Author Topic: Limit Warriors?  (Read 1772 times)

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
Limit Warriors?
« on: August 02, 2017, 08:14:25 AM »
Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Does anybody have any record or working link to Animana's Limit Warriors which are based off a Limit Break System?

Offline Versatility_Nut

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Limit Warriors?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 08:48:58 AM »
Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Does anybody have any record or working link to Animana's Limit Warriors which are based off a Limit Break System?
Pretty sure this isn't quite the right forum, but it's close enough that the Mods probably won't bother to move it. I can't find it by a quick Googling, but Secrets of the Arcmages has a mostly-complete archive of the Wizards of the Coast forums as of October 2015. As well as a 2008 and 2005 archive.

Having quickly looked through it, with the wondrous aid of Ctrl+F and entering "Limit Warriors," I'm pretty sure this is the thread you're looking for. It mentions a request to make a class like Cloud from Final Fantasy and is by Animana, so I'm pretty sure it's what you are looking for.

Edit: Seeing as how the code-dumping led to most actual content there being lost, I can point you to some threads on GiantITP that restate the basic mechanics of it, though it seems to be one of the lost subsystems.

Limit Dragoon is just a base class with some Limit Breaks. Due to GiantITP changing the code it used at some point, the class table is broken, but if you just want the base mechanics, it's a good example of those. Balance seems utterly batshit, though.

Push it to the Limit is a revamp-attempt, with functional tables, but it doesn't point out the mechanics of the Limit Mage or Limit Psion. So those seem to be lost mechanics. If your memory is refreshed enough, would you care to explain the details you can recall based on the threads I've linked?

I'll try the Wayback Machine, though I have to type the URL manually due to links being broken.

Edit 2: Here's the last archived version from the Wayback Machine. All the versions after got an error message, but here's your working link.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 09:34:29 AM by Versatility_Nut »

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 10:34:24 AM »
Thx! I looked at that archive itself briefly and was under the impression it was only archive of what wizards posted themselves. Guess I should have looked closer.

And my bad, I didn't know how to use Wayback Machine.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:21:51 PM by YuweaCurtis »

Offline Versatility_Nut

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 01:44:40 PM »
Thx! I looked at that archive itself briefly and was under the impression it was only archive of what wizards posted themselves. Guess I should have looked closer.
Secrets of the Arcmages is a mirror, but WotC was weird about their forum listing. They basically stuck all non-4e stuff into a gulag by sticking all of it into just two subforums. The Limit Warriors is under Previous Editions General. So yes, previous edition gulag.