Author Topic: WoNPM Beginning of Exile  (Read 16363 times)

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dnd-wiki.org
Re: WoNPM Beginning of Exile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2015, 11:32:11 PM »
Bad at humor?  But he...oh whatever!
(click to show/hide)

To answer your question, Shining Enlightenment said to Bianca with a proud smile, Yes, you become a Prinny when you die, but only if you are one of the faithful.  You have to pray to one of the gods, or upon death, your soul will be sucked into the wall of souls and you will-Shut up! Vessy shouted with noticeable fury. 
(click to show/hide)
Yes, turning calmly back to Bianca, what pony-boy was saying is true.  Now you wanted to know about the stone?  It is a shard from a weapon of a god of destruction.  The weapon's name is the Psiomega.  It along with the Hypernova, are responsible with the destruction of numerous worlds.  When ever the two swords fight over something, that said thing becomes two, one good and one evil.  That's what happened to the original owner.  Now what it plans on doing here, or how it got here, I don't know, but it can't be anything good.  Vessy remains quiet and looks off into the distance while her scythe looks back and forth between Bianca and Shining Enlightenment with a look of concern.
Signature here.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2015, 05:39:49 AM »
Oh boy.  Key must have sensed Bianca's nervousness on the situation growing hot, as she made her way over to listen closer.

"Huh.  Alright, so the rock's a piece of an oogy sword of opposed alignments, with a negative effect on the localized environment.  Sounds like a fun bunch?  A little more... one, being the lip service thing, that's important if I plan to avoid being a brick in a twisted wall thing.  And the other thing is... so, where do you come in with this evil sword shard thing?  What's it to you?"

Key bumped Bianca on the shoulder and whispered to her.  "It's possible we may be immune, depending on how the translation during worldhopping went, but we probably shouldn't risk it.  I'll do whatever you need to do... uh, should I make some last minute analysis of the shard before we lose custody?"

"Yeah that's a good idea.  And start up a list.  We may be lost but this is no time to stall.  We'll list this one as SCP-T1, for temporary, and fit it into the rest of the system when we go home.  Even if I have to rebuild the Order or Scientia right here, I swear... also, any gods we meet, you know what to do.  I'd like to know everything."

"Hai." Key nodded, digging out the sack with the prize inside.  She'll look at it and analyze what she can without making physical contact.
Mudada.

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2015, 12:54:02 AM »
Bianca and Key's eyes begin glowing red and Shining Enlightenment's eyes blue.  All three of them unable to move or do anything.  After a couple of minutes, all three of them return to normal.  What...what did you see? Vessy asked with a tone of concern in her voice.
Signature here.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2015, 01:00:43 AM »
"Gwah!  The fuq was that?!"

"System interruption!  ....Bianca, I may have experienced some manner of out-of-body experience.  Did you see it too?"

"Some kind of space battle.  Kinda cool but hella confusing."

"I can confirm.  I will store the data.  Um... excuse me Miss." Key piped up speaking to Vessy.  "I do not comprehend the deeper meaning behind the combat we saw.  You were present within the vision.  Can you elucidate?"
Mudada.

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2015, 01:17:26 AM »
Space battle?  Aww crap...err apparently the Psiomega shard, and the Hypernova shard, did not want to wait for me to tell you how I relate to the shards.  What you saw was a battle that almost destroyed the universe that I, well a different me, fought in.  What was the huge...world...thing?  Rather than be angry about Shining Enlightenment's question, Vessy looked very remorseful when she said, That...wasn't a world.  That was a galaxy eater class ship.  Vessy paused, very clearly looking as though she didn't know what to say, but then she looked at Bianca and said Oh.  To answer your question.  Yes, "lip service," as you said, is important if you plan to avoid being a brick in a twisted wall.  Thing.
Signature here.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2015, 01:35:43 AM »
"Craaaap."

"What's wrong Bianca?"

"Damnit.  You know what this means, right?"

"Um... it means that... I don't know."

"I want to build and fly a Galaxy Eater ship!  Key, put on our project notes: Make a Dyson Sphere ship!  It's bitchin'!"

Key sighed and rubbed her head.  Bianca, of all the things to think about....

"Also that's good, and all I needed to hear.  Alright, you held up your end.  Go ahead and give her the sack Key.  Oh, and be careful.  I don't know the extent of what immunities deityhood provides, but the shard was giving me hallucinations and wanted me to put it in my chest.  I figure it's a bad idea to handle with bare hands, FYI."  Key will hand over the goods as requested.

