Author Topic: Races  (Read 10149 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 10:03:04 PM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Races
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 11:09:23 AM »
Alternate Class Features for other races

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 03:27:05 AM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 09:00:58 PM »
Android

The first androids were crude, roughly humanoid machines designed to support humans in harduous and dangerous tasks in places where bigger machinery wouldn't fit. Advances in technology turned them more sophisticated as well as more autonomous, until eventually self-sentience was reached. Soon enough an heated struggle started where the androids started questioning why should they be treated as simple objects. Luckily enough a political solution was reached before any major conflict broke out, with   Androids given their own rights in society. No longer can they just be discarded and thrown into a trash heap at an human's whim, and no longer do they have to blindly follow orders from “owners”. Still most Androids are still found  serving others, as that's what they were programmed-No, born to do. As advanced as their artificial minds are, they still cannot  forge a truly independent identity, usually seeking a proper Master with who they can share a dream.

Androids come in all kind of variants and designs, mixing in light metal platings and synthetic skin and hair. While some are clearly machines from the first looks, others could be confused with armored humans, and some just present some mechanical bits to an observer. Some cover themselves in human clothes to blend in with society as well as possible, while others don't wear clothes at all and show themselves in naked metal to the world.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 04:39:31 AM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 02:01:54 AM »
Numan

Some claim the human body is just a diferent kind of machine. And like a machine, its design can be improved by a brilliant mind, including the addition of parts from other machines. Thus started the Numan (new human) project, seeking to “augment” humans trough a series of genetic manipulations trough scientific and magic experiments, mixing in materials from other races and monsters. The initial results were... Varied. More than one test subject went mad, broke out and caused plenty of havoc before being dealt with one way or the other. Some of those are still unacounted for. But eventually a more stable process was developed. The resulting individuals showed exceptional ability to quickly find solutions to new challenges. However as advanced as their minds are, their lab-grown bodies lack many natural defences, resulting in a more fragile health. 

Numans look roughly human, except they can have any kind of hair, skin and eye color, and more often than not may present slightly “monstrous” traits such as thin tails, long ears, sharper canines, all vestiges from the mix of genetic material used to create them. It's still unknown why diferent characteristics surface on each individual Numans, but they're usually proud of it and openly show their own special characteristics to the world.

Male Numans are called Newman, while female Numans are called Newearl.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:36:56 PM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 06:18:25 AM »
Cyborg

As androids were refined, some humanoids started to become jealous, wanting such shiny metal bodies for themselves. The theory wasn't very hard. Just build an android body and then put one's brain along some vital organs inside instead of a bunch of control chips. Alas the trauma suffered during the proccess often lead such subjects to terminal insanity. Still sometimes it worked, and although medicine has greatly advanced to allow to regenerate most wounds in living beings, in certain cases there's just not that much left to work with, or humanoids with great power may find out their fleshy bodies will not last long. For those people, becoming a cyborg is an attractive option. Sometimes they're not given an option at all and their superiors will simply order the cyborgization of particularly valuable personnel that would otherwise be lost. Luckily talented and/or experienced individuals seem to have a much higher success rate in becoming cyborgs, their strong wills managing to retain a grasp in reality after the transfer. Raw physical characteristics are often enhanced, but the loss of most of one's original body also erases their previous racial abilities, and some sanity is always lost along the way.

Aspect-wise, Cyborgs look just the same as androids from outside, and can be easily confused.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 03:09:57 AM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 06:21:05 AM »
Aura Manakete

The Aura Manaketes are living proof of the dangers of trying to mix magic with technology too much. Originally normal humanoids, they saw their population swiftly die during an escalating war where both sides kept using greater combinations of science and spells that contaminated the environment to a point where not even the deepest bunkers nor alternate dimensions provided a safe haven. The Aura Manaketes were the only survivors from their population due to changing their very genetic codes and souls to allow them to change into the form of giant beasts that could consume and purify the contamination they had created, but it was still a pretty close call and left them locked into beings that cannot be easily satisfied, plus hunted down by many other civilizations that want to research their exotic bodies.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 01:11:16 AM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 06:22:09 AM »
Atlantean

Ancient civilizations spoke of how there were mighty beings living high up in the skies and they had winged servants with fascinating powers. Of course nowadays we know that going too much above the clouds the only thing one will find is the void of space.

