Author Topic: Open Game Advertisements  (Read 3495 times)

Offline AfterCrescent

• The Real Cleric
  • Lurker
  • AC
    • View Profile
Open Game Advertisements
« on: July 18, 2012, 11:05:17 PM »
There are plenty of games open now, and more so starting up soon.  Inevitably, there will be open slots appearing in games as characters either die or real life steals them away.

This thread will serve as a bulletin board for those games. Whenever a game has an open slot, a GM may post in this thread.

Please note the game (preferably with a link) and any character creation/background information needed.

Players, please PM the GM if interested.  GMs, please edit the post when the space has been filled, both so players don't waste their time and so your inbox does not get flooded.

Please only post in this thread if you are currently running a game and have an open space to fill.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Re: Open Game Advertisements
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 09:24:01 AM »
I guess I'll drop this here...

To anyone who's interested, I'd like to announce High Arcana, an open campaign. "Open Campaign" means that anyone can join or leave at any time.  The game board is here; if you're interested, feel free to head over there and join in!

System: D&D 3.5 (houseruled)
Player Count: Any
Style of Play: Semi-sandbox; team tournament-ish, but with overarching plot.
Allowed Content: All WotC 3.5; 3.0 with permission; Dragon Mag allowed, but please give source; homebrew with permission (some has been pre-approved). Lots of people are trying out homebrew.

Introduction

The great city of Gratis, as capital to the Imperium, is home to the headquarters of both the Church of the Dark God (ruled by the Emperor of the Church, a hereditary theocrat) and the Magi (led by the five Elder Magi, immortal arcane spellcasters of immense power), the two branches of government in the Imperium.  Thousands of years ago, during the founding of the Imperium, the first Emperor was aided by the Elder Magi in banishing all gods besides the Dark God, who now holds the reins of both arcane and divine magic.  The Church runs the day-to-day business of the Imperium, while the Magi are a self-governed aristocracy.

Every year, the Magi run a contest called the High Arcana Games -- a deadly, brutal situation where teams compete independently and against each other for points.  The winning team is immediately inducted into the Magi, if they aren't already in it, or gain a lot of status if they are.  Their Magus sponsor also gains much prestige, and so cheating, bribery, and assassination are rampant.  Teams enter throughout the year-long event, with later teams attempting to catch up in the points race, or forming alliances with other newcomers to wipe out those ahead of them.

Though the various parties are forming teams, this is not an arena-esque PvP game... there may be some tangling with other PC teams, but for the most part any teams you come directly into conflict with will be NPCs.  There will be side missions, mini-quests, RP, puzzle-solving, and overarching plot, oh my!  So, come join the High Arcana Games, and put your wits (and magic) to the test.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:47:24 PM by sirpercival »
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
  • Developing a relaxed attitude toward danger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 07:14:11 PM »
Since Amechra is currently on leave, there's one slot open in The Fanged Crater to anyone who's interested. You can take a poke around here if you'd like to see what we're up to at the moment. (Mostly rocks.)

System: D&D 3.5, with obvious houserules. In addition, the game arose from a discussion on homebrew, so players are highly encouraged to make heavy use of community-created material. Characters are currently ECL 7, with detailed chargen rules available in the board.
Allowed Content: WotC 3.5, unupdated 3.0, Dragon magazine on a case-by-case basis, and virtually all homebrew. Most anything in the compendium gets a free pass, but I retain veto rights. I don't think I've ever actually used them, though, so you're probably safe.

The Story So Far:
A motley collection of outcasts and pariahs, living in a mansion far away from society, received a mysterious map -- and a mob -- one morning, marked with a strange green mouth. Traveling to the location indicated on the map revealed that an immense crater, ringed with stone spires, had opened up in the middle of unremarkable farmland and revealed an incredible wealth of minerals, but the dwarven surveyors who set up shop were quickly met by a contingent of drow who disputed their mining rights. The party is called upon to help negotiate a treaty whose details depend on the weather when it was signed, stave off open conflict between the two factions, investigate the mysterious rock putting dwarves into comas, and possibly find out who brought them there in the first place.
Homebrew Compendiums: D&D 3.5 4e/PF
IRC: #mmxgeneral on Rizon

Offline shawnrc@hotmail.com

• Lurker
  • I'm new to minmax but not to DnD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 04:20:24 AM »
No posts in here in a long time....  Are there any open games that use 3.5?

Offline dither

• Magnificent Bastard
    • View Profile
    • Rumors of War Comic
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 06:08:47 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and start even if I have just one player...

"Everything Trying To Kill You" will be open pretty much all the time.

Players can add/drop whenever they feel like, as long as they just contact me beforehand.

Nothing fancy, I should probably just know they exist and are interest. :p

--Dither
"Stuck between a rogue and a bard place."

Home of my game design blog and webcomic:
RumorsOfWarComic.com

Offline Quillwraith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 04:14:08 PM »
Souls is looking for 1-2 players. We've already started, but the current situation still allows for new PCs fairly easily.
Subforum here.