"Alright, now that that's decided... pony-boy!  You're gonna tell me everything about the cool gods, ok?  Something that'll respect my authority for knowledge and science is great.  Key!  Get ready to write down some notes after this, we'll rebuild the database as intended.  And the others..." she paused as she looked at the vampire, the animal running about, and, if still present, she believe she spotted a squid lady and a few others around here too.

"Actually I didn't introduce myself proper.  I am Professor Bianca Tesla, extradimensional worldhopping scientist, and currently unexpected visitor!  Don't worry, I'm friendly!  Who the hell are all you guys?  You native to this place?"
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 01:37:28 AM by SolEiji »
Mudada.

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2015, 02:19:34 AM »
As Key handed the Psiomega shard to Vessy, an odd thing happened.  The shard fell with an incredible speed tearing right through Vessy's hand and surprisingly gently landing on the sand.  Vessy tried to pick it up, but it appeared as though she were trying to lift something that weighed 4,398,000,000,000 lbs
(click to show/hide)
.  Vessy, clearly in pain and enraged, calmly as possible said to Bianca Congratulations, you get to have some more time to study it.  I must meet with the council of gods and they...rrrrrr...they will decide what to do about these things.  She looked off into the distance inland in the direction where there were figures going downhill with torches and farming tools (scythes, pitchforks, axes, etc) in hand.  Sonofa...okay Ponyboy.  My favor you owe me is this: there is a temple to a forgotten goddess of death.  Speak to them of MY name.  With her one functioning hand she pulled out a scroll, opened it up, then vanished (teleportation of some sort).

After Vessy disappeared, Shining Enlightenment nervously looked at Bianca and said I am Shining Enlightenment. the deity you would prefer would be the mighty Kiryu.  He is god of machines here.  Well there is also the alicorn king Clever Circuit, but given how you met, I don't think you want to pray to him.  Umm, that mo...group of...people seems to be getting closer.  I don't think they are happy about us being here.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 02:21:34 AM by Psysama »
Signature here.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2015, 01:06:06 AM »
The others are quiet.  Perhaps they are distracted by the distant mob.  Or the fact a god just totally got punked by a shard of evil.  Oooo, that looks like it HURT.  Key visibly squicked.  Before she knew it, the goddess was retreating, leaving the jewel behind.

"Well... huh.  Ok.  Key, gather it again.  Looks like introductions will wait a bit longer.  Those guys aren't coming for US, are they?"

"I do not know."

"Alright, we can talk on the way, let's get out of here.  Try to find some cover."  Whoever wants to follow her, do.  As far as Bianca is concerned, she is taking control of things now.  The horse, whose name seemed more like a title to her, was at least helpful.  Paladin, right?  That's what the goddess had said.  She wondered just what kind of world she had been stranded on.

While Key grabs the jewel and leads operation: find a hiding spot, Shining talked about gods and mentioned 'Kiryu'.  "Heh."  Something about that was amusing to her.  It would be funnier if she realized it actually was the thing she was thinking about.  "Sounds good, after we find safety and maybe civilization, we can pick up whatever his holy symbol is and some pamphlets.  I'm relying on you to keep me out of the wall if I die.  And I'll rely on myself not to need that in the first place."
Mudada.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2015, 02:45:51 AM »
*small bandersnatch notices the approaching mob, and wonders how long it has been since he handed out an appropriate mass ass-whoopin'*

*No one comes before a bandersnatch and his noms.  No one.*

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2015, 05:50:30 PM »
Unlike the other cowards that seemed to be making up her companions, the vampire looked in the approaching mob's direction and... calmly stood her ground. What reason did she have to fear what was most probably a group of peasants? Spear aside, and that she quickly dropped beside her so as to not be obvious, Elizabeth appeared for all the world like an innocent child. Even if things did go wrong, commoners were incredibly far down on her list of threats. First, diplomacy; the vampire would be more than happy to obtain a regular supply of nutrition.

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2015, 12:00:28 AM »
Finally the mob had reached the beach and came to a good stop about 50 feet from the party.  An old Corgynwent from all fours to just his hind legs.  He proceeded to pull out his can and hobble towards the people on the beach, one human following behind him.
He let out a friendly bark! to which his cohort replied with No you don't understand!  These people are trespassing on our beach! *confused whine*
With that Shining Enlightenment stepped forward and spoke I can speak Canine, I just request that you translate for me and your leader so my friends don't feel left in the dark. Uhhh...okay the cohort responded, surprised about the concept of a pony speaking Canine.
Ruff rufff, grrr rrrr rofl *whine* *whimper* ruff?
"I am called Chases the Dot.  What are you doing on our beach?"

