Author Topic: Great General Discussion and Suggestions II-Z  (Read 80147 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Great General Discussion and Suggestions II-Z
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2018, 07:33:18 PM »
I really like Ragna Reactor. It's a super cool way of modeling super modes, but why does it require transform? Vilkiss (the inspiration, going by that gif you used) isn't the only ragnamail with a super mode like that (Embryo's Hysterica does it too), and the other don't have transforms. It also restricts other build space. For example, I could totally see using it to model the Granzon's upgrade into Neo Granzon (done in battle in Dark Prison and Moon Dwellers), except Granzon doesn't transform. Similarly, the NT-D system on the Gundam Unicorn could be well modeled if not for the transform requirement (and also the fact that it's a real, but so is Vilkiss).

Fair enough, removed the Transform prerequisite.

Also the Unicorn Gundam and Vilkiss are fine examples of real/super multiclass. They look quite "real" at first glance, and then suddenly are pulling time-space-bending powers out of nowhere. The Unicorn Gundam even goes "ppfftt, I don't actually need beam swords/sabers, I shall DEFEAT YOU WITH MY FISTS! ORA ORA ORA ORA!!!" and later on shoots a giant wave of freezing light that stops a whole fleet.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2018, 10:26:09 AM »
Speaking of which, can you purposely end Berserk?

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2018, 04:19:22 PM »
Also

1: Did you see my message about how I might have made the MV/PP feat more general.

2: Can a battleship do a "fly-run"

2.5: Can you fly-run whilst using cruising speed

3: Do movement boosting accessories get boosted by things like running or cruising speed?

« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 04:43:01 PM by Sweetiebot »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2018, 09:08:29 PM »
Speaking of which, can you purposely end Berserk?

Yes, don't attack and don't get attacked.

Also

1: Did you see my message about how I might have made the MV/PP feat more general.

2: Can a battleship do a "fly-run"

2.5: Can you fly-run whilst using cruising speed

3: Do movement boosting accessories get boosted by things like running or cruising speed?

1: If you insist, made it more general. Also by chance, did you see my message about if you could give us a short overview of your party composition and campaign?  :)

2: Yes.

2.5: No, only basic movement.

3: Yes, their bonus would be multiplied too.

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2018, 01:21:44 AM »
1: Honestly, the character is more or less just in the planning stage right now.

2: If we have the Star-Lotus Ship, could we make it count as a stage ship with Vanguard Princess?

Not Really A Problem But Still Kinda Weird: Its still called Vanguard Princess

3: If I Disable All Safeties (the SFOH stance) and then activate cruising speed, am I going three times faster, or six (if you can't be in a stance whilst using cruising speed, how the hell does warp speed work)

4: Do landships, submarines and seaships still get five mu for every two Captain levels?

5: If I'm the Heir Apparant (pp rags to riches option), does my Royal Nanoarmour have full Hp, dr and all that stuff too?

6: If I'm a lady, do I need to have my boobs out to be shirtless, or is a bra fine?

7: The seventh tier of PARA-MAIL probably isn't meant to lose an accessory slot
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 03:34:38 AM by Sweetiebot »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2018, 01:54:28 AM »
1: Honestly, the character is more or less just in the planning stage right now.

2: If we have the Star-Lotus Ship, could we make it count as a stage ship with Vanguard Princess?

Not Really A Problem But Still Kinda Weird: Its still called Vanguard Princess

3: If I Disable All Safeties (the SFOH stance) and then activate cruising speed, am I going three times faster, or six (if you can't be in a stance whilst using cruising speed, how the hell does warp speed work)

4: Do landships, submarines and seaships still get five mu for every two Captain levels?

5: If I'm the Heir Apparant (pp rags to riches option), does my Royal Nanoarmour have full Hp, dr and all that stuff too?

6: If I'm a lady, do I need to have my boobs out to be shirtless, or is a bra fine?

7: The seventh tier of PARA-MAIL probably isn't meant to lose an accessory slot

1: Well, can you share with us what level and what's the rough campaign plot intro your DM gave?  :P

2: Yes, and I'm keeping the name since I like how it turned out.

3: They stack, but only four times as fast since in D&D, unless otherwise noted, a x3 multiplier and a x2 multiplier would result in a x4 multiplier (one is adding +200% and another +100% for a total of +300% movement speed).

4: Yes.

5: Yes.

6:
(click to show/hide)
7: Fixed, thanks!

