Author Topic: The Small Rant Thread V - Now with 50% More RAGE  (Read 136979 times)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Small Rant Thread V - Now with 50% More RAGE
« Reply #420 on: June 21, 2013, 10:43:27 PM »
I want to, but cannot seem to, find the discography of the (Japanese) band Labor Day, which did Cyclone Effect and Extreme Dream.  :(

I also cannot seem to get my computer to properly run Japanese games. Mostly because I cannot seem to install Japanese support properly. I need the freaking Xp 2002 SP3 BRAZILLIAN version. Urgh.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 10:58:21 PM by Kuroimaken »
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #421 on: June 26, 2013, 06:07:41 PM »
erg, just read a very disappointing fb post from a close friend.

basically comparing homosexuality to animals eating their own feces.

ima have to hit em with a rock like his bible tells me to (he shaves and cuts his hair)
The goal of power is power. - 1984
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow
The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 26, 2013, 06:14:27 PM »

basically comparing homosexuality to animals eating their own feces.

ima have to hit em with a rock like his bible tells me to (he shaves and cuts his hair)

Please make the rock bigger than him.

Also, I want to murder someone for saying it's bad storytelling to not start D&D characters at level 1, because apparently you should roleplay their entire backstory or something. Did I mention that he called five different people bad at storytelling because of this in one post?

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 26, 2013, 07:32:26 PM »
Oh hey, another "pure RP hurr durr" retard.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
« Reply #424 on: June 26, 2013, 08:08:09 PM »

I used to think that a large portion of the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory came from anonymity, but people are just as willing to air their dirty laundry on Twitter and Facebook (with their real names and faces no less).

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 27, 2013, 04:11:13 PM »
Interesting turn of events.  You'll recall the new doc took me off the beta blocker i was taking for my blood pressure and I had an 'incident'.  She's decided my blood pressure, potasium deficiency and spinal issues are imaginary despite there being physical evidence for all of the above.  So she's not refilling any of my meds with the exception of my diabetes.  Called old doc and he nearly lost his shit.  Have appointment for blood tests next week to see how bad things are and then I get more meds.   Assuming I dont go into hospital in meantime.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 27, 2013, 04:30:22 PM »
Isn't that malpractice?

Or does that not apply to outright ignoring your patient's symptoms?
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 27, 2013, 04:55:39 PM »
Isn't that malpractice?

Definitely grounds for a lawsuit...

Then again, I think I recall bhu mentioning something to the effect of doctors not getting paid well for chronic conditions.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 27, 2013, 04:58:34 PM »
She scheduled me for blood pressure tests weekly since she originally took me off the beta blocker, but I was still taking a calcium channel blocker.  She scheduled me right after I took me meds daily so my bp was 130-135 over 90.  When I took it later in the day it was 145 over 90-95.  She aid bloodwork showed my potassium was normal, but conveniently ignored that that's because i'm taking 2 M20 tabs of potassium twice a day.  Knows I have arthritis in my spine and demanded i show her proof or my degenerative disc disease despite knowing it's real, but the diagnosis is about 6 years out of date because I've been unable to afford to return to doc.  She just suddenly seems combative and obstructionist.  It's like I pissed in her open mouth or something.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 27, 2013, 05:01:30 PM »
Isn't that malpractice?

Definitely grounds for a lawsuit...

Then again, I think I recall bhu mentioning something to the effect of doctors not getting paid well for chronic conditions.

Your thinking of the local mental health services.  If you have no money the state will pay them to see you, but only so long as you're getting better.  There's a time limit.  Unless you're declared a threat to yourself or others (which is rare) or are put on psychotropic medication, which by state law requires you to be monitored by both a therapist and a psychiatrist.  Then the state will pay for you forever.

Guess how many of their patients are on psychotropics? 

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 27, 2013, 05:51:53 PM »
Why the F :fu-bomb did I go on "vacation"?

To hear relatives I haven't seen in 10 years
(and won't for another) say over and over:
"Here try the banana pudding."

(No really that happened like 30+ times in 5 days)

Elfcest =  :lmao ... no more vay-kay for me.

Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 27, 2013, 10:48:22 PM »
Going to the doc again tomorrow.  Hopefully he'll finally be able to figure out what's going on with my abdominal and other pains (or at least order cheap tests to figure out what's going on), and if I actually do get on the right meds I'l see about getting a job or something.  Damn I wish I could think clearly lately, but the tingling sensation around my face and head is also a headache that really makes things difficult right now...

