Author Topic: System and World  (Read 6006 times)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
System and World
« on: June 25, 2012, 12:31:07 AM »
Hello everyone (all 2 of you).  For today's game, you'll be playing ordinary people going through their ordinary lives in a city called Silver Spring.  Silver Spring is the second largest city of Ehkskuni, beaten only by Ehkskuni's capital.  Ehkskuni is rather like America, so I'm sure you won't have a hard time figuring your way around.

I'm feeling lazy, so at the moment there isn't any official map.  You can assume that, as a large city, Silver Spring has everything you might need somewhere.  If you need a particular place, leave a post here, and I'll give it a name and a place and stuff.  Eventually, I'll make a map.

Time is pretty important to this game, so don't forget that actions aren't instantaneous.  You can generally assume that going anywhere will take 30 minutes (Silver Spring has a very nice transit system).  I would prefer if you could keep all actions to some multiple of 30 minutes, but you don't have to.  I can manage...

Use separate posts for die rolling and story telling.  That way you can edit your story posts without making the die-roller complain.

This is my first time at this, so if you need anything more, post in this thread.  Please take care of me!  And maybe I'll take care of you...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 01:44:22 AM by Hanako Tachibana »
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
Re: System and World
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 02:43:32 AM »
Could I ask for a more detailed description of where we are standing right now?  Serako will point in a direction for them to move, but She seems to have the time to evaluate the immediate surroundings lightly.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 03:51:42 PM »
You are currently standing by the side of a street.  You appear to be in a mostly residential area, so there are low houses on either side.  The monstrous creature is heading down the street towards you, but you can't tell if its actually going after you or just going down a street you're on.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 10:56:40 PM »
can I ask for a roll to determine if something I suspect out of character is true?  Could it be reasoned that the tag with the eye on it not only protects us from detection, but also generates that loud static noise based on proximity of enemies?

Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 11:00:16 PM »
Sure.  make an IQ roll or an occult roll or something like that.

You can make that roll in the main thread.  Say something like "Rolling against IQ to determine if I know that there is a connection between the eye-seal, the invisibility, and the static."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 04:32:12 PM »
Is fording the river the only way across, or can we choose to caulk the wagon and float it?
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 02:06:24 PM »
You may, of course, choose to caulk the wagon and float it.  You could also try and find a ferry, but I'm not sure if that would be the safest option.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 04:04:29 PM »
This caterpillar is either going to lead to our demise or end up lending us books.  And I'm really not sure which.

At least it isn't a large quantity of cheese.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 02:39:06 AM »
Maaaaaan, I should've checked up on this thread, I would have definitely had Serako look for a fairy to cross the river...

on a (女) relevant note, what do our surroundings look like?  that's gonna govern Serako's next course of action.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 05:52:02 PM »
Your surroundings look the same as they did before, with the inclusion of a medium-sized, damp cave in what you had previously thought was a cliff.  You can't really tell what is in the cave, as it is quite dark, but it looks like it goes for quite a ways.  You can also hear the buzzing of insects from deep within.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 12:53:55 AM »
Vital question:  Is my phone still lighting up the area
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 12:56:16 AM »
It is.  That being said, it's a phone.  Even its brightest setting can't light up that much.  Its position on the floor as it is, you can see Angelo quite easily and can barely make out yourself.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 04:48:51 PM »
Attempting an IQ check to figure out whether the locusts seem to notice our light.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 04:53:19 PM »
Without the light, the cave is pretty much pitch-black, right?

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 11:05:46 PM »
Yup.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 03:34:04 PM »
did the glowing orb disappear into me, or is it still there?
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 03:34:46 PM »
Still there.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 03:46:46 PM »
on a scale of candle to torch, how brightly does the orb glow?
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 03:47:44 PM »
It doesn't seem to actually be giving off light.  I mean, it must be, otherwise you wouldn't be able to see it in this darkness, but, it doesn't seem to be illuminating anything...

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2012, 03:50:26 PM »
how large is the orb?
Magic do what you will