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2018, 05:37:54 AM »
This is apparently from the SRD

"When applying multipliers to real-world values (such as weight or distance), normal rules of math apply instead. A creature whose size doubles (thus multiplying its weight by 8) and then is turned to stone (which would multiply its weight by a factor of roughly 3) now weighs about 24 times normal, not 10 times normal. Similarly, a blinded creature attempting to negotiate difficult terrain would count each square as 4 squares (doubling the cost twice, for a total multiplier of ×4), rather than as 3 squares (adding 100% twice)."

Hence, since the speed is measured in distance, I actually could be going six times faster.

If it makes you feel any better, at least you don't have a situation where the equation you thought was written as (carrying capacity) times 4 times X, where x is the number of times someone picked a certain option, was actually, under RAW, (carrying capacity) times 4 to the power of X, which is a real exploit I found in the Evolutionist homebrew, on the GitP forums.

Also, who exactly even can use the Terror Tactics and Neo Granzon schools? Right now, they seem to be schools with no pupils

Incidentally, should the Safari tactical option gain the choices of creating a PARA-MAIL or a BONTA-KUN?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 08:36:37 AM by Sweetiebot »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2018, 10:36:53 AM »
This is apparently from the SRD

"When applying multipliers to real-world values (such as weight or distance), normal rules of math apply instead. A creature whose size doubles (thus multiplying its weight by 8) and then is turned to stone (which would multiply its weight by a factor of roughly 3) now weighs about 24 times normal, not 10 times normal. Similarly, a blinded creature attempting to negotiate difficult terrain would count each square as 4 squares (doubling the cost twice, for a total multiplier of ×4), rather than as 3 squares (adding 100% twice)."

Hence, since the speed is measured in distance, I actually could be going six times faster.
Hahaha, fair enough but added clause to the intro that any multipliers from this material will stack like said before to keep things a bit in check.  :P

Also, who exactly even can use the Terror Tactics and Neo Granzon schools? Right now, they seem to be schools with no pupils
As pointed in their intros, either can be swapped by any one school from the pilot classes that get them. Basic idea being that they can all of supers/reals/ship captain. Nevermind seems like I completely forgot to add that clause to those two, fixed now.  :blush

Incidentally, should the Safari tactical option gain the choices of creating a PARA-MAIL or a BONTA-KUN?

Done.

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2018, 01:28:17 PM »
1. That's bullshit and you know it

2. Since the wiki says this is intended for usage with Pathfinder, is a Stage Ship an artificial structure?

This
 is why that's a question; https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/harmonic-sage

3. Since you're seemingly down with just making whatever a feat, could we have a feat that makes our mechas start working according to the laws of physics again? :P

4: If I have the Star Lotus Ship, can I take Ship Captain feats?

5: How does a spaceship wield the Granzon Sword? Actually, considering the transform property, how do tanks and planes do it? Come to think of it, since Supers and Battleships can both use Into The Danger Zone, how do they kick?

Rocket punches are missiles shaped like fists, obviously.

6: The TOUHOU feat allows pilots to take Drunken Demon. I am PRETTY SURE a Mecha is heavy machinery, and thus, should NOT be piloted when drunk.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 04:50:08 PM by Sweetiebot »

Offline CKirk

• Something something optimization.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2018, 01:54:27 PM »

2. Since the wiki says this is intended for usage with Pathfinder, is a Stage Ship an artificial structure?

This
 is why that's a question; https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/harmonic-sage

This isn't actually intended for pathfinder. We (the wiki people) provide a conversion because we prefer PF to 3.x and as such, yes, it counts.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2018, 07:47:59 PM »
1. That's bullshit and you know it

This

3. Since you're seemingly down with just making whatever a feat, could we have a feat that makes our mechas start working according to the laws of physics again? :P

4: If I have the Star Lotus Ship, can I take Ship Captain feats?

5: How does a spaceship wield the Granzon Sword? Actually, considering the transform property, how do tanks and planes do it? Come to think of it, since Supers and Battleships can both use Into The Danger Zone, how do they kick?

Rocket punches are missiles shaped like fists, obviously.

6: The TOUHOU feat allows pilots to take Drunken Demon. I am PRETTY SURE a Mecha is heavy machinery, and thus, should NOT be piloted when drunk.

1. If you think so, you can either explain why I shouldn't cover for obscure rule loopholes or just ask your DM to change it.

