Author Topic: High-End OOC thread II-Party still splitting  (Read 200732 times)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Re: High-End OOC thread II-Party still splitting
« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2014, 03:15:10 PM »
Well I DID make a dps >.>

We're all just lucky that double damage spirit only applies to a single attack <.<

Edit: Looking at it, if the Strike spirit wants to keep being a 1 round of auto hits, it probably should be more expensive  :-\
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 03:17:33 PM by ketaro »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2014, 03:16:59 PM »
To be fair, most of the spirits are pretty darn powerful. They were designed to make it easy to couple them with already efficient combos to reach much stronger effects. Especially with maneuvers. Strike, ie, could be used to get infinite damage when used with something like Avalanche of Blades (since you keep attacking until you miss, which you can't).

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2014, 03:18:26 PM »
Super Robot spirits aren't so good, comparatively. :p

Guts is sadly useless outside of the actual mecha, otherwise Amaterasu would be nigh impossible to take down through HP damage. :rolleyes

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2014, 03:19:33 PM »
I thought Strike was ruled to not work with maneuvers just normal attacks?

Eh, Super Robot spirits work pretty okay with Nanoarmor though. You're never outside your mecha *shrugs*
But, yeah, not really as useful in normal Super Robots.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 13, 2014, 04:31:10 PM »
The monster succeeds, but that seems to have been Baha's plan all along as he's left in the right position to start chewing on the dragon's leg. It's hot!
Just saying, I had to read that twice.  :P

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 13, 2014, 05:24:39 PM »
Well, they cost more spirit points but you still have access to them no matter your actual pilot type.
Super Pilots got some pretty strong spirits too, even out of the mecha. Valor is a single attack but it can still dish out monstrous damage (which can be made unavoidable with Strike).

I thought Strike was ruled to not work with maneuvers just normal attacks?
Perhaps. I don't remember reading that but it isn't stated in the Spirit list nor the spirit section in the basics.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 13, 2014, 05:36:08 PM »
Valor COSTS more than Strike, though. Even for a Super Pilot. And, well... just look at what Strike does with enough attacks. :lmao

Assault would be useful if this wasn't gestalt, making its replacement... rather easier to get. And apparently Os always intended this stuff to be gestalted or something? @_@

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 14, 2014, 12:30:07 AM »
Just a small detail I thought I'd point out: E-Prototype is still stuck in the rubles and thus couldn't help you.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 14, 2014, 02:51:01 AM »
Hahaha, I find that hilarious xD

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #189 on: March 14, 2014, 07:37:45 AM »
After witnessing the devastation unleashed by you players extensive playtesting, I decided to make some spirit changes, starting next turn:

-Nerfed Strike to apply just to one attack, but also reduced the cost back to 20 SP.
-Buffed up Assault to allow it to work with fullround maneuvers, heavy weapons and charges.

Hey, Os, mind moving Amaterasu back a few more squares so she has enough of a run-up to keep up the spring attack stuff? :p

Can't update the map right now, but you can assume that yes.

I was about to jump to protect Hugo but then noticed....you're invisible and the counter requires "any ally within sight" >.>

Nonetheless, time for some battlefield control.
Time to show the dragon I CAN push him around!  :shakefist

Edit: By the by, if it works, the dragon being thrown across the room will provoke AoOs :p

@Os: Just incase, Iron Wave does say 5mu per 5 damage, and it'd probably be downscaled to 5ft per 5 damage outside of a mecha but then Overdrive converts everything I do up into MU so I'm under the assumption it brings that back up to the normal 5mu per 5 damage......Of course even if that interpretation is stupid and silly (-_-') 5ft per 5 damage still works and I'm still trying to throw it out of the room.
Actually, that's precisely the kind of effects I intended for the Moon Vanguard to be able to do when I created that class! You still are limited on a straight line, but yes that should be enough to push it off the room.

By the way, Osle, I hate to be a pain (and I'm not sure if it applies anyway) but you know Hugo has a constant concealment effect from SCM, right?
Ups, forgot it. The dragon then can't make an Aoo and the first attack on its turn misses due to Alert, gonna update the IC. You should probably include such non-standard-defense buffs in your IC combat posts, kinda hard for me to remember all such details for all players across my campaigns. :-\

Now would be an excellent time to present Mao's updated sheet, you know?
Oh cruds. Yes! Good idea.
Hurried up and made the changes. I already had notes on where I imagined taking things so I just had to figure out the new numbers for everything. Getting through this now reminded me of why I always didn't work long on the sheet before working on some other stuff. Its awfully boring.