That is until the finding of ruins in asteroids and orbiting planetoids cloaked by failing devices. Investigations point to some ancient civilization that developed extremely advanced technology, giving themselves wings in the process plus artificial homes in the sky and space so they wouldn’t be weighted down by gravity anymore, probably being the origin of the legends behind the mighty beings above. However their lifestyle was not sustainable, which combined with decadence and loss of knowledge led to the collapse of their civilization, with the scant survivors escaping back to the lands below.

Those survivors lost most of their technology, but did kept their genetic enhancements that were carried through generations, in particular their feathery wings which, like hair and skin, can come up in all sort of colors.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 09:53:36 PM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 06:24:07 AM »
Zentradi

Engineered as a warrior race by an ancient civilization, the Zentradi are massive humanoids that crusaded across the galaxy for centuries even after their masters mysteriously disappeared. Their blind loyalty was due to the Zentradi being genetically developed and brainwashed into absolute servitude, unable to even dream of anything but following orders and waging war. They couldn’t even be called a culture, but rather the complete lack of one, little more than bots that happened to be made of meat instead of metal.

Luckily, after facing countless space horrors, they eventually ran into a planet that although poorer in military technology was rich in music and other arts, which fascinated the Zentradi as they discovered there were other joys to life besides battle. Soon they started lining up not for combat formations but to attend idol shows, signed peace and trade deals plus started developing a culture of their own.

Still old habits die hard and the Zentradi remain one of the most if not the most militaristic humanoids in the galaxy, but at least now they seek their own reasons to fight rather than following the orders of long-gone masters.

Zentradi also boast an exceptional wide array of skin and hair colors.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 04:17:24 AM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 06:25:49 AM »
Klaxosaur

They came from below, have violent attitudes and have horns so many would call them demons, devils, infernals, fiends.

The truth is that they’re an ancient race that retreated underground after a particularly violent conflict that devastated most of their civilization millennia ago. Hidden, they developed a brutal military state readying themselves for the return of their enemies, the weak willingly sacrificing themselves to serve as fuel and raw materials for the strong, making extensive use of bio-technology.

And if they suddenly came out attacking everything on sight, it was because some greedy corporation had started harvesting the fuel they had been stocking up for so long while kidnapping and brainwashing Klaxosaurs to use as super soldiers.

In some other reality it may’ve led to a bitter war until either side was wiped out, but in this one love prevailed when a surface humanoid and Klaxosaur managed to bound, revealing the truth to the public and inspired the end of the war in a beautiful story that hopefully one day will be animated. Still, some of their bad reputation persists, for in their artificial evolution the Klaxosaurs made themselves need to suck the vitality of other humanoids to survive.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 01:43:29 AM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 06:27:44 AM »
Protodeviln

Another alien race that made the big mistake of thinking they could combine magic with technology to improve themselves in a grand scale, they did earn great power at the cost of hungering for the very spirit force of other humanoids and resulting in another galactic war. Peace eventually arrived, but their hunger remains.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 04:29:28 AM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 09:52:57 PM »
Musk Cat

An exotic alien race that quite resemble normal cats, but they can speak, being just as smart as humans. Having no technology of their own, they still managed to fit in modern civilization just fine, showing a natural talent for both techniques and mecha arts.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 04:36:15 AM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 09:53:06 PM »
Motavian

Motavians are a strange race. Their genetic code includes traits of mammals, insects and birds. They   struggle with brand new technology, yet have a natural knack to get old pieces of broken equipment discarded by others working again. They’ll wither in perfectly climatized cities, but thrive in unstable wastelands. Whereas other civilizations form bigger and more complex governments, they stick to small familiar units. Both cold AIs and demonic priests tried to wipe them out, yet the Motavians endure.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 02:04:50 AM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 09:53:19 PM »
Dezorian

Most other races think the Dezorians a bit crazy if not insane upon first contact, but after a few words turns out that the green people have their own peculiar sense of communication.

Or maybe you were wearing the wrong hat. For unknown reasons Dezorian society has a myriad of rules about hats to the point there are no known records of seeing an hatless Dezorian and the green people may treat you as a trusted friend to be helped or an hated enemy to be cheated just depending on which hat you’re wearing.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 02:29:09 AM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 09:53:29 PM »
Reserved.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2018, 09:53:39 PM »
Reserved.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2018, 09:53:47 PM »
Reserved.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2018, 09:53:56 PM »
Reserved.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2018, 09:54:04 PM »
Reserved.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2018, 09:54:30 PM »
Reserved.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2018, 09:54:38 PM »
Reserved.