Disclaimer about “Realism”
In space there is no atmosphere and gravity's effect is a lot weaker among other details.
However pretty much every action show/game doesn't care about that. You can hear lasers and explosions, while having your engine turned on at the same potency simply results in constant velocity and you need to turn on the turbo to go faster and when you turn off said turbo you lose speed despite no atmosphere to slow you down. That's even more true in SRWd20 games where Evangelions can just run in space and martial art robots can slam you against the void and don't care about the whole virtually zero weight factor.
Plus the purpose of SRW d20 is having mecha fun and not to be a physics simulator. Think of the catgirls. If a player at your table complains, just say it's because of magic/extremely advanced SCIENCE!

4. Yes.

5. Either a sword/boot shaped battering ram, the vehicle has servo arms like the ReHome from Gundam Seed Astray, or an hatch open and out comes a sword/boot.

6. Heavy machinery shouldn't be piloted by untrained underage kids/animals either, and that never stopped anybody in a mecha show. Also, Turn A Gundam does have drunken pilots at least.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 08:00:28 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2018, 02:10:18 AM »

Okay fine I guess if this isn't a physics simulator it makes sense that things don't work according to physics

That being said, I would like to point out that this isn't a loophole, this is just straight up the basic rules of the game. Like, no disrespect, but I would hardly call the laws of physics of the game an "obscure loophole"

Incidentally, I am imagining a star lotus ship medbay as being staffed with Inchlings using attack on titan gear to bandage wounds. (or at least androids the size of inchlings)

Also what happens if I take humongous ship for my SLS?

Additionally, there seems to be no way to use the Lunar Dial maneuvers that need knives in a Mecha, despite it being a valid TOUHOU option, and Chinese Star is listed as a discipline you can take, but TOUHOU says you must fulfill all prerequisites, and the prerequisite for knowing Chinese Star is a feat that, itself, grants access to Chinese Star. I don't think having two black belts in Chinese Star is actually worth anything?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 01:52:59 PM by Sweetiebot »

Offline CKirk

• Something something optimization.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2018, 02:16:23 PM »
New races, hooray!
Greater Aura Voice feat lets you learn Breath of Fire maneuvers. Can you use those in Aura Monster form?
Zentradi says that they're Colossal, but the Commander Type feat says that normally they're Gargantuan. Which is correct?
Darling Stamen & Pistil question: Lets say you roll a 6 on the d12 and have three relationship feats. Do you get 6 points (0 con drained, + 6 from DS&P) or 12 points (6 rolled + 6 from DS&P)?
Protodeviln don't have natural flight? What about Sivil?  :P
Also I just noticed that none of your races have a listed Favored Class. Is that intentional?

Offline Fzzr

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2018, 09:25:55 PM »
Ooh, new races. You might want to make a few placeholder posts before I do a copyediting run =P. Also this inspired me to finish my Zero Two/Hiro/Strelizia builds since there's new stuff to swap in.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2018, 12:01:47 AM »

Okay fine I guess if this isn't a physics simulator it makes sense that things don't work according to physics

That being said, I would like to point out that this isn't a loophole, this is just straight up the basic rules of the game. Like, no disrespect, but I would hardly call the laws of physics of the game an "obscure loophole"

It is obscure because combat statistics like damage follow one set of multipliers but other combat statistics like movement speed follow another set of multipliers.

Meanwhile D&D's basic "physics" do produce plenty of borked results like the loophole of selling walls of iron, flesh-to-saltified creatures and the ultimate combat strategy being just dropping really heavy objects from above which seemingly has 100% precision because it neither needs an attack roll nor allows a save.

So the point of adding that SRWd20 clause is precisely to reign in that crazy a bit. Full multiplications stack pretty damn fast, so it's better to play it safe.

Incidentally, I am imagining a star lotus ship medbay as being staffed with Inchlings using attack on titan gear to bandage wounds. (or at least androids the size of inchlings)
Now I'm picturing Angelic Layer healbot versions.

Also what happens if I take humongous ship for my SLS?
A really big nanoarmor.

Additionally, there seems to be no way to use the Lunar Dial maneuvers that need knives in a Mecha, despite it being a valid TOUHOU option, and Chinese Star is listed as a discipline you can take, but TOUHOU says you must fulfill all prerequisites, and the prerequisite for knowing Chinese Star is a feat that, itself, grants access to Chinese Star. I don't think having two black belts in Chinese Star is actually worth anything?

Good points, added some extra synergies for both.

New races, hooray!
Greater Aura Voice feat lets you learn Breath of Fire maneuvers. Can you use those in Aura Monster form?
Yes, clatrified.

Zentradi says that they're Colossal, but the Commander Type feat says that normally they're Gargantuan. Which is correct?
Colossal as they're supposed to be about 30 ft tall, fixed.

