Author Topic: The 6th Day  (Read 18193 times)

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
Re: The 6th Day
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 12:15:54 AM »
Serako's face gets a little red and she looks up.  For a brief moment, she feels dropped, but instead she refocuses  "Oh!  Um..  No.  I suppose not."  She chuckles.  "What I meant was, I'd like to get to know you."  Serako tries to smile as best she can, but she was still nervous.  She had promised herself this if she made it back, she just wished that it wasn't as hard as this was. 

Trying her best not to sound like a creep, she continues.  "I bike past here a lot and I've even been in a few times, but anyways...  If you get off your shift sometime later, I'd love to grab some coffee with you.  My name's Serako, by the way.  Serako Treble."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 12:25:29 AM »
"So 'do you remember me' means 'I want to get to know you better,' huh.  I'll remember that for next time." says Shun with a chuckle.

"I'm Shun.  Shun Yukimura.  I'd love to grab coffee with you some time.  Alas, I'm not sure when I'll be done with work.  I'm the owner, so I can't just up and leave, and my assistant hasn't come in today."
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 12:30:02 AM »
Serako laughs and rubs her neck nervously at his first comment, Well, yeah, that could have been smoother... 

"It's good to Meet you Shun.  I understand totally, umm, If I can give you my number."  Serako walks towards him and pulls a business card from a business card holder in her pocket.  "Just give me a call sometime, okay?"  She smiles, extremely nervous, but trying not to show it.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2012, 12:33:10 AM »
He accepts you card with a small bow, and hands you a card of his own.

"I"ll call you as soon as an opportunity presents itself.  Ah, well then, I'll see you later?"

And make a Perception roll, if you would.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2012, 12:36:47 AM »
"Yeah, I'll, ummm See you later."
Rolled 3d6 : 5, 6, 3, total 14
  looking for ten, listening for 12 
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2012, 12:39:00 AM »
Shun waves as you leave the store.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 12:47:53 AM »
Serako calmly walks to her bike and walks it past the windows of the shop before flopping down over it and crumbling emotionally and physically.  Her face turns beet red and she pockets the business card.  She pulls out her phone and checks the date, realizing that not only is she back in time, but she also has a date, but she also never resigned from work...  She bikes hard to the office now, to show at least a token effort at her job.  Though...  She's pretty sure she remembers what she worked on today...  maybe she can even impress the boss with how fast she works.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2012, 04:02:47 PM »
Angelo, you eventually head to class.  Nothing particularly eventful occurs; the seminar goes more or less as it did before.

Serako, you head into work.  Your boss is a bit annoyed with how late you are, though you manage to make up for it by completing the day's tasks in record time.

Speaking of time, it passes.  The clock strikes 10.  One hour until you two meet, two hours until...

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 06:54:14 PM »
Serako is quiet as she walks towards moongate park, eating a hamburger with one hand and holding her umbrella and bike with the other.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2012, 07:33:27 PM »
I have a casual smoke on my way to the park.  I'm wearing my best suit--the one I wore to the graduate school interviews.  It clashes rather horribly with the bright red bat I'm carrying over my shoulder, but such things are unavoidable.

My shoes tap lightly on the concrete as I walk.  I'm in no hurry.  I somehow suspect that I have all the time in the world.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2012, 10:17:20 PM »
You both arrive at the entrance to Moongate park at 10:30.  It is surprisingly dark and quiet out.  There isn't even any wind...  Nothing but the two of you and the summer heat.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2012, 10:18:26 PM »
I nod at Serako.  "Fancy seeing you here again."
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2012, 10:18:41 PM »
Serako opens her umbrella silently and walks to Angelo
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2012, 02:13:09 PM »
I drop my cigarette to the ground and put it out with my shoe.

"So, any plans for life after death?"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2012, 08:25:51 PM »
Serako turns to him gravely.  "I do not plan to die tonight, do you?"  She eyes his bat.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2012, 12:20:55 AM »
I grin at her.  "Not a chance in hell.  That's why I asked about life after the point at which we're supposed to die."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2012, 12:28:42 AM »
Serako sighs, her mind on something else, and asks Angelo: "Did you get that bat from H A?"

"As for plans, probably not a lot.  I'll keep working.  Maybe get married.  Maybe start a family...  Depends~"
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2012, 12:35:36 AM »
I laugh.  "I found the bat next to my bed this morning.  Perhaps the crazy fairy left it and took one of my teeth."

I sigh.  "As for me...I don't really have plans.  I'm in graduate school, so I guess I'll finish that.  I...don't really know.  Hell, I'm only in graduate school at all because I didn't know where to go after college.  I'll probably try for a professorship, I guess?  Maybe not."  I laugh, hollowly.  "I'm kind of worthless, really.  At least, that's what everyone tells me when they leave."

Pausing a bit, I realize I've been exposing a bit more than I should.  "Ah, well.  At least it's a beautiful night.  Peaceful, quiet.  I wish things could stay this peaceful forever...or, at least, for a while."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2012, 11:08:27 PM »
Serako leans against a pole.  "Maybe that's why we were both chosen for this.  It seems like we were both just flowing through life doing what other people said to do...  believing that there was no worth or merit to what we were doing.  For what it's worth, I don't believe you to be worthless."  She offers him a smile.

"When we get out of this, you should try to do something you want.  Heh...  Look at me telling you to do that, that's kinda funny, in an ironic way.

I don't know you well, but I know you are an interesting individual.  I wish you luck finding what you want to do."
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2012, 11:45:22 PM »
I chuckle, softly.  "Do what I want?  Ah...sometimes, I don't think I know what that is."

I pull out my cigarettes.  "You mind?"