Rarf raff yip yip *growl* *snort* *whine*
"We are exiles from our nations and we have been sent here to pay for our misdeeds."

After that, Chases the Dot thought for a second then spoke:
Ruff raff rooff ruf raf ruf?
"Do you come in peace?"

Rurf rowr.
"Yes we do."

Chases the Dot then turns to the mob and announces:
RURRF RUF ROOF RAF RUFFF *growls* *howls briefly* RARF!
These people are our guests!  Let us welcome them to our village and provide them with places to rest.

And with that the crowd lowered their weapons and individually greeted each of the party.  There were Equans,
(click to show/hide)
Houri, Ooblecks, Fullangrs, Zerdanis, Wukongs Flumphs, along with the usual mix of humanoids.  After they were done greeting everyone, they headed back towards their village.  Chases the Dot waited until the rest of his village were far enough away, then came up to Elizabeth, gestured Shining Enlightenment to get closer and quietly barked loud enough for Shining Enlightenment and Elizabeth to hear to which Shining Enlightenment immediately translated.
(click to show/hide)
  Chases the Dot then leads the party back to the village.
Signature here.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2015, 01:42:27 AM »
Bianca was ready to bolt, when the floating blonde girl (who Bianca seriously swore looked familiar to her) drifted by.  "Hey, where you going?"  It looks like she was going to tackle the mob head on.  That fool, what if they're violent, they look the sort.  Bianca couldn't trust her common sense right now, since as far as she knew the average person on this world might be pit fiends in disguise.  Still... right now, that crazy not-dog, the horse, and that vampire were the only three "friendly faces" she knew, and one of them didn't talk.

Damn, she can't let these guys take the heat.  They would need her extreme superscience and keen sense of cunning.

Here came the mob, lead by... a corgi.  A pang of sudden nostalgia washed over Bianca, who frowned a bit and took the situation a bit more seriously.  Wait...

The corgi was their leader.

"Key, make a note.  Some possible common thread events.  List the blonde chick as a maybe-Sifa, and the dog as a maybe-Von." she muttered quietly, watching the scene.  The floating girl was about to speak, but the dog turned to its fellow four legged fellow (the horse, not the not-dog in this case) and started barking.

I see, the horse speaks dog.  "Make another note Key, dog is a language here."

Whatever they were talking about it seemed to be enough to cool the ire on this flash mob, and before she knew it they were turning.  "Hey, Shiny Elliptical or whatever your name was.  What's going on?  Are we cool with them?  Where did they come from?

If there's a city close by, we need to know about it so we can take it over turn the populace into cyborgs restock, refuel, and figure out where the hell we are."
Mudada.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2015, 02:17:14 AM »
I stand in front of mawms, tail flicking, with an expression that says "Do not fuck with monster kitteh"

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2015, 02:16:45 AM »
Here Shining Enlightenment said as he handed out some books.  The chief said it would take about a week to get to his village, so that should give you all enough time to learn his language.  I knew there was a reason I packed these books!
Signature here.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2015, 02:26:10 AM »
Books were had and passed around.  Bianca glanced them over before handing them to Key for holding.  Poor construct.  "Language guide books?  Seems like it would take a while.  Unless.. Detect Magic."  Aha, just as she thought.  "Magic items, good.  So much for that pompous bastard before, looks like they tolerate some kind of magic after all.  Or.. wait, did they give these to you or are they yours?  Do we know which one of the languages these guys speak?  Besides dog I mean."

"Um, e-excuse me." Key interrupted.  "I have a question.  You said that a village was present a week from here?  Given the average time of walking for the average adult humanoid person, accounting for sleep and fatigue issues, all things being equal this means that the village is about 168 miles away!  Disregarding the fact they knew we were here at all, how did they arrive here this quickly?  They seem like common folk, they're not even equipped with proper military equipment."

"That's a good point, do they have a teleporter here or something?  Hold on, wait up!" she shouted, going to catch up with the miniature mob ahead of them.  "Do you speak my language?  How about now?  Now?" she said, cycling through Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Gnome, and Modron. 

If she finds a common language, she'll keep going.  Or make the horse translate.  See, if they have a teleporter, it means they can follow them, surely!  Fess up, how did you get here?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 03:07:10 AM by SolEiji »
Mudada.

