Author Topic: Starting an Oriental Adventure style campaign.  (Read 24886 times)

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
Re: Starting an Oriental Adventure style campaign.
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2014, 10:25:51 PM »
As much as I would LOVE to get on board with a mahou shoujo sentai game, I can't read and learn all of those mechanics for all of that right now xD

So does that mean you are out for now? If so you are free to join any time as long as we have the party space.
Stalking my prey, silently I hide. Prey: Why are you whispering to yourself. Me: Crap, I rolled low on my hide and move silent checks. Act normal. Hello citizen :)"Just smile till he leaves"

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2014, 10:27:57 PM »
I bet a Tibbit could make a mean nekomata yokai.  Gotta get me a shamisen playing entertainer.

Is this a homebrew? If so please post a link so i can view and ok it first.
Stalking my prey, silently I hide. Prey: Why are you whispering to yourself. Me: Crap, I rolled low on my hide and move silent checks. Act normal. Hello citizen :)"Just smile till he leaves"

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2014, 10:30:01 PM »
Tibbit is Dragon material. Basically a small humanoid with the ability to turn into a housecat. It is, however, in a book, since it's Dragon Compendium stuff.

Nekomata is a type of youkai, but I believe Eiji was referring to the cat with two forks in its tail mythologically rather than any single entity. :p

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2014, 10:34:26 PM »
Tibbit is Dragon material. Basically a small humanoid with the ability to turn into a housecat. It is, however, in a book, since it's Dragon Compendium stuff.

Nekomata is a type of youkai, but I believe Eiji was referring to the cat with two forks in its tail mythologically rather than any single entity. :p

Thank you for that Raineh. That wascmost informing :)

This is completely acceptable for me since it is in a book :)

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2014, 10:36:12 PM »
Raineh is correct.  Here's a site that has the stats, but you can also find them in Dragon Compendium: http://dndtools.eu/races/dragon-compendium--109/tibbit--33/ 

I'm thinking maybe Dragonfire Adept.  It'll fit in with the entertainer bit.  I play some instruments, I breath fire and jump through a hoop, I steal everyone's money after the roofies kick in and then no one suspects the cat outside... I mean, DON'T steal everyone's money.   ;)

(EDIT: It occurs to me my Wikipedia link to nekomata was broken: Here it is.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nekomata )
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 10:38:11 PM by SolEiji »
Mudada.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2014, 10:39:39 PM »
If there are no objections, I shall commence with walking up to people and slamming my fist into their face. Martial arts magicalness!*

*Or I will tomorrow. I need sleep.

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2014, 10:41:16 PM »
Raineh is correct.  Here's a site that has the stats, but you can also find them in Dragon Compendium: http://dndtools.eu/races/dragon-compendium--109/tibbit--33/ 

I'm thinking maybe Dragonfire Adept.  It'll fit in with the entertainer bit.  I play some instruments, I breath fire and jump through a hoop, I steal everyone's money after the roofies kick in and then no one suspects the cat outside... I mean, DON'T steal everyone's money.   ;)

(EDIT: It occurs to me my Wikipedia link to nekomata was broken: Here it is.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nekomata )

Thank you for that, i do actually have access to the dragon compendium so i will look into it a little so i have an idea of your capabilities. I just however have not had the time to go through the compendium yet lol.

This could turn to be really interesting.

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2014, 10:42:05 PM »
If there are no objections, I shall commence with walking up to people and slamming my fist into their face. Martial arts magicalness!*

*Or I will tomorrow. I need sleep.

We shall get to all that soon.

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2014, 10:45:09 PM »
So if the current people could for me go ahead and create their characters, and post them for me that would be nice.

I will forewarn you tho that this may be a little slow going as i do work over nights so i am slightly limited on posting times, but will try to keep things running daily if possible.

Feel free to ask any questions at any time, and i will respond as soon as I'm next online.

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2014, 10:55:23 PM »
Also i try to do a healthy balance of roleplay - combat aspect so even the skill monkey can get some good times, also if you want to balance your characters between combat and skills you will be ok. I will not outright try to derp your characters. I want this to be fun and enjoyable for all of us. You willl be rewarded for all kinds of things from (good roleplaying, to skill challenges, to combat, good teamwork)

I.e. Rikimaru all your tactics have been to hit and run to safety you've roleplayed your character tumbling and "dodging past enemies giving good flavor text and staying with that style showing it is a part of your characters skills. I award you a special ability that you gain a +2 to tumble checks vs the target of your dodge feat.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2014, 10:59:20 PM »
Whoa~

Backtracking into this, I think I'd totally be interested in some orientals ( :lmao )

Would you be willing to allow homebrew with an appropriate oriental-styled...style?

