Author Topic: Which build is better for a general party?  (Read 2023 times)

Offline Masakan

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Which build is better for a general party?
« on: January 17, 2018, 09:12:12 AM »
Hello. Been a while since i posted here

I'll get right to the point, I've been working on a bard build for the longest time now, and had so many ideas rushing through my head. That I had to divide it into 2 separate builds. I finally got both of them in a state that I'm satisfied with, but I'm not sure which one to go with.

One is a Brazen Deceiver build With a focus on Shadow magic, Dirge of Doom and is just an all around Debuffer/Shadowcaster variant.

The other is a Duettist/Sound Striker Build With an emphasis on Buffs and Sonic Magic

With both of them Utilizing Enchantment Magic and Rougish elements to varying degrees

Basically this character is an alluring thief, that only really steals and in some cases kills those who deserve it. Landing her more in the chaotic good area.

The Entrancing Shadow
(click to show/hide)

The Siren
(click to show/hide)

So which one of these would be better for a Standard party?

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
Re: Which build is better for a general party?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 05:54:36 PM »
Pathfinder right?

Duplicating a class and with near duplicate roles, is not good.
Say at Tier 5, the Fighter, the Cleric healy, the Blaster Wiz and these two Bards ... everything is about the same = still tier 5 party.
But at Tier 1, the CoDzilla, the Batman Wizard, the built Psi something, and these two Bards are being treated like trainees.
Anyway ... 1 of these would be a decent compliment to Tier 4 or 3 party, depending on the make-up of that party, especially if someone prefers the particular playstyle.  But there's really no need for a 2nd one doing almost the same thing.

Your codpiece is a mimic.