Author Topic: Master Psionics List Handbook Discussion  (Read 10716 times)

Offline Nifft

• Bad At Lurking
    • View Profile
Re: Master Psionics List Handbook Discussion
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2017, 06:15:25 PM »
Okay, neat.

I want to suggest re-working the "class / level" columns.

I've re-written them so it's possible to sort by class and see what's available, then filter by source / edition / etc. to narrow down your list for any particular game.

If you have a different way, that's cool, but the way that the old sheet does it is awful. Searching for domain / class powers is a complex query, which is probably why nobody ever asked "show me all powers in the Death mantle" and saw the obvious gaps.

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2017, 10:00:09 PM »
I am open to suggestions - feel free to teach me / provide examples.

I use LibreOffice, so some of it may be weird when opened in Office.

Better searchability / more logical = good in my book.

So, please, by all means....

Offline Nifft

• Bad At Lurking
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2017, 12:17:23 AM »
Each class should have a column so you can sort by power-level within a class.

For Mantles, I guess each one should also have a column. That part of the matrix will be quite sparse, but empty cells are basically free, so that's fine.

To test out a column scheme: make a character and try to use the sheet to search for relevant powers at each level.

In that vein, another nice-to-have would be a column that just calculates the minimum level for each power (for use with Expanded Knowledge). That's trivial to construct if each class & mantle list has its own column.

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2017, 02:07:24 PM »
Each class should have a column so you can sort by power-level within a class.

For Mantles, I guess each one should also have a column. That part of the matrix will be quite sparse, but empty cells are basically free, so that's fine.

Not a bad idea.

To test out a column scheme: make a character and try to use the sheet to search for relevant powers at each level.

In that vein, another nice-to-have would be a column that just calculates the minimum level for each power (for use with Expanded Knowledge). That's trivial to construct if each class & mantle list has its own column.

Not sure I get how this would be constructed. I can see the value in knowing the lowest level any given power appears at on any of the lists. For example the Sangehirn gets a few powers at different levels than other classes, and so forth, being able to take a power at a lower level than normal means more room for augments and metapsionic feats.

So, do you mean an entry listing what the lowest level the power appears at?

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2020, 03:42:09 PM »
Working on version 10 of the Master Power List with super improved searching capabilities.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2020, 04:50:13 PM »
Version 10 is confirmed, and is in progress.

How many people would be interested in a cross-edition listing of psionics in D&D as a whole?

Given that different editions of D&D are not cross-compatible and are basically different games, it would be a curiosity, but nothing more.

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2023, 10:33:30 PM »
Version 10 is confirmed, and is in progress.

How many people would be interested in a cross-edition listing of psionics in D&D as a whole?

Given that different editions of D&D are not cross-compatible and are basically different games, it would be a curiosity, but nothing more.

Well, it looks like I'm including previous editions' psionics after all - in the forthcoming v12.