Qualities:(we gunna be here awhile...)
Manipulate Form (sarrukh)
Feed ( as a Barghest for dealing with those ever pesky regenerate creatures)
Fast healing : 171,795
DR 10/magic 9,036/ +4 (should I increase? Dm removed enchantment cap on gear and the Salient divine for it is stacking )

Imunities:
The deity gains immunity to acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic energy, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and necromantic effects, and it ignores mind-affecting effects critical hits, subdual damage, ability damage, ability drain, or energy drain, or any effect requiring a Fortitude save, unless it affects objects.Transmutation disintegration. imprisonment or banishment binding, dimensional anchor, dismissal, repulsion, soul bind, temporal stasis, trap the soul, and turning  or rebuking.

Salient Divine Abilities: 9,001 ( deities and demi-gods)
will post the list of these when it's collected. Essentially everything which is not restricted by class or BAB

Saves:
Fort: 11+9001=9012
Ref:    6+9001=9007
Will:  11+9001=9012

Abilities:
STR:  18,013   9,001
DEX:  18,013  9001
CON: 18,013  9,001
INT:   18,013  9,001
WIS: 18,013   9001
CHA: 18,013   9,001

Skills: skill points :198,060
31 basics + craft, Knowledge and preform (

Feats:(any suggested improvements?)
Power attack trade to hit for dmg
Cleave make an additional attack after killing an opponent
Great Cleave no limit on cleave
Combat reflexes - 9,001 attacks of opportunity
Improved critical (scythe) crit range doubles
Combat expertise- trade attack bonus for AC
dodge -+1 to ac against selected target
mobility -+4 dodge against select aoo
spring attack- move before and after melee attack
Whirlwind attack- one attack against each opponent within reach
Empower spell
Maximize spell
Spell mastery
Silent spell
still spell
Quicken spell
Spell perfection

Feats: Free
Uncanny Dodge
Improved Uncanny dodge -eyes in the back of neck
Least legacy Caput Mortuum
Lesser Legacy Caput Mortuum
Greater LegacyCaput Mortuum

Environment: Prime Material Plane
Organization:
Challenge Rating: holding till he's done
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Languages Spoken: all
Level Adjustment: +1 ( Gifted template)

Possessions:

Spells prepared:( working to gain all arcane spells known , already have all divine )
0:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:

Spells known:
0:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:

Character background:

Birth:
Adam is fathered by Asmodeus and Wee Jas.( http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Asmodeus )&    ( http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/DnDWiki:Wee_Jas)

At birth he is granted a Candle of invocation as a gift. ( http://dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Candle_of_Invocation )
from here he follows the path of our good old friend pun pun (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Pun-Pun_%283.5e_Optimized_Character_Build%29 )

granting himself infinite candles and by association infinite wishes. These are the basics of character concept.

age 1 Immortal  HT 3” Wt 75lbs 19th lvl  Wizard Fighter divine rank 9,001  Portfolio:all
Templates -Abyssal bred , Child of Wee Jas and Asmodeus, Demon gifted,Gifted, Godspark

Divine salient abilities attribute to many of adams abilities, having a DR 9,001 he has ALOT of abilities the list is not done and each section (skills, feats, ect ect.) as I get time. Did I resolve the issue?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:16:01 AM by GrandlordThoth »

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing Adam
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 09:30:37 AM »
Could you maybe reformat the sheet? The columns didn't copy over well, and it's slightly confusing to read. His speed is 50', but says it might be 51 miles a turn? Huh?

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 05:48:36 PM »
Same idea here ---> http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=13213.0

I'm not sure why you are bothering with small details.
DvR 19 is Zeus or Odin, and you've got near 500 of those.

You can make an Artifact, say like one with
every single pre-existing official artifacts
as a tiny portion of it's capabilities.
You hold up the MIC and say this is my item.

You could have every ability in the MM1 and MM2
and MM3 and MM4 and MM5 and that's just the start.
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline GrandlordThoth

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 05:41:12 AM »
Same idea here ---> http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=13213.0

I'm not sure why you are bothering with small details.
DvR 19 is Zeus or Odin, and you've got near 500 of those.

You can make an Artifact, say like one with
every single pre-existing official artifacts
as a tiny portion of it's capabilities.
You hold up the MIC and say this is my item.

You could have every ability in the MM1 and MM2
and MM3 and MM4 and MM5 and that's just the start.

since this post I have modified adam to a wizard
changed to spell mastery , SDA spell mastery and spell perfection ( 2 fireballs a round)
 All spells known due to create magic tattoo and infinite caster levels due to divine and arcane.  Am I thinking big eneough now?

Offline GrandlordThoth

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 09:22:08 AM »
Things I could use some help on
carry drag weight
Attack, full attack
any other +0 character templates I.E like gifted, abyssal bred ect ect)

Most important without changing my level how do I grant myself all arcane spells known?

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 10:42:04 AM »
If you've got nigh-infinite feats / access to Epic faets, look at Automatic [Metamagic] Spells. Makes things a lot easier.

