Author Topic: The Basileus is dead!  (Read 18908 times)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: The Basileus is dead!
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2016, 10:49:57 AM »
How amenable are you to changing that knowing that it sits flavorfully for me to give the feat to any Macedonian as a lightning bolt that he could toss at the party.
Flavor is mutable. And you're wanting to bump the healing to 1d6/charge, max 1/2 ECL charges, 400ft right? *shrugs* sure.

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2016, 11:08:47 AM »
Risada I like it,  I was going to cry if I didn't get someone wielding a spear and shield.  I want to see how it compares to other characters.  It might lack a little bit of range though which is oddly appropriate for the fall of hoplite warfare.  I have no problem, with switching maneuvers out.  So a Warblade with tiger claw, white raven and, devoted spirit (is that where the shield maneuvers are?).  Or do you want to switch out the Crusader recovery mechanic to the warblade with those maneuvers?

It's going to be Warblade with the following Disciplines: White Raven, Devoted Spirit, Tiger Claw, Iron Heart (for Wall of Shields Blades... I need to somehow fit in Improved Shield Bash) and Diamond Mind, giving up on Stone Dragon.

Is it okay with you?

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2016, 03:12:08 PM »
Yay 3 skeletons to work with.  I'm shooting for 5 people to start.  I've seen too many play by posts die due to players disappearing.

If you're still looking for more players, I've got a couple ideas kicking around that might be fun, and the campaign concept seems cool too. :)

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
  • Neither genius nor savant, mostly just confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2016, 04:56:48 PM »
Same here, Greek and Egyptian mythology are my favorites. If there is something still open, I can have a sheet ready in a day, two at the most.
Smile beautiful. It's not as bad as you think.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline Dr_emperor

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2016, 06:29:12 PM »
geniussavant
VennDygrem
I'm actually hoping to get two more from what I've seen of play by posts two people will disappear randomly when the game starts so if you'd like to post ideas please do. I'm willing to DM for up to 6.  Will start with 4. 

SorO_Lost
I was talking about the laser, though I find it a fair compromise if both the laser and the healing follow the similar rules. 

oslecamo
I think you meant mastery not perfection.  I'm gonna stick to my original to me it fits as a gestalt class.  If it seems hamstrung when we start playing we'll revisit.
God Mastery- Once per day per HD you can take 10 on any one skill check, ability check, caster level check or turning check you perform. This takes no action but you need to choose to use this ability before actually rolling the dice. You need at least Divine Rank 6 and God Skill to pick this ability. If you have 20 or more HD, then you can choose to use this ability after seeing the result of this roll.

God Perfection- Once per day per HD you can maximize any one roll you perform (except level up HD). This takes no action but you need to choose to use this ability before actually rolling the dice. On the case of attack rolls, you don't automatically suceed to hit the enemy, threaten a crit or activate any other ability of a natural 20, but you can roll a die in separate anyway to see if you do. You need at least Divine Rank 16 and God Mastery to pick this ability. If you have 20 HD or more, you can choose to use this ability after seeing the result of your roll.

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2016, 10:52:30 PM »
Level 6 gestalt with a tie to Greek/ Persian/ Egyptian mythology is the character guidelines right?

How about a Warforged artificer/ something?

Created by daedalus as an assistant to help I his workshop and released when daedalus died.

Maybe iron golem
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 11:39:51 PM by geniussavant »
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2016, 10:23:41 AM »
Sheet is on the way... Will try to finish this by tomorrow...

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 10:35:27 AM by Risada »

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2016, 03:13:52 PM »
okay so you approved the Tome of Radiance, cool. Now I just need to work out what class to entwine Champion with.

Most likely a simple Ranger, although Scout could be a good Skillful alternative.
As for race...might just go human since Archer types tend to be feat heavy.
I want to be born. To live. That is all I want. -Aura

Offline Dr_emperor

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2016, 04:15:32 PM »
geniussavant

I'm not liking iron golem.  24 Str, 16 starting, nets 10 more armor than your friends can get reasonably.  Combined with unstoppable it puts you off the random number generator compared to the party.

(click to show/hide)

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2016, 04:18:49 PM »
Are you good with Warforged? That was my original idea anyways and doesn't have the balance issue.

Offline Dr_emperor

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2016, 06:29:57 PM »
Sure I like the idea.

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2016, 08:16:28 PM »
Okay, are there any gestalt restrictions in play?

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2016, 10:49:24 AM »
Okay, so aside from a few technical bits. (Basically making 6 spells from these various illumination components) I only really have 1 other thing to do.

Get gear.

On that note, WBL or what? I may have overlooked it but money didn't seem to be addressed.

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2016, 12:00:53 PM »
Trying to decide whether to go artificer/ warblade our artificer/ duskblade. Anyone have any input? Basically plan to craft ask night long while everyone is sleeping and wade into melee during combat. Warblade would likely be stronger mechanically, while duskblade would give me a few spells to use outside of what I craft.

Speaking of crafting, if anyone wants me to, and Dr emperor is okay with it, I can craft anything the party needs.

Offline Dr_emperor

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2016, 12:10:45 PM »

geniussavant.
I think the duskblade has more ranged options and I think Risada went psuedo warblade.   I'll be fine with crafting.   Of course then again this idea was something I really liked for a friend who wanted to try homebrew disciplines.

On Gestalt restrictions what do you mean?

Rekmond
Standard 6th level.  No more than half on one item   The game will likely have common low level magic but rare high level stuff.

I think this is going to end up a very versatile party.

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2016, 12:52:25 PM »
Well, with the nice little advantage of not needing to buy/enhance weapons and armor for myself, I have more money for the fun stuff. (Although shiny and awesome swords are usually fun...)

anyways, here's the basic sheet for my Champion of The Light (still need to spend gold and finish my Illuminations)
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=846460

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2016, 01:39:24 PM »
Was talking about any combos you don't want us gestalt. I've had games that didn't allow more than one prc at a time, or dual casting, among other things.

Looks like I'll go duskblade unless I think of something else by the end of the day.

Is everyone okay with me using poisons? Not a requirement for the build, but the occasional use could help out in melee. And I'm immune. I won't be using minor creation to make them.

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2016, 02:08:16 PM »
Poisons are fine by me, as long as you aid me by crafting what supplements I might need.

Cloak of Charisma and a Ring of Sustenance are probably the only items I really NEED that I can afford right now.

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2016, 03:20:42 PM »
I should be able to handle the cloak, I don't have craft ring yet.

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2016, 04:03:55 PM »
I should be able to handle the cloak, I don't have craft ring yet.

I would've been quite surprised if you did. It's a nice cheap item anyways. Really not sure what else to buy. Suppose I could put actual +1 enhancements onto my Device and Costume.

Although if you did go artificer you would be able to do +2 at this level.

6K total if you enchant them to +2 for me, 2.5 K for the ring, and the Cloak would be 2 or 4 K depending if you can craft it or not.  Either way, I can still afford them and have some coin left over.