Cause being a miko (Shrine Maiden) sounds fabulous~

Apparently you don't read every new post in your thread :p

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2014, 11:01:53 PM »
Whoa~

Backtracking into this, I think I'd totally be interested in some orientals ( :lmao )

Would you be willing to allow homebrew with an appropriate oriental-styled...style?

I was assuming based off of a post you out after this one that you may of decided you didn't want to do this yet. I did howevee read this one and it was a misinterpretation on my part. I'm sorry about that inconvenience and i will read your homebrew shortly and inform you of my thoughts on it in my campaign :)

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2014, 11:09:53 PM »
Whoa~

I was assuming based off of a post you out after this one that you may of decided you didn't want to do this yet. I did howevee read this one and it was a misinterpretation on my part. I'm sorry about that inconvenience and i will read your homebrew shortly and inform you of my thoughts on it in my campaign :)

I'm reluctant to say yes to that lol. It seems way overpowered being able to combine cleric casting with martial maneuvers, without having to take the time to multiclass.

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2014, 11:14:48 PM »
Whoa~

I'm reluctant to say yes to that lol. It seems way overpowered being able to combine cleric casting with martial maneuvers, without having to take the time to multiclass.

However i will allow it for now with the exception, that your ability incredible luck is a once per day not once per hour. So you will have to get a full rest between uses.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2014, 11:16:06 PM »
By max starting gold I presume you mean the things like "2d4x10" it has on classes.  So that's... 80 gold for me.

How are you doing hit points?  Max?  Average?  Rolled?  I presume the 1st level is maxed regardless.
Mudada.

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2014, 11:32:09 PM »
Lvl 1 is max +5 extra. Then 3/4 max after that. You will gain 1 hp less for lvls 2-6 to make up for the 5 bonus to help lvl 1 survivability.

Example: lvl 1 ninja with 12 con.
Lvl1: d8+1c+5b=14hp
Lvl2: (3/4d8)so a 6+1c-1b=6.
So a lvl 2 ninja would have 18hp with a 12 con.

And also yes max gold. So 2d4x10 is 80gp to start.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2014, 11:36:34 PM »
Whoa~

However i will allow it for now with the exception, that your ability incredible luck is a once per day not once per hour. So you will have to get a full rest between uses.

Well its kinda funny how you restrict that one while calling out the martial progression and cleric combo but okay.
The 1/hour reroll didn't seem big too me as it basically just comes out to 1 reroll per encounter (whether social or combat 'encounter') but I can live with your change :D

I don't think there'll be much to worry about with the cleric progression though. As the cleric progression is at 2/3 my level, that turns into a pretty heavy delay past 6th (not getting 4th level spells until 11th even).

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2014, 12:09:05 AM »
Only shopping remains.  Magical Entertainer Shin-Chan go!

If you're wondering, name's written English style, so Shin's the first name here.
Mudada.

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2014, 01:12:29 AM »
Whoa~

Well its kinda funny how you restrict that one while calling out the martial progression and cleric combo but okay.
The 1/hour reroll didn't seem big too me as it basically just comes out to 1 reroll per encounter (whether social or combat 'encounter') but I can live with your change :D

I don't think there'll be much to worry about with the cleric progression though. As the cleric progression is at 2/3 my level, that turns into a pretty heavy delay past 6th (not getting 4th level spells until 11th even).

I didn't wanna try and restrict the martial to cleric thing without first really seeing it im action. As for the once per hour you do eventually gain multiple uses of it per hour so it woulx come to more than once per encounter, but at least once per day it becomes a little more restricted.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2014, 03:05:15 AM »
The sheet is officially finished, and shopping is complete.  Man, keeping under weight when you have strength 6 is a trial.

(EDIT: Oh yeah, do you keep track of mundane ammo?  Typically I gloss over it, but if you don't it's fine.  I'll just pick up rocks every so often for the sling.)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 03:10:49 AM by SolEiji »
Mudada.