Author Topic: The Game!  (Read 23949 times)

Offline dman

• View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2021, 12:17:36 AM »
The professor licks his lips and watches the companions leave with a twinge of sadness, loss, and hunger.  He begins to tear up and is suddenly overtaken by a wave of self-consciousness.  "It's my fault...  They're leaving because of me... I never should have..." He looks over at his new progeny and looks back at the disappearing party members.  "They didn't even want to see her... My baby... They're going to tell them about my baby..."

As Slake's histeria burgeons the monstrous six-legged croc fidgets and bristles in response.

"Excuse me, Professor?"  The warm divine voice watche washes over him like a warm spring. "I believe you're letting your feelings run away with you.  You've just interrupted the bonding process, that's all.  No one's going to take your baby - not here.  Now you just spend some more time with her and let me take care of this business, ok?"

"Yes, of course. Quite, right. Good, lad." Slake composes himself again and pats his angelic comforter on the shoulder.  He returns to nuzzling guys new creation. "I just thought for certain Ceir would be more impressed with you, Sweet Ums..."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2021, 10:59:46 PM »
Tiny offers a conciliatory pat, though she's not entirely sure what he's talking about.

Offline Nytemare3701

• Honorary Mod
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 24, 2021, 04:31:49 AM »
Time: Mid-day
You are currently in a grassland with gently rolling hills, with the main road of this area half a day north.
(click to show/hide)

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 24, 2021, 10:27:42 PM »
Thanks to Hal-El and Tiny's emotional support, Slake is much recovered from his episode at the parting of the compainions. 

He inhales deeply through his nostrils.  "Ahhh..."  With his bulbous form plopped astride Beauty he looks out over the rolling grassland.

"As I have largely sssslrrssampled the most excellent flora and fauna of this region..." Slake pauses to wipe his mouth.  "...I believe a change in scenery is in order - off to greener patures as they say."  He chuckles a bit before continuing.  "...and as I happen to be something of an expert on the geography of the region I believe I know the perfect route west that will conduct us directly to the city of Sharn - A short cut, so to speak.  From there we can reconnoitre and either choose to lay low or double back to Zilspar and out of the country should it suit us.  I must say visiting a cosmopolitan city like Sharn is an exciting prospect - though I have heard that the knowledge of the gnomish scholars of Zilspar is of a very fine vintage!"  He wipes his mouth again, and scratches his six-legged mount who psychically purrs in approval.   

"You'll bear me on for the next day or so won't you, girl?  Then I'll send you on your way off into the wide world - my Beauty."  He pats her and smiles with fatherly pride.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 27, 2021, 10:50:03 AM »
Razor does not understand the emotional moment, but is eager to fit in.

"It is good you remain with us, Professor. I have much learn to do of you. We talk more during walking to this 'Sharn,' yes?"

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 27, 2021, 02:56:28 PM »
As you consult among yourselves, a young, weather-beaten elven woman dressed in brown and green and prominently carrying a shortbow approaches. She makes a point to approach slowly and openly, then bows and smiles from a safe distance.

"Hiya! I am Hannah the Huntress, a member of the Liberators of the Flowing Water. You must have met my fellow Liberator, the Magister, who told me that you need a guide familiar with the wilderness here.

Well, here I am, at your service."

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 28, 2021, 05:10:22 PM »
Slake rolls off of Beauty and smiles broadly at Razor.  "I appreciate that vote of confidence my dear lance-legged friend.  Your kindness is a virtue.  No doubt we have much to learn from each other.  I've always been curious about your kind and in particular your language.  I realize I may be particularly poorly equipped with regards to appendages, given that I am all wobbles and wrapples in that respect, to reproduce such subtleties as you may no doubt convey on your own fine bladed prolongations, but I would be most gratified if you would attempt to instruct me in such course aspects as I may be able to apprehend if not articulate.  In return I'd be pleased to instruct you in ...well  ...just about anything you'd like to know."  The Professor pats his bulging belly underneath his lab coat and gestures grandly to the wide sky and fields around.   

Hal-El hides a smile at his master's excitement and lack of subtlety not wanting to spoil the moment.  As he looks out over the plain, the angel notices an elfin lady approaching. 

"It seems we have another companion.  Ho!  Any friend of the Magister is a friend of ours!  Welcome!"

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 28, 2021, 09:08:11 PM »
Tiny gets closer, sniffing a few times, "Do you all smell the same?"

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 29, 2021, 09:50:50 AM »
Hannah smiles warmly.

"You have a very keen nose, young lady. We Liberators of the Flowing Waters use smell as one of our secret tell-tales to recognize each other."

(click to show/hide)

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 29, 2021, 12:16:12 PM »
Razor doesn't quite understand Slake's verbose reply in full, but grasps enough to nod in response.

To the newcomer, Razor tilts their head and narrows their eyes in contemplation, then mimics a shrug they had seen the researchers do when they seemed confused while observing Razor as a subject.

The elf woman seems strange, but then again everyone seems strange to Razor. At least she didn't seem to be hostile, so Razor decided to roll with it.
They did several cartwheels while everyone else performed the boring, laborious act of conversation.

(click to show/hide)

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 21, 2021, 01:24:05 PM »
Razor soon becomes bored and begins cartwheeling down the road the group had previously been traversing toward Sharn, in hopefully the correct direction.

Offline Nytemare3701

• Honorary Mod
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 22, 2021, 06:26:06 PM »
With course adjusted towards Sharn, the party continues north to meet the main road. Travelers mostly keep to themselves, and House Orion has developed this highway extensively. Every few miles a signpost updates you on your progress and provides a place to rest beneath a dragonshard lantern that wards against wandering creatures. It's no guarantee of safety, but at least a critter won't steal your rations in the night.

(click to show/hide)

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 22, 2021, 08:27:44 PM »
Razor is thankful for the opportunity to practice his 'socializing' skills, using the language advice provided by some of their fellow party members.

The new information gleaned from some of their fellow travelers, however, was troubling.

"It does not seem to being safe for us in this 'Sharn.' Will the Silver Fire People 'detain' us? I do not like it being so."

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 24, 2021, 06:29:35 AM »
"Yes, something is up. Maybe we should turn around and try Hilspar instead? With my guidance we could go through the King's Forest to diffuse our tracks in case we are already pursued."