Or just Improved Metamagic, I guess.

Offline FlaminCows

• Push that button. Doo eeet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 01:29:49 PM »
One thing to remember about Divine Ranks that high is that characters with those ranks are removed from the game, even as deities.

Quote from: Deities and Demigods p.25
Rank 21+: These entities are beyond the ken of mortals and care nothing for worshipers. They do not grant spells, do not answer prayers, and do not respond to queries. If they are known at all, it is to a handful of scholars on the Material Plane. They are called overdeities. In some pantheistic systems, the consent of an overdeity is required to become a god.

Which basically means that all Adam would do is chill with Ao somewhere and never bother with lesser beings unless they want to become a god.

Offline GrandlordThoth

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 06:38:22 PM »
this is a homebrew epic level campaign gentlemen your taking the easy way out, I thought this was gameologists?

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 10:50:00 PM »
this is a homebrew epic level campaign gentlemen your taking the easy way out, I thought this was gameologists?
We're saying that you yourself admit that he's Pun-Pun.

Do whatever you want, the campaign is - frankly - yours, not the DM's. At this level, we can't give advice other than OOC stuff. IC, you already have every ability or stat that you could ever want, and as such any advice is useless.

Possibly also use the Omniscificer or the Twice-Betrayer of Shar's tricks, but then you're just getting into the "aged cheddar wasn't enough so I slathered it in easy-cheese/cheese whiz"

Offline GrandlordThoth

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 07:01:24 PM »
Gazzien You are excellent, I still dont know if I can trade Divine Salient Abilities for other things?

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 08:44:26 PM »
By RAW, no.

However, you have all of them. Including any that you make up.

What is everyone else playing? Does everyone else have 9,001 DvR?

Seriously, though, we can't optimize this. Not because it's too easy, per se, but...

A metaphor. A bunch of kids are having a food fight. You show up with a thermonuclear weapon. It doesn't really matter what you do at that point, because regardless of what options you take, you are going to win that food fight.

Adam could take Toughness with every single feat slot, and would still outclass everything in every published book simultaneously.

Having Str 18012 means that your lift/drag capacity is greater than the weight of the universe; I'm not even going to bother calculating it for you (hint:  your maximum push capacity is 5200 lbs times 4^179. That is a ridiculously large number.)

Heck, thanks to having Manipulate Form, you have every single special ability and quality in the game, as well as infinite ability scores. You are, quite literally, playing Pun Pun.

The sane solution is to just replace every number on Adam's sheet with the words "I win." You can deal infinite damage as a free action, have infinite HP, can't be harmed by anything ever, and can do anything. An infinite number of times per day.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline GrandlordThoth

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 05:16:49 AM »
By RAW, no.

However, you have all of them. Including any that you make up.

What is everyone else playing? Does everyone else have 9,001 DvR?

A metaphor. A bunch of kids are having a food fight. You show up with a thermonuclear weapon. It doesn't really matter what you do at that point, because regardless of what options you take, you are going to win that food fight.

Having Str 18012 means that your lift/drag capacity is greater than the weight of the universe; I'm not even going to bother calculating it for you (hint:  your maximum push capacity is 5200 lbs times 4^179. That is a ridiculously large number.)

The sane solution is to just replace every number on Adam's sheet with the words "I win." You can deal infinite damage as a free action, have infinite HP, can't be harmed by anything ever, and can do anything. An infinite number of times per day.

Feats
so by RAW, no but through DSR's I can essentially take all feats.

as for the rest of my party, they essentially said " Were going to after spending 2 months making level 20's betray each other for the gold, I decided No... so to answer no , each of them is playing a "min maxed" Gestalt at level 20

could not stop laughing for a few minutes after reading the food fight portion!

The push/ drag shut my dm up finally, so i thank you for that ( something about wanting real numbers lol

and stating that "I win " defeats the purpose of me getting to play a Deity who is all powerful but carries the mentality of a child (as he is still "maturing" so he is still learning) I plan to with this build highly encourage my dm to continue into a Divine campaign. rather than just "a lvl 20 epic dungeon crawl.

For those of you that were wondering , sorry to disappoint but I won't be using this build to destroy the game my dm has built, I plan to use Adam to drive this dm to new heights of creativity.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 09:45:06 AM »
Let me try this again.

You win. There is no way for your GM to make an encounter (or indeed, a campaign) that can both challenge the other players and you.

You can solve any and all problems with no issue; while everyone else is playing D&D, you are essentially playing Nobilis. Which, might I add, is a diceless RPG where an average session might involve taking on a pantheon of Gods.

Note how I said "diceless"? Even if you were to spend every possible feat slot on Toughness, you still get the basic effects of having that many Divine Ranks: namely, you get an automatic natural 20 on all your rolls. All of them. Yes, even those ones.

"Mentality of a child"? By the stats you've put up, Adam is transcendentally intelligent and wise; he has hit enlightenment several times.

Notwithstanding how he got 9001 DvR when neither of his parents break 16...

If you don't want to put your DM of Divine rules forever, I suggest toning him down to maybe DvR 1 (massive reduction, I know); otherwise...

