Author Topic: Full spell list  (Read 87123 times)

Offline PlzBreakMyCampaign

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
    • View Profile
Re: Full spell list
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2014, 04:17:15 PM »
I take it you don't use excel. Don't duplicate the work. You already having a list of all spells that the various classes can cast, it's just not formatted correctly.

All we have to do is split up the cell that contains all the casting lists with their level and voila it becomes another sortable criteria. I guess I'll go whore for some excel macro help in Q&A...

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2014, 10:36:35 PM »
Never really needed it before. My wife does, and had to help when making a chart about selling my car :P
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline KellKheraptis

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Temporal Dissonance Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2015, 09:12:28 PM »
-casts Raise Thread-

Got a question : I have a couple freebie subdomains knocking around, and as long as these don't exceed bandwidth limits when put up as a post/table, I could probably convert the entirety of the xls files into a searchable database within a WordPress install.  If this would be a helpful resource (and I would nofollow and noindex the unholy fuck out of it to prevent Google from seeing it, and by extension, the Edition Nazis that nuked dndtools), let me know and I'll see about building it.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2015, 12:40:32 AM »
Sure.... I haven't touched 3.x in awhile. PFS is what's going on right now. But might jump into an old pvp gladiator reboot
- All Spells
- playground

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2015, 11:01:13 AM »
Sure.... I haven't touched 3.x in awhile. PFS is what's going on right now. But might jump into an old pvp gladiator reboot

interesting. no one i game with will touch pathfinder. they pick 3.x over pathfinder every time that discussion comes up. despite that i've mentioned it a couple of times to at least try it out, no one is interested.

Offline KellKheraptis

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2015, 09:40:50 PM »
That being said, PlzBreakMyCampaign can you PM me the most recent versions of the xls files?  I've already got the subdomain put together with a decent responsive theme on WordPress - just need to start the process of porting content (and seeing how I want to do the sorting - most likely by tag and category).

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2015, 01:02:20 PM »
if i want human interaction in a town i have little human contact with.... i had to go PFS.

had a couple 3.x groups that collapsed a couple years ago
- All Spells
- playground

Offline The_Laughing_Man

• 笑い男
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2015, 06:53:19 PM »
I created .csv version from the Captnq's THE SPELL BOOK days back, that maybe useful to you. At least I've had fun with it :)

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2015, 08:57:27 PM »
That being said, PlzBreakMyCampaign can you PM me the most recent versions of the xls files?  I've already got the subdomain put together with a decent responsive theme on WordPress - just need to start the process of porting content (and seeing how I want to do the sorting - most likely by tag and category).
I hope you're happy with yourself: I just poured another 8 hours into the thing. I rewrote the entire macro that I couldn't get much help with. Then I wrote a cleanup one. I tested each entry after redoing the original sort several times. Ug what a load of work. So PM me with instructions on getting this to you.

In my opinion, WotC needs to make crunch entries in a spreadsheet format natively if they want to be taken seriously. How else is someone going to instantly know all the xth level things for class y and z?

Edit: wordpress? Why would you want it in any other format besides a spreadsheet?

Offline KellKheraptis

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2015, 11:18:10 PM »
I hope you're happy with yourself: I just poured another 8 hours into the thing. I rewrote the entire macro that I couldn't get much help with. Then I wrote a cleanup one. I tested each entry after redoing the original sort several times. Ug what a load of work. So PM me with instructions on getting this to you.

In my opinion, WotC needs to make crunch entries in a spreadsheet format natively if they want to be taken seriously. How else is someone going to instantly know all the xth level things for class y and z?

Edit: wordpress? Why would you want it in any other format besides a spreadsheet?

WordPress - index and categorize all the things.  Anything you can do in Excel/Calc, you can do better with the wizardry of Taxonomy :)

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2015, 02:24:59 PM »
So it can check inside cells for a certain row and then output the minimum or maximum single number it found? That would be very useful for finding spell level ranges.

PS. I'm done on the cleanup side, although I don't fully trust A) the original source (some mistakes) B) my massive data input into excel and C) my softing. I mean, I can't find any more mistakes, but I have slight suspicions.

Offline sollyus

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2018, 12:52:48 PM »
I'm preparing the spell list to be inserted in a database, and making the adjustments are taking a long time...

So, I've found more than 200 spells (268 to be precise) contained in the Captnq's THE SPELL BOOK and not contained in the zook1shoe's Spell list.
Including basic spells like Bull's Strength. Can anyone confirm that I'm not confusing things? I'm asking because it seems a bit odd...

Also, Kelgore's Fire Bolt was wrongly named as "Kelgore's Fire Mist".

« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 12:29:23 PM by sollyus »

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2020, 12:48:07 PM »
here is a refresh for the link to my dropbox

figured after a few years, i should re-upload them. i haven't touched them since
- All Spells
- playground

Offline sollyus

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2020, 02:42:11 PM »
here is a refresh for the link to my dropbox

figured after a few years, i should re-upload them. i haven't touched them since

Shouldn't this zip contain the spellsV5 file?

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 13, 2020, 03:32:19 AM »
I'll check it out during the day
- All Spells
- playground

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2020, 09:00:28 PM »
the "All" one is the v5.0
- All Spells
- playground

Offline the_dark_wad

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2021, 01:34:50 PM »
Hmmm, are you sure that this is the full document? The "All" file you mentioned is only a page long...

In any case, do you happen to have a key for what abbreviations you are using for which books? I'm trying to track down some spells in "PGSL", but I can't figure out what book PGSL is!

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 23, 2021, 02:39:36 PM »
PGSL is Kingdom of Kalamar's Player's Guide to the Sovereign Lands

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile