Author Topic: High End IC Episode I- Towards a Better Tomorrow  (Read 177059 times)

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
Re: High End IC Episode I- Towards a Better Tomorrow
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2013, 03:56:12 PM »
Yes, you uppity overgrown ape !
HEAR ME ROAR, MAMMAL, I AM THE DEADLIEST AIRBORN PREDATOR THAT EVER WAS, FOR I AM A DRAG-

He stopped mid-rant, as well as his own marching band, which was playing an ominous threatening tune, as Abraxas saw the little girl right at his feet.
Who let a civilian entered this part of the ship ? Children have nothing to do with robot hanger bays : many dangers lie there.
< You were right, they seem to be completly daft on THIS ship. They let anyone enter the bay ! > He thought, broadcasting to Amaterasu.
The pseudo-dragon swooped in,  stopping in front of the little princess.
Be Not Afraid, lil' colonist girl! We are here to help you and find your familly. I, Abraxas the Dread Wyrm-Admiral, promise we will do anything to save them. So long as you put in a good word to those foxy civilian momas...
His eyes were now mischevious, as he slowly winked.
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2013, 04:03:14 PM »
Amaterasu snorted. 'Deadliest airborn predator'? Please, spare her the lies. She could take the things if push came to shove, and a tiny little thing like that was hardly going to be sufficient to cow her with tales of how his ancestors were mighty rulers of everything that they surveyed. There were probably oversized worms stronger than dragons.

The half-bird sprouted vast wings, beating them and ascending just barely into the air with a sound suspiciously like a gale--an owl she was not--before shrinking down to a mere half her height, hovering in the air before descending downwards to land beside her friend, "Sorry about that, we had a disagreement about moving my mecha."

Behind her, the vast mecha shifted itself into action, stepping over the crew members and doing what they'd wanted it to do in the first place.

(click to show/hide)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2013, 04:13:21 PM »
"It really is too soon to be getting into a fight..." Katherine mutters with a bit of worry in her tone. "Come on Ammy, its not like the little thing could have anything that could really hurt Yata, right?" she said as Amaterasu came down near her. The little girl rushed past her suddenly now with a muffled exclamation of cuteness toward the dragon and Katherine couldn't help but to nod and agree in tandem. "It IS cute, isn't it. Like, you kinda want to pet it, no?"

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2013, 04:35:04 PM »
"...Oy."

Hugo had to question the wisdom of disparaging the captain of a ship inside said ship. But hey, no harm no foul, right? It's not like they'd done anything really disruptive.

"...Excuse me, folks. My card."

A chibified version of his countenance in a card floated in front of the faces of Katherine, Amaterasu and Abraxas.

It read: "Hugo Lotushand, intelligence agent and intergalatic man of mystery."

Curiously, a different card appeared in front of Baha. It was the same design, but instead it read: "Rocky, Candyman for the Stars"
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2013, 04:40:40 PM »
Baha giggles are the tiny dragon floating before her and reaches out to hug him.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2013, 08:17:38 AM »
Min-Yung entered the docking bay at a steady pace, her attention apparently half focused on her visor's screen as one of her hands seemed to zealously be typing upon some sort of invisible keyboard at her side. Once she estimates that she is close enough to people to have proper interactions without the need to raise her voice, she waves the keyboard away and her visor becomes transparent again.
She seemed in good spirits.

"Greetings, applicants!"
She glanced over the organized hive-work as the vessel's crew transferred the equipment, staring at their labor for an instant, then at the gigantic humanoid-like robot, apparently impressed.

"I see no means were spared to make this operation a success. A great relief."
She tried to process a series of potential small-talk subjects for socializing with strangers but it seemed none of her AI personality components had been programmed to be efficient at such a human-like activity.
She noticed some new faces. It didn't seem to matter that one of them didn't even seem old enough to be out of elementary school, probably because androids came in so many models that appearances held little to no meaning.
"Ah, salutations. I am MIN-YUNG, humanoid interface of the R0S-3774 MK. IV. I am to be your shield on Ragol."

She raised her palm.
"I would give my frequency to those of you who own a transmitter so that we may communicate within a few miles with greater ease down there."

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2013, 01:06:52 PM »
The manoeuver succeeded, as the Wyrm-Admiral was utterly suprised by the Princess'move.
The little pseudo-dragon was in fact not very agreable to pet, thanks to his medals and the sword at his side on the way.
And it was not pleased as well.
Little one, would you please release me RIGHT NOW, and never do that again ?I am not a pet. he hissed.
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2013, 01:25:41 PM »
"It's a dragon; why would I want to pet it? It would probably try and take my fingers off," the mercenary argued, grabbing the mysterious floating card, reading it, and then immolating the thing, "I guess, since everyone else is doing it, we should introduce ourselves..."

