Author Topic: Ask a Question sticky  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
Ask a Question sticky
« on: July 16, 2012, 05:47:52 AM »
As I've looked through the Ask a Question forum, I've noticed a lot of people simply don't ask questions all that well.  They ask general questions hoping to get specific answers instead of asking a specific question to get a specific answer.  Could we get a sticky in there like what the MinMax 3.5 forum has to guide people on how to get the information they'd like?

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
Re: Ask a Question sticky
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 05:51:49 AM »
Any suggestions as to what should be in it? Usually its not too bad, questions are reasonably short and simple to answer.
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
Re: Ask a Question sticky
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 06:07:38 AM »
Most of the suggestions I'd do are to try and just be as specific as possible with a question.  One of the recent ones I responded to was someone asking if power attack could apply to touch attacks.  In certain circumstances yes it can, so we asked the guy what he wanted to use it for and it was the gray Guard's ability that let him use Lay On Hands to deal damage to living creatures.  In that specific case, the answer was no, but until we learned that all we could say was "It'd work in certain circumstances" and of course making an exhaustive list isn't feasible.

So it's basically if someone has a question about an ability, they should actually mention that ability, that sort of thing.