Author Topic: Cannomorph, Shadurakul  (Read 2140 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Cannomorph, Shadurakul
« on: November 27, 2018, 02:10:06 AM »
Cannomorph, Shadurakul

HD:d10
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Feature
1 +1 +2 +2 +0 Shadurakul Body, Humanoid Form, Lesser Shadow Blend, +1 Str
2 +2 +3 +3 +0Scent, Lesser Bay, +1 Con, +1 Str
3 +3 +3 +3 +1Opportunistic Trip, Shadow Blend,  +1 Str
4 +4 +4 +4 +1Greater Bay, +1 Str
5 +5 +4 +4 +1On a Mission from The Shadow Plane, Command Shadow Mastiff, +1 Con, +1 Str
Skills: 4+int modifier per level, quadruple at first level. Class skills: Apraise, Balance, Climb, Craft, Disguise,  Intimidate, Gather Information, Jump, Knowledge(any), Listen,  Profession, Spot, Survival, Use Rope, Tumble

Proficiencies: Simples weapons, Light and Medium Armor,  Martial weapons, one Exotic weapon of its choice plus its own Natural Weapons.

Features:
Shadurakul Body: The Cannomorph, Shadurakul loses all other racial bonuses, and gains outsider traits (basically darkvision 60 feet) and the extraplanar subtype. It is medium outsider with a base speed of 40 feet and, a primary natural bite attack dealing 1d6+1,5 Str mod damage.  It also gains gains natural armor bonus equal to its Con bonus.

Humanoid Form: At will as a move action the canomorph can assume small or medium humanoid form at will. It retains its ability scores, extraordinary abilities and supernatural abilities and gains a +10 racial bonus to Disguise checks to pass as a humanoid. It loses its natural attacks and any extra movement speeds besides base speed, which becomes 30 feet for a medium form, or  20 feet for a small form. Equipment doesn't change along you.

Lesser Shadow Blend: During any conditions other than full daylight, the Cannomorph, Shadurakul can partially disappear into the shadows, giving it concealment. Artificial illumination, even a light or continual flame spell, does not negate this ability. A daylight spell, however, will.

Ability Score Increase: The Cannomorph, Shadurakul gains +1 Str at all levels, plus +1 Con at levels 2, 4 and 5, for a total of +5 Str, +3 Con at 5th level.

Scent: At 2nd level the Shadurakul gains the Scent extraordinary ability.

Lesser Bay: At 2nd level the Shadurakul  can as a standard action bay at a creature whitin 60 feet per class level plus 30 feet per other HD. If it is not an evil outsider, they must succeed on a Will save DC 10+1/2 HD+Con mod or become Shaken for 2d4 rounds. This is a sonic, mind-affecting effect. Whether or not the save is successful, an affected creature is immune to that shadurakul's bay for one day.

Opportunistic Trip: At 3rd level a Shadurakul that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent as a free action whitout making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip back. In addition the Shadurakul can now use its Dex mod instead of its Str mod in all Trip checks. Flying creatures tripped by the Shadurakul cannot move from their current position in the next round, even if they have magic flight. This cannot be used in Humanoid form.

Shadow Blend: At 3rd level during any conditions other than full daylight, the Cannomorph, Shadurakul can partially disappear into the shadows, giving it total concealment. Artificial illumination, even a light or continual flame spell, does not negate this ability. A daylight spell, however, will. This supersedes Lesser Shadow Blend.

Greater Bay: At 4th level creatures failing their save against the Shadurakul’s bay become panicked instead of Shaken. In addition while on humanoid form, the Shadurakul gains a racial bonus on Survival checks when tracking by Scent equal to its Shadurakul level plus half its other HD.

On a Mission from The Shadow Plane: Created by dark forces to serve as intelligent trackers and guardians, canomorphs often journey to the Material Plane to undertake demonic missions for their shadowy masters. At 5th level pick one of the following options. You can pick the other options by spending a feat in a 1-by-1 basis.
(click to show/hide)

Command Shadow Mastiff: At 5th level at will a  Cannomorph, Shadurakul can use Greater Command, except it only works against Shadow Mastiffs. Save DC 10+1/2 HD+Str mod. In addition Shadow Mastiffs will never voluntarily attack the  Cannomorph, Shadurakul from now on.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 09:50:51 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Archon

• View Profile
Re: Cannomorph, Shadurakul
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 08:01:17 AM »
... Shadow Blend and Lesser Shadow Blend seem to have the same effect?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 09:02:15 AM »
Right, the second Shadow Blend's supposed to give total concealment, fixed and thanks for the help!

Offline RegalKain

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 05:53:03 AM »
Ability Score Increase: The Cannomorph, Shadurakul gains +1 Str at all levels, plus +1 Con at levels 2, 4 and 5, for a total of +5 Dex, +3 Con at 5th level.

This should read- "for a total of +5 Str, +3 Con at 5th level." Or the table should give Dex bonuses instead and the first point should be. "gains +1 Dex at all levels,"

"In a mission from The Shadow Plane" I know you don't do little typos, but this reads better as "On a Mission from The Shadow Plane" though I could be wrong, there is also an extra Y in the word Often further into this same ability.

Brutal Bay- Neat-o an ability that actually uses Spread instead of Burst, score one for the home team!

Little nitpicks and spelling fixes that I saw mostly, I am a bit curious as to what Opportunistic Trip allows them to use their Dex mod, despite getting a +5 bonus to Str through out the class, hold over from copy/paste or just figured just in case their Dex is higher?

Looks good past that!

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 09:55:15 AM »
Typos should be fixed.

Opportunistic trip started as copy/paste but figured out it doesn't hurt being there if somebody wants to try a more Dex-focused build.

Glad to see people liking this one!