For Bhu, who the fuck does your new doctor think she is?  If you've got problems and certain medications actually treat them well then don't fuck around with that!

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 28, 2013, 12:48:34 AM »
She had a minor point with the beta blocker.  I have asthma.  Beta blockers and rescue inhalers can be a potentially fatal combo.  She also said doctors prefer patients with diabetes and high bp on an ACE inhibitor like Lisinopril.  But Lisinopril causes you to retain potassium, so I see why she took me off it.  What I don't get is her sudden insistence that all my problems are imaginary, and she wouldnt be putting me on lisinopril or my old meds.  She has ample evidence of the back problems and bp.

Then again maybe she just wants rid of me and figures if she's an arrogant bitch I'll just go away.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 28, 2013, 01:54:19 PM »
 :banghead :banghead :banghead

I met a girl a few years ago in college.  To put some perspective on her, she's not even mature enough to drive.  So what does she do?  She gets knocked up a year ago or more (definitely wasn't me.  I can be friends with a girl like that, but as Ron White said "You can't fix stupid.") and is now complaining that she doesn't have a car to get her baby to a hospital to get checked out.  And I think her fiancee has bailed on her or just doesn't care and such.  Wondering if I should have given him a piece of my mind when I heard they were going at it without protection.  Jeez, if you can't take care of a baby, don't screw around without protection and such!  Oh wait, can't be bothered to get birth control?  Don't have sex until you can be responsible enough to do so!   :rolleyes

And yeah, I've been told the girl will almost certainly become more mature through having to take care of her child, but I just don't see it happening with this girl.  And for some reason she thinks I can do something when I have said several times I live across town, don't have regular access to a car, and am not even up to driving lately because of my medical issues.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 01:57:44 PM by Jackinthegreen »

Offline 123456789blaaa

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Not very active here but still active online
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 28, 2013, 06:24:37 PM »
Sometimes I really friggin hate how thin-skinned I am. A single indication of anger from someone I respect and like online can make me depressed for friggin DAYS. If I don't get closure (like them saying it's fine after I apologize or whatever) than it stays with me for the rest of my life. These embarrassments and horrible feelings keep piling up over my life. I keep having to fight them off and try and distract myself with other thoughts whenever something that reminds me of them comes up.

It's tiring.

Please, call me Count :).

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #435 on: June 28, 2013, 07:35:49 PM »
Sometimes I really friggin hate how thin-skinned I am. A single indication of anger from someone I respect and like online can make me depressed for friggin DAYS. If I don't get closure (like them saying it's fine after I apologize or whatever) than it stays with me for the rest of my life. These embarrassments and horrible feelings keep piling up over my life. I keep having to fight them off and try and distract myself with other thoughts whenever something that reminds me of them comes up.

It's tiring.
Been there.

Distraction helps, but isn't the answer.

Acceptance is. People are flawed(including me/you). People have their own views of life. People screw up.

And then you get the choice, do you give in to the anger and try to fight/hide from it?

Or do you simply acept that people are bound to get angry and screw up now and then?

Only just some things are actually worth geting angry about in your limited lifetime.

So, when you feel the anger start to rising up, just let it flow trough you, and go do something productive: do some room cleaning, go wash some dishes/laundry, make some exercise, physical or homework. It'll make you feel better. Trust me.

Writing what's on your mind whitout showing it to anyone else helps too. Personal diaries are wonderful friends to share your problems with.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 28, 2013, 09:08:32 PM »
Four words: It's too damn hot.

Also, my doc is thinking it's my gallbladder that's been causing me grief.  To find out if it is will likely cost me about $500.  Better than the EGD at least.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:57:45 PM by Jackinthegreen »

Offline TravelLog

• Gunslinger, Descendent of Eld
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 29, 2013, 04:46:14 AM »
Had my gallbladder removed last year. Glad I did, because the lead up was horrendous. The worst part though was when, in agony and right before surgery, the doctor slaps me in the stomach.
Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be.
--Miguel de Cervantes

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 29, 2013, 04:07:20 PM »
Gaahhh!!!!
I just got hit with a new weenie filter restriction.
WTF and why?

:-\
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 01, 2013, 06:46:13 PM »
The good news is the cost of my EGD is $825 compared to the $2400 my dad thought it was going to be.  The bad news is it's still over $800, but at least it's more manageable.