I repeat: you'll be playing freeform, while everyone else will be playing D&D. You might as well not be there playing with them, frankly.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline FlaminCows

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2014, 12:37:48 PM »
I plan to with this build highly encourage my dm to continue into a Divine campaign. rather than just "a lvl 20 epic dungeon crawl... I plan to use Adam to drive this dm to new heights of creativity.
I'm sorry, but by RAW, RAI, common sense, and the boot to the head your DM is going to give you, your character, Adam, cannot be in any campaign.

There is a purpose for the You Break It You Buy It forum, and that purpose is humour, not usable game rules. I was quite surprised when I realised that you are planning on actually using this character, rather than just being tongue-in-cheek.

This character is not suitable for the purpose you intend to use it for. That is the best answer that can be given to your query. You ask for Gameologists, so here's some brilliant gameology: if the DM is running a game you do not like, you do not try to break his game. You leave the game, and find something else to do. Your DM has the right to run a level 20 dungeon crawl. If he does not want to make a Divine campaign, you cannot "force" him to do it with an overpowered character. Even if he did want to run a divine campaign, your character is unsuitable for that purpose.

Since you are using Deities and Demigods, here's another rule for you:
Quote from: Deities and Demigods page 218
Sometimes a character becomes too powerful or a player becomes too abusive of the rules system. If you’ve run out of options for controlling either character or player, you may want to remove the character from the game so the player can start over. Tell the player that you consider the character too powerful [...] This removes the troublesome character from the mortal realm, allowing the player to start over with something more manageable or to find another game.

Yes, your campaign is homebrew. Even in the most homebrew of homebrew campaigns, even in freeform campaigns, there is a simple rule that does not need to be enforced because it enforces itself: without challenge, there can be no game.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 12:39:22 PM by FlaminCows »

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 05:40:40 PM »
So lets go with one SDA ... Alter Reality
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#alterReality

Throw in Psychic Reformation via a Limited Wish
and the Leadership feat (no need for epic here).

You can get every Divine spell over to Arcane
and every Psi Power over to Arcane.

You also know every non-epic Metamagic feat
and can stick as many as are compatible on
9th level spells, making them say level 25+ slots.

This would come no where near the limits of
100+ SDAs applied to spellcasting capabilities.

So it isn't just Alter Reality whenever convenient.
It's every single spell and power published, with
every single metamagic applied, while at the same
time Heightened to as high as you can figure out.

Check out the extra special stuff on Wish and Miracle.
For you they would be self generated, self granted.
Now heighten those 5 or 6 levels.

Karsus's Avatar is a spell from 2nd Edition that
killed a Deity ... at least for a little while.
That was a 12th level spell with a Greater Artifact
as the Material Component burned up.
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline GrandlordThoth

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2014, 05:41:17 PM »
My DM Ok'd Adam as his 20th level campaign is a dungeon grind , the campaign will end with players taking on a "Party" of level 100's ( the perfect phb+ DMG+ epic  "Party" ). In the capacity of Adam I am an Assistant DM to act as a private consultant for the purpose of the DM improving his overall capabilities. Despite the seemingly popular opinion, this will not be abused. Adam allows for players to have a raw direct link to divinity, so that the typical difficulties of gaining divinity are avoided. Did I mention that this is a 3 month Dungeon crawl ( no teleporting outside the zone of the dungeon. ). The first enemy of the "Crawl to divinity" is the Tarrasque.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/tarrasque.htm

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2014, 05:46:43 PM »
Karsus's Avatar is a spell from 2nd Edition that
killed a Deity ... at least for a little while.
That was a 12th level spell with a Greater Artifact
as the Material Component burned up.

Well, he basically made the components needed. And it wasn't so much 'killing' a god as hijacking their power for the spell duration--perfectly safe, in fact, had he not picked the Goddess of Magic.

Offline FlaminCows

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2014, 05:59:09 PM »
In the capacity of Adam I am an Assistant DM
Oh, okay. Then why are you trying to stat him? Writing out Pun-Pun's sheet is an exercise in futility, and if you are already assistant DM then all you need to write on your sheet is "Dungeon Master. Can do anything."

There are much simpler means of having a raw link to divinity, since in many settings almost any god can sponsor other beings to become gods. As for the dungeon crawl, if Adam wants to kill a tarrasque he would succeed 100% of the time, which means he can't be an active participant of the party, only a background character.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 06:32:03 PM by FlaminCows »

Offline FlaminCows

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2014, 06:00:27 PM »
Double-posted, by accident. Here's a smiley.  :eh

Offline GrandlordThoth

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2014, 07:51:38 PM »
It's something I've been wanting to do for years , I spent four hours making rolls to get this success, gentlemen, almost died at the hands of a cursed Lamp which appeared after my character finished his first Wish.

In short , I agree it is madness , but I am a glutton for punishment in dnd , and it's a theoretical dnd mine field which is just FUN.

Adam also allows for the dm to have a pantheon which was Hand Built through raw hours  of grinding.