Offline Psysama

• Honorary Mod
  • Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2015, 11:20:23 PM »
They were mine.  I made them for some colleagues of mine, but I got exiled before I had the chance to give them to them Shining Enlightenment replied.

One of the stronger looking Equans
(click to show/hide)
looked to Bianca and spoke We all speak Common.  Me understand Dwarven too.  Chief Chases the Dot understand MANY languages, but he only speak Canine.  We were out here by use of Chief's artifact.  We don't like using if if we don't have to, but for some reason there was big boom recently.  After boom, our plants and crops weren't thriving like they used to.  Prayers to Nature Goddess go unanswered, so we try to find out what happened.  Only find big crater...then we hear commotion from beach.  We thought it might be connection, but we only find you guys.  Maybe can help each other he says with a sad look on his face. 
Signature here.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2015, 05:10:41 AM »
"Oh good good, they all speak... common you called it?  Key, another note, witchtongue is called common here.  Also, weird that German didn't survive my translation, but witchtongue did.  Whatever." she muttered to herself, clearly going off the rails about... something.  Bianca was weird like that.  "So you have a fancy teleporting artifact right?  Why not use it to pop back home, a week's walk is a long way.  What, does it send you screaming through the devil's asshole to your destination?" she joked half-heartedly, already counting off several unpleasant teleportation experiences, including several which could be defined like that. 

"I'm just saying, seems like a tactical mishap if whoever your big muckamuck is sent you out here armed with pitchforks and expecting you to hike your way back.  The Chief's artifact... is it the dog?  Anyway yeah, you should totally have alternatives is all I'm saying.  I'd help you, but I seem to have misplaced by staff of teleportation so I'm in the same boat.

So you guys are like... farmers and stuff?  Small town?  Won't your town be in danger and all, what with not being there for a week with your canine leadership and all your burly guys you could find?"

"Perhaps there is nothing to defend.  It sounds like they are under hard times agricultural wise."

"Yeah, nature goddess right?  The gods are totally real and in your face in this place right?  I mean, can't say why she cut connections though I could always guess heh heh but tell you what.  I'm a genius, I'll teach you a bit of my amazing magical ability of hydroponics and I bet that would clean things up a bit.  Plus, big explosions also sound like my kind of thing.  Big explosions usually mean meteors, bombs, or awesome planet devouring entities being born into the world.  I'm game, is what I'm trying to say.  All you need to do is listen to my advice, yeah.

Plus, seeing as you're stranded out here with us we might as well walk in a group, right?  Get to know each other, become my assistants in the greatest experiment of all time, and take the technological advantage in the face of opposition.  It's an offer you can't refuse!"

Mudada.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2015, 02:19:08 AM »
*looks quietly at the moms*

Offline Giladriel

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2015, 10:20:51 PM »
Madea laughed as she heard the pony speaking Canine Look Foof Bear, a barking horse, bwahahahahaha!
After the village chief and the pony finished speaking, the villagers began heading back home, with some of the survivors following.  Come Foofy, hopefully their place is better than this wreck, and began moving towards the crowd.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2015, 09:29:51 AM »
As Bianca chatted it up with the villagers, Key had hung back a bit, looking around with curiosity to their surroundings and taking note.  Perhaps because she was so focused on the terrain, she was surprised when the bandersnatch scurried by and into the arms... of someone who had snuck up on them!  She did spot this one previously, one of the people who jumped ship (literally) and swam to shore.  She may have just been off shore in the water until a moment ago and they hadn't seen her come up.  Clearly, she'll have to introduce herself to this curious humanoid whose lower half had the strangest arrangement of legs ever.  So, so many legs indeed.

"Excuse me." she announced herself, approaching Madea and giving a short polite bow to the squid-woman.  "Hello, I am Key.  I missed you earlier and wasn't able to introduce myself.

...is that your pet?"
she asked, motioning to the bandersnatch whose name seems to have been "Foofy".  Something about that name was hilarious, but only to Key (and maybe Bianca, were she paying attention).

"You were also a prisoner, do you want to join us?  We're looking for a village, and information.  Me and my creator are very lost." 

Key may have had the outward appearance of being a young woman with short black hair, but there were hints of inhumanity in her nature.  Subtle "doll joints" creased at her limbs and neck, her eyes were just a bit off, too shiny and still, and of course... there was a large key ring sticking out of her back as if she were some wind up toy soldier.  Nothing about her style of dress indicated a local style, nor did her cohort Bianca who was wearing a lab coat.  Strange company.
Mudada.