Author Topic: $OOC Thread  (Read 154059 times)

Offline ieatfood7

• View Profile
Re: $OOC Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2012, 11:13:00 PM »
I will wait to post in the janus thread until my commune questions get answered.

We have about a half dousen good plans floting, and maybe some intel will winnow out the winning ideas from therest.

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
  • Organizations are imaginary.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2012, 12:01:21 AM »
COMMUNE posted.

For the first time since we started, I'm all caught up with everyone's posts.

It's a beautiful thing!!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 12:04:19 AM by MetroMagic »

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2012, 06:41:20 AM »
I honestly don't mind being "railroaded" at this point of the campaign. Imagine if we roleplayed the whole trip from Radiance to Acheron? I would meet the other guys at the end of 2012. And I'm anxious for meeting them because I have a good plan that needs critics.
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline ieatfood7

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2012, 09:26:20 AM »
Ok, I think i have the last details on my character's items and the fighting style for Sheerak finished.  I found a way to afford the ring I wanted for the Pixie.  I had to make it a 2 uses per day item instead of continuous, but that's ok, and gives him something to save up for.  He has a Ring of White Lies (using the custom item costing rules http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm)  It can only be used by a good character, they have to have at least 10 ranks in Diplomacy and in Bluff, and it casts Glibness twice per day at caster level 7.

Also, Sheerak was abler to afford a permanent telepathic bond with the Pixie, which I had wanted her to have gotten them years ago as a birthday gift.  Now the math works for her to have afforded it!

I promise I will not make any tweaks once we get started.  These are things I had been passivley crunching numbers on since character creation, and I figure until we leave Sybil, these details are ok to fiddle.  Let me know if you disagree.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2012, 09:42:11 AM »
Metro-

Don't worry about a little railroading or a little fudging. First off, I know you're good for it. Secondly, when you're trying to herd together a ranger, an undead paladin, an emerald dwarf, a warrior tiefling, a pixie captain, hordes of NPC's, a time traveler, and Sable.... you need a few railroads. ;)

As for fudging the rolls, what are we using here? Two, three, four different systems? Besides, what self respecting DM doesn't fudge a roll now and then in the party's favor? If I ran all of my campaigns exactly as the dice commanded me to, there'd be a wake of dead adventurers across the world, and no one in any campaign universe would aspire to be anything more then a well trained farmer. :)
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ieatfood7

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2012, 11:01:52 AM »
I was curious how Halfaz has a BAB of 16 (with the fourth ful round attack) at level 11 and how he has level 2 and 3 psi powers with 2 levels of psi warrior?  I am not worried about imbalances at all, since I'm pulling from the powerfull Races of War homebrew for classes and feats both, but I am very curious.

Hmmmm....I see that your weapon is "+1/+1"....I've only ever played 3.5 (or 3.0) D&D.....is that something from 4.0 or some other system?  That would explain my confusion on the other things I bet.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2012, 12:16:22 PM »
Harssafs have LA +4 and his race gives him +6 to BAB (MMIII, page 83). His fighter levels add +3, his Psychic Warrior levels give him +1 and his War Mind levels give him +6 for a total of +16. His 4th level of his prestige class gives him access to one 2nd level psionic power and his 6th level gives him a 3rd level power. Check the War Mind prestige class in the Expanded Psionics Handbook's page 155.
His weapon is a double-bladed scimitar and 3.5 states each side of a double-edged weapon need to be enchanted separately. That's why it's +1/+1. Take a look at the second note of tables 7-11 and 7-12, page 222 of the Dungeon Master's Guide.
And his character sheet only uses 3.5 stuff.
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline ieatfood7

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2012, 01:14:37 PM »
That makes perfect sense.  Thanks, curiosity sated.  I have never come across the warmind or that race before.

Offline lgallindo

• Lurker
  • I'm not new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2012, 08:39:48 PM »
Hello people,

Are we waiting for any other PC to arrive at Champagne Inn?

Offline lgallindo

• Lurker
  • I'm not new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2012, 08:44:00 PM »
If I ran all of my campaigns exactly as the dice commanded me to, there'd be a wake of dead adventurers across the world, and no one in any campaign universe would aspire to be anything more then a well trained farmer. :)

Actually... My Ravenloft group decided it was enough, and settled as fruit farmers. And I'm not allowed to DM it anymore. I think now I know why.