Darling Stamen & Pistil question: Lets say you roll a 6 on the d12 and have three relationship feats. Do you get 6 points (0 con drained, + 6 from DS&P) or 12 points (6 rolled + 6 from DS&P)?
12 points.

Protodeviln don't have natural flight? What about Sivil?  :P
Remind me, did all Protodeviln fly in Macross? I assumed she was getting that ability from class levels, otherwise I guess I can find a way to fit that in.

Also I just noticed that none of your races have a listed Favored Class. Is that intentional?

Lazyness plus I forgot favored classes even exist. But if you insist, added some. Also Musk Cat.

Ooh, new races. You might want to make a few placeholder posts before I do a copyediting run =P. Also this inspired me to finish my Zero Two/Hiro/Strelizia builds since there's new stuff to swap in.

Added placeholders, although feel free to discuss the races here too in this case. Also glad to hear those builds are still being worked on.

Offline Fzzr

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2018, 02:40:44 AM »
Added placeholders, although feel free to discuss the races here too in this case. Also glad to hear those builds are still being worked on.

That may have been excessive... or do you really have that many races planned? :o

Anyway posted my races edits and the first quarter of the Franxx sheets.

Edit: But seriously, put placeholders on Traits, it's only a matter of time...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 03:01:19 AM by Fzzr »

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2018, 03:55:04 AM »
1: Actually, thirty feet tall is Huge, not Collossal

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Table_of_Creature_Size_and_Scale

2: Allow me to clarify my previous question. If I am a ninth level Moon Vanguard, with a Star Lotus Ship, and I take the Humongous Ship feat, does this mean I can make my ship Huge and Enormous, Enormous being the next one up from collosal according to Gramarie, specifically Eldrikinetics, but not Gargantuan or Collosal?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2018, 04:17:32 AM »

That may have been excessive... or do you really have that many races planned? :o
There's quite a bit more from Phantasy Star alone I've got my eyes on:
-Motavians from IV, blue bird-like flightless humanoid aliens that are really good at scavenging for shiny stuff. +Wis/Con, -Int/Dex
-Dezorians from II and IV, green aliens with a connection to the divine and business. +Wis/Int, -Dex/Str.
-Beasts from Phantasy Star Universe, like Newmen but engineered for brawn over brains. +2 to physical of their choice, -2 Int.
-Duman from Phantasy Star Online II, mutants with horns, can go over limits at the cost of their own safety.
-Weaponoids from the PSOII mobile spin-off, combat chips that can manifest bodies of energy and directly integrate with a mecha's weapons. +Cha, -Wis

Would also like to do cyber-fairies from Mega-Man, aka beings of pure energy and data. Pseudo-ethereal. -Str, +to mental stat of choice.

There's also Saurians from the Dinossaur Empire (great physical boosts, natural weapons but extra vulnerable to beams?) and Half-Saurians (less physical boosts, no natural weapons but no beam vulnerability?) from Getter.

Anyway posted my races edits and the first quarter of the Franxx sheets.
Looking good so far.

Edit: But seriously, put placeholders on Traits, it's only a matter of time...
Done.

1: Actually, thirty feet tall is Huge, not Collossal

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Table_of_Creature_Size_and_Scale
Well Zentradi are supposed to be the size of a Valkyrie and a VALKYRIE is colossal, so Zentradi staying colossal. :P

2: Allow me to clarify my previous question. If I am a ninth level Moon Vanguard, with a Star Lotus Ship, and I take the Humongous Ship feat, does this mean I can make my ship Huge and Enormous

We prefer to call it Colossal+ around here.

But I see the problem, so added some extra text to Lotus Ship so that Humongous Ship increases the size limit you can go instead of jumping sizes.

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2018, 05:41:02 AM »
1: "plus another size at 11th, 13th, 15th, 17th and 19th Moon Vanguard levels."

Just to check, this is on top of the already there size increases?

2: It just hit me how kinda f-ed up using the Chrome option of Gate to Nowhere could be

"Hey, bro, I need some help over here"

"Sure thing brah, here's a self-destruct button!"

3: Why do ship captains not have the option to take traits or TOUHOU?

4: I now have decided that Zendrati pull off weird shit that would make people decide to stop drinking whenever they are witnessed doing anything reliant on size, such as grappling and making melee attacks at their full reach.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 08:30:48 AM by Sweetiebot »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2018, 06:23:43 AM »
Bipedal colossal creatures are indeed 60 feet tall, but those also are only 6 squares tall on the board thus 30 feet  :p