Resuming her larger size, the winged girl took to the air, flying up to sit on her mecha's shoulder and grinning down at the assembled forces: "My name is Amaterasu. If your initial piloting instruction was with the Hunter's Guild or you've read up on the Devastation War, you probably know who I am."

Her ego or her body: which was bigger?

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2013, 03:23:33 PM »
Because it's small and pocket-sized..." Katherine mumbled back as Amaterasu went off an introduced herself. She grabbed Hugo's card from out of the air before her, playing with it a bit in curiosity before pocketing it.

"Some one has a sense of humor." she commented at Hugo. Following Amaterasu's lead, she took to introducing herself as well. "Ah, Katherine Matr Yoshka," she said to the room as she gave a salute, "Professional Pirate Hunter, when I'm on the clock. Always happy to lend a hand where needed in other matters, of course, as well."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2013, 03:38:19 PM »
Katerine finds there's suddenly a small, round-ish doll with her appearance floating in front of her.

(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2013, 03:53:31 PM »
Baha let's go of the cute little dragon, "Fly draggy, be free!"

Bowing to Katherine Baha introduces her self, "I'm Princess Bangelina Aontessa Helsiana Ancesca the Third, but you can call me Baha". She points to the men that came with her, "And they are my best friends, Rocky and Blue. They have lots of candy. Pointing to the rest of the people in the room, "That's my pet hufflepuff, and the tall lady is meanypants."
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 04:37:44 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2013, 06:42:27 PM »
"And I am Aden Ged, or Blue as the little Princess would have it. I will be covering the support role on our mission. On that subject, MIN-YUNG's suggestion is an excellent one. We should all sync communications devices. If anyone doesn't have one, I believe I put together some spares from parts the other day."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2013, 06:44:48 PM »
"Does being this tall and capable of shouting REALLY LOUD count as a communications device?"

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2013, 07:07:16 PM »
She had never felt the need to document herself further on the Devastation War than what she and her components had experienced of it and she never received instructions on piloting past her core and the regular updates, but she believed she had heard the name come up in discussions way back. She'd need to check up the chat logs, if she hadn't recycled them.

Either way she began creating profile files for each applicant. One hand it hand it could make it much easier, if not necessary, for her to properly determine how to interact with each of them and evacuate their aptitudes and weaknesses and, ultimately, who was expendable and who wasn't. It was... sad? maybe? that this last part was often an easier task than it should be.

Up until now her earliest calculations with what little data she had at her disposal determined that Aden, Katherine and perhaps Hugo were her priority units.
She made a short nod to the pirate hunter and proceeded to walk slowly to toward the ship's captain.
"May I to embark your vessel? I have no robot to send in, so the process should be swift."

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2013, 07:24:15 PM »
"Does being this tall and capable of shouting REALLY LOUD count as a communications device?"

"In situations where it is to our advantage for any being within several miles, including any enemies in the vicinity, to be included in our communications, it does. Otherwise, less so."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2013, 09:34:14 PM »
"Thanks for the reminder, Min - can I call you Min? The good captain has probably received an invoice request to board my unit by now as well. Attached to it are specific instructions on its maintenance and diagnostic procedures, many of which I will be performing myself. No offense, of course, but there's a great deal of classified data on its make and capabilities that would be preferrably kept secret." Hugo noted, tilting his head slightly as he looked over towards Amaterasu, as if teasing her about the incident moments earlier.

If Baha had a communications device, she would be getting a mail shortly.

Sometime later, everyone would be getting a mail as well.

"And with this, you fine folk have my communications data."

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2013, 10:51:39 PM »
It did not take her long to process the request. She had encountered countless precedents of humans seeking simpler and more familiar designations to call her by.
"Most certainly. You may also consider 'M4', 'R-0',  or 'Mao', because I am Many-As-One. Whichever is most convenient."

A blue hexagon would later pop up at the top left of her visor a she'd receive the message.
"Good."

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2013, 02:43:06 PM »
Her side buzzes and she pulls the lollipop out of her mouth and sticks it on giant-lady's mech to answer it.
"I got a friend request!" she exclaims and replies back her information accepting it.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2013, 02:49:21 PM »
"Well, aside from my voice, no; I don't have any communications device," the giant girl replied, shrugging and floating gracefully down to the ground. Meanwhile, the lollipop stuck onto the Yatagarasu began to meet a depressing, ignominious end; wavering in the field of energy that protected the machine and rapidly approaching the point where it would melt and then vaporise.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2013, 03:04:48 PM »
Aden produces a small device from a pocket in his sleeve, makes a few experimental taps on it and, seeming satisfied, offers it to Amaterasu. "This should serve nicely, I think. It's configured for voice activation, since the screen may be too small for easy use much of the time."

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 03:07:44 PM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »