Author Topic: Nintendo/Zelda Campaign Revival/New Start  (Read 31702 times)

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Nintendo/Zelda Campaign Revival/New Start
« on: December 08, 2017, 03:34:54 AM »
So 5 years ago I started a Nintendo-based campaign (two actually but the second died kinda fast). As you can see nobody has posted anything in some 10 months so this one's kinda dead at the moment.

However recently with the launch of the Switch and playing Zelda Breath of the Wild, I would really enjoy re-visiting this concept.
(click to show/hide)

Or who knows maybe the last remaining players get renewed interest, we get fresh replacements now that we actually have players able to register again, and continue the previous game.

So, anyone interested? Old players also feel free to chime in what went wrong/right from their perspective to help this go better.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo/Zelda Campaign Revival/New Start
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 03:41:31 AM »
I mean I pushed for the revival last time.

Gosh dang it Anomander/Nanshork/DrEmporer  :shakefist

Whether you want to continue or start over with that new setting of BotW prequel I'd be so hella into it. I've been kinda dabbling in BotW too recently~

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 02:23:20 PM »
I wanted to join in as a Link copy but never got an intro and then things died.  :(

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 02:40:12 PM »
I'm interested.
*Gets shot*
I understand.

But seriously though this gives me a chance to either try something else out (cause there's other things I wanna do character wise) or even finally put that fairypixie vampire to work.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:24:38 PM by YuweaCurtis »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 03:59:21 PM »
I can't speak for anyone else as to why things died, but Jeremy just didn't work for me.  Pokemaster wasn't bad but I honestly felt like he was too much work for me as well as you (Os). 

I forgot how much I don't like playing spellcasters when I turned him into a buffer to try and retain his personality.  Honestly the game was great for awhile.  I think starting over new would be better than rebooting (again).  I'd be up for it.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 05:25:52 PM »
Fair enough. A start over may be good then.

I know I had no idea what to do with my deku if it ever lvled was just screwing around -_-'

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 05:37:46 PM »
I'm gonna be honest, I'm interested, but my ideas thus far are "Minish Warlock" and "Goron Bard." Just need to figure out the appropriate race for each.  :???
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 07:20:35 PM »
Hm...interesting.

Would prospective characters need to be based on existing Zelda themes, or would stuff from Nintendo's toybox that could fit in the setting also be welcomed?
I want to be born. To live. That is all I want. -Aura

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 08:36:50 PM »
Nice, quite a bit of interest so far.

Fresh start seems to be the most popular option so I'll refine the plans for that.

I was thinking starting lv 6, PCs can start strong but not yet reality-warping. Or lv4/2 if players want to keep things more simple and start more on the underdog side.

I wanted to join in as a Link copy but never got an intro and then things died.  :(

Ow, sorry about that, you posted your chracter but somehow I got the impression you weren't ready yet so never made an intro scene. :blush

Well you could finally get to use your Link copy this time.

I'm interested.
*Gets shot*
I understand.

But seriously though this gives me a chance to either try something else out (cause there's other things I wanna do character wise) or even finally put that fairypixie vampire to work.
Fairies are common enough in Zelda, vampires not so much in my memory, but assorted undeads are common too guess we could make it work as some uniquish corruption/curse (unless you remember a Nintendo franchise that has vampires).

I'm gonna be honest, I'm interested, but my ideas thus far are "Minish Warlock" and "Goron Bard." Just need to figure out the appropriate race for each.  :???

Prime32 made some nice Goron race stats here (plus Zora and Deku and Kokiri), all of which are approved (although I would be fine with refluffing something else). For Minish, may I suggest my inchling?

Hm...interesting.

Would prospective characters need to be based on existing Zelda themes, or would stuff from Nintendo's toybox that could fit in the setting also be welcomed?
Pretty much anything from Nintendo ok a la super smash brothers. The original party had a metroid space pirate and not-Kirby and a pokemon trainer in pseudo-Zelda setting. You can always claim "portals/my ship crashed".

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 09:50:55 PM »
Sounds interesting. I had nothing to do with the original, of course.

I also have no character concept right now. I'll have to think about it. Maybe some obscure race from zelda somewhere?

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 10:07:15 PM »
I might see about something like that Space Pirate then. A Samus-type either using the Metroid Incarnum (never actually used it) or maybe your Moon Vanguard assuming it has been kept up to date with your SRW updates.

Another option might be that 'caster' out of the Tome of Radiance....has been about a year since I got to mess with that. And there's all kind of easy fluff points for a light using mage.

Offline Falkonus

• Lurker
  • Much to do... Much to learn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 10:58:30 PM »
I'd be interested in joining if there's room.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2017, 01:09:42 AM »
Oh gosh the Tome of Radiance I've been wanting to use that for the longest time.

Oh my gosh maybe I'll make a cross between a Deku Scrub and Vash the Stampede preaching Love & Peace to everything and everyone and blasting sparkles and rainbows and bubbles~!!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2017, 01:29:24 AM »
I'm always willing to throw my vote behind someone using the Metroid as Incarnum system (although technically you want Power of Cybernetics, it's basically MaI 2.0) because it's my favorite Incarnum overhaul.

I think I would maybe be a Morphling? Offhand it feels like the most Nintendo thing on the list of stuff I want to play but haven't from my signature.

Os, Nintendo has vampires from Castlevania (more than just Dracula although not extensively so as far as I'm aware).

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2017, 02:05:04 AM »
When people say Tome of Radiance they mean this, right?

Sounds interesting. I had nothing to do with the original, of course.

I also have no character concept right now. I'll have to think about it. Maybe some obscure race from zelda somewhere?
Oocca? (please don't).

I might see about something like that Space Pirate then. A Samus-type either using the Metroid Incarnum (never actually used it) or maybe your Moon Vanguard assuming it has been kept up to date with your SRW updates.
Well the Moon Vanguard directly links to the SRW rules so yes up to date.

I'd be interested in joining if there's room.

This isn't first come, first served. I'll eventually set a deadline and then the best finished sheets present will make the party.

I'm always willing to throw my vote behind someone using the Metroid as Incarnum system (although technically you want Power of Cybernetics, it's basically MaI 2.0) because it's my favorite Incarnum overhaul.

I think I would maybe be a Morphling? Offhand it feels like the most Nintendo thing on the list of stuff I want to play but haven't from my signature.
I trust that too.

Os, Nintendo has vampires from Castlevania (more than just Dracula although not extensively so as far as I'm aware).
Castlevania's not a Nintendo 1st party or exclusive, been in plenty of other consoles (in my heart it will always be a Megadrive title). Didn't even show up in a SSB game.  :shakefist

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 02:15:23 AM »

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 02:23:46 AM »
When people say Tome of Radiance they mean this, right?

yeah, that's it. Fun system, and with my only other instance of it having had less than a chapter of screentime...it's on my list of things to use more. Same with the Moon Vanguard really. Something I was able to start playing, got some enjoyment from it, and then the game died abruptly. Such a shame.

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 05:23:51 AM »
Currently I am thinking of doing some kind of knight/melee type charecter. Using this, probably. And Wild Cohort. And some kind of interesting Demi-human or Bloodline. Maybe.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2017, 10:16:03 AM »
Still unsure what I want to play, but seeing most my other ideas are being somewhat touched on, and this needs looking at, how about this?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?362608

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2017, 12:32:33 PM »
I was thinking starting lv 6, PCs can start strong but not yet reality-warping. Or lv4/2 if players want to keep things more simple and start more on the underdog side.
I'm fine with 6, it's still on the underdog side :p