Author Topic: the end might be near?  (Read 20642 times)

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
Re: the end might be near?
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2012, 01:12:55 AM »
Hopefully not derailing the thread too much, but I admit the most I really know about Argentina is my uncle helped put in a large part of your communications infrastructure through his work at L3 Communications.  I know I know more than that of course since I'm not surprised by your description of public health care there, but it still saddens me to hear of those kind of problems.

Hearing about medication costs reminds me of my mom and her schizophrenia medication that costs something like $1500 a month and insurance recently cut her off from that.  The good news is it worked quite well for her but the bad news is she's no longer on it.  As I mentioned I consider our pharmaceutical industry to have us by the balls especially after doing some more research and finding various study biases and even biases about the biases.  When you've got meta-level discrepancies something is definitely wrong.

I can imagine a little bit of what it's like for you Trapped since I have exercise induced asthma and have been sick for weeks before from overexerting myself.  Not pleasant of course, but that's the tip of the iceberg compared to your situation.

I'm guessing you've tried priesthood blessings?  I'm technically an inactive LDS member, in case you're wondering about how I might know some things.  Niji of course would probably be more helpful, but I'd be happy to lend what support I can.

Offline Shadowknight12

• Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2012, 01:30:43 AM »
I'm currently on medicare pat D,and it have covers 90% of the cost of medications leaving me a with 10% the copay,which for the most part is under $5 for meds,however in the case for the xiolair the 10% is as i've stated 440 per shot,which i'm required every two weeks.

What was going on before,was that someone think it may have been the hospital itself who was footing the copayment for all these years stopped doing that for whatever reason.

Ouch, a 1000 bucks a month in medicine sounds terribly expensive. Well, I hope you find some way to fix that, whether by getting financial aid from people or by working something out with medicare or your hospital. The way I've often seen it, necessity is the mother of invention. Give it some time and I'm sure you or someone else will figure out a way around it (even if it's something like a genius budget adjustment that frees up the money you need).

Hopefully not derailing the thread too much, but I admit the most I really know about Argentina is my uncle helped put in a large part of your communications infrastructure through his work at L3 Communications.  I know I know more than that of course since I'm not surprised by your description of public health care there, but it still saddens me to hear of those kind of problems.

Yeah, everything here is basically terrible. We're not as bad as Mexico, Columbia or Venezuela (yet), but as a citizen, I still need to live with the fact that every time I leave my house (and even while I'm inside it), I may get gunned down in the middle of the street or shanked in a public area for my meagre valuables. But I shouldn't complain. I'm young and I'm aiming to get out of here. It's the elderly and the disabled who have it worse, since they get the brunt of the economic crises we have all the time, they have to endure the worst of the healthcare system, and it's often impossible for them to improve their situation. They're also the main demographic to get beaten to death by criminals, because they're perceived as literal consequence-free punching bags. Able-bodied and neurotypical children and adults, in contrast, have a much better chance of surviving, not being regarded as prey, and improving their lifestyle.

Offline betrayor

• Monitoring...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2012, 06:52:01 AM »
Our goverment(greece) threatens that if we don't accept the changes that IMF and Germany dictates we will end up like argentina.....

Offline Shadowknight12

• Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2012, 06:57:11 AM »
Ahahaha wow, that is quite possibly one of the most brutally effective warnings I've ever heard of.

Whatever the IMF asks you to do to avoid that fate, do it. Even if it involves infanticide in the name of Satan. :p

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
  • Trapped on another Earth that isn't home
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2012, 02:18:54 PM »
so good news..the earth is about to be invaded..wait that isn't good news at all....

Good news, so by switching my medicare plan my shots will be fully covered,so I get to keep on living  :cool

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2012, 02:23:46 PM »
so good news..the earth is about to be invaded..wait that isn't good news at all....

Good news, so by switching my medicare plan my shots will be fully covered,so I get to keep on living  :cool
:clap
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2012, 02:35:18 PM »
Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish.

Yay, living is good.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2012, 03:10:53 PM »
woot!

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2012, 03:49:00 PM »
 ;) ... No more bucket list then?
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline Quillwraith

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2012, 06:25:41 PM »

:) :D :clap

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2012, 07:14:22 PM »

Yay! :clap

Offline Quillwraith

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2012, 07:24:07 PM »
I/we are glad for your survival.

I/we wish to know the identity of the 'invaders'. They will join me/us.

Offline Kajhera

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2012, 08:28:46 PM »
Whew  :) Glad for you.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2012, 12:40:22 AM »

[brofist]Living is good stuff, usually.  In your case, definitely.  Glad it's working out![/brofist]

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2012, 07:25:38 AM »
Congrats! Glad to hear it!
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2012, 07:03:33 PM »
sincere congratulations. =D

if the invaders get to be too much, and you make it out this way, maybe we could hole up in The Vault and game.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2013, 07:29:53 PM »
so as of last monday I finally started getting my much need shots that I hadn't had since August. :cloud9

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2013, 07:46:02 PM »
Glad to hear you're doing better!

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2013, 07:55:11 PM »
good to hear!

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2013, 04:11:35 AM »
So to update:

So far it's been 4 months without a visit to the ER due to asthma. And next month (oct) I will be having all of my upper teeth removed so I can have dentures put in.