The changes I noticed weren't specified in the list of changes I gave you were the equipment and maneuvers.
I see from my notes I was getting rid of: the +4 Con item, the Strong Leg graft, the +9 competence Profession (Gardener) item, the Into the Danger Zone extra maneuver item.
To in turn get: Ring of Evasion and increase my +Str item from +1 to +6.

For the maneuvers, I swapped (or lost/gained since the classes granting maneuvers changed) the following changes:

Lost:
(click to show/hide)
Gained:
(click to show/hide)

Being a super pilot also got her an extra spirit. Took Zeal.
Looking good.

So, does this dragon have the ability to tank 360 damage, or has it just been minced?
Pretty hurt, but still standing. It has more than simple DR keeping it going. :smirk

Just a small detail I thought I'd point out: E-Prototype is still stuck in the rubles and thus couldn't help you.
Finally someone noticed it! :P

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 14, 2014, 08:27:29 AM »
Sorry, I just remembered it myself.  :P
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 14, 2014, 09:31:05 AM »
Hmm, I take it placing Unlimited Blade Works over the dragon in multiple places won't force it to save multiple times against all the swords? :p

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 14, 2014, 12:12:30 PM »
Actually, that reminds me, speaking of E-Prototype, at least the top half of that rubble should have been cleared when I used that maneuver to get myself out from under all the rocks. The gardening check would've cleared whatever rubble was occupying the same spaces I was throughout that movement. :p (But I have no idea where she is anyways)

And then the nerf for Strike, while I'm not against it, it does kind of put that spirit back into the "never gonna get used again" side of things now  :-\
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 12:14:13 PM by ketaro »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 14, 2014, 05:34:39 PM »
If it allows you to make sure that one important attack connects (especially if you pump it with the likes of Power Attack) then it is still essentially pretty darn good.
Speaking of it, I think it should cancel out with Alert instead of not being able to beat it. So you can attack a target under Alert normally.
It would balance out especially considering Alert is cheaper to activate.

I just noticed that my Special Doll cannot use Riverside View maneuvers because it is a construct so I swapped the maneuver feats for other stuff and changed its maneuver item for Mysterious Millennium (while the maneuvers are still OP).
I'd use Super Youkai Warhead since it fits with the whole tech-age era but I'll wait until it gets reviewed.
I know Special Doll isn't what it should be yet but I'll have it as is until you finish it.

As for using Dolls in Mecha-scale, I recall your answer to my question on the matter a long way back: Dolls are still their normal size but everything is in Mu-scale.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 14, 2014, 06:04:59 PM »
Eeeeeeh, I guess.
Yeah, if it's just one attack now then, Strike should be able to pierce Alert.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #195 on: March 18, 2014, 08:44:06 AM »
Changed Strike to cancel with Alert.

Hmm, I take it placing Unlimited Blade Works over the dragon in multiple places won't force it to save multiple times against all the swords? :p

If you read the maneuver again, you'll notice the damage is irrelevant  of how many cubes the creature is inside of.

I know Special Doll isn't what it should be yet but I'll have it as is until you finish it.
As for using Dolls in Mecha-scale, I recall your answer to my question on the matter a long way back: Dolls are still their normal size but everything is in Mu-scale.
Correct.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 18, 2014, 09:09:06 AM »
Changed Strike to cancel with Alert.

If you read the maneuver again, you'll notice the damage is irrelevant  of how many cubes the creature is inside of.

Correct.

I was thinking that it could be placed so any five foot step from a reflex save moves it so it's still inside one of the cubes, forcing another save or something. XD

EDIT: Why would the cone of cold deal extra damage if it has the cold subtype? @_@
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 01:45:26 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 18, 2014, 06:18:22 PM »
@RD:He meant cold vulnerability for having the fire subtype.

@Osle: I suppose that although mechas benefit from self-buff class abilities, they do not benefit from the HP increasing class abilities. I could be wrong though as they seem to fit the description of what is transferred to the mecha. Just in case I didn't apply them to the mechas' hp when One with the Machine isn't active.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 18, 2014, 06:25:06 PM »
Please let me know if the dragon is alive, since that seems to be on the order of another 400 damage. XD

Os, you might want to delete my screwups with posting in the wrong thread. x_x

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 18, 2014, 07:43:28 PM »
More between 200-280 dmg (I think) + the cone of cold damage. One attack is an auto-miss for rolling a natural 1.