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2012, 08:52:57 PM »
Are we waiting for any other PC to arrive at Champagne Inn?

I think we're still waiting for Halfaz, Halt, and of course, Star.  Metro, do we know what's happening with Sam?

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2012, 04:06:24 AM »
Underway, not waiting! But yes, still due to arrive, are Halfaz and Ptolemaeus. Halt is there now, in the conference room archway.

Sam... he wrote two weeks ago that he was planning to start posting again, so I'm hoping.

Renee... was gung-ho, then disappeared. Would be very surprised, happy too, very cool character, 1800s French.

Brutus... wrote last week that he was working on a first big post, and was hoping to be in shortly, so I'm hoping there too. He seemed pretty likely.

Offline ieatfood7

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2012, 11:04:26 AM »
Not a big deal, but I wanted to say that Sheerak is listed as having black feathered wings.  I think the ability says they can be batlike, insectile, or feathered, and that there is no functional difference between them.

Offline ieatfood7

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2012, 11:39:50 AM »
Oh, and i was wondering how you will rule on bluff, probably good to understand your rule rather than be surprised by the mechanics later. 

Usually, a claim that is "way out there, almost too incredible to consider" gets a 20 point handicap, but few random monsters have a sense motive high enough to beat Vir's bluff (at least not while enhanced) even with a 20 point handicap. 

With the Races of War skill feat Con Artist, I can plant suggestions if my bluff beats theirs by 20 points (usually needs to beat by 50 points).  http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/suggestion.htm

Will this:

(1) be played by RAW, making Vir very powerful (it would be nearly impossible to believe that the head of the slavers ring was under observation and sent this pixie to move all the slaves and records since no one would susspect a pixie, and the slave camp is also under observation, so no communication out fo the base is permitted by the head boss, but it is conceivable, so VIR can just walk away with the slaves and all the buyer records to turn in to the authorities),

(2) be played RAW but I should expect many/most enemies to have surprisingly high sense motive stats (that umber hulk just rolled a 59 sense motive check...impressive?)

or

(3) be done in some other way that you devise (bluffs can be "hard to believe or puts the target at significant risk" but can never be "way out there, almost too incredible to consider"...or something else)?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:43:38 PM by ieatfood7 »

Offline GuyFawkes

• Remember, remember, the fifth of November
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2012, 04:35:28 PM »
I would have to agree with Metro on Vir's stories being put in Sheerak's character thread. Keeps it more organized, in that we would know where to look for details on a specific character.

Offline ieatfood7

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2012, 04:42:33 PM »
I can do that, but I thought it would be fun and in character for him to try to get others to join in the singing.  Sea shanties work best with a group of people clapping and atking turns making up verses.  ;)

And lets say 300 years ago for Vir.  That allows for fun with some people being awed by him, but virtually no one recognizing him before he anounces himself.  Also helps him go incognito for a while.  His adventures thus far were pretty limited to the area around Sheerak's home on only that plane.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 04:44:23 PM by ieatfood7 »

Offline GuyFawkes

• Remember, remember, the fifth of November
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2012, 04:53:57 PM »
No reason why we can't do that there as well. The point is it's rather centered on Vir so it is still appropriately placed there.

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2012, 06:21:40 PM »
http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Con_Artist_(3.5e_Feat)

Here's what I found:

Con Artist (3.5e Feat)
Con Artist [Skill]
You can fool some of the people, all of the time.

Benefits: This is a skill feat that scales with your ranks in Bluff

0 ranks: You gain a +3 bonus to Bluff checks.
    4 ranks: Magic effects that would detect your lies or force you to speak the truth must succeed on a caster level check with DC equal to 10 plus your ranks in Bluff or fail.
    9 ranks: Divination magic used on you detects a false alignment of your choice. You can present false surface thoughts to detect thoughts and similar effects, and change your apparent Intelligence score (and thus your apparent mental strength) to up to ten points higher and any value lower.
    14 ranks: If you beat someone's Sense Motive check by 20, you can instill a suggestion in them, as the spell. This suggestion lasts for one hour for each of your character levels. You can also use suggestion as a spell-like ability at will.
    19 ranks: You are protected by mind blank at all times.

Let's go back to the With Janis thread to handle this situationally. "BLUFF" is a sistuational thing, not just a simple opposed roll.

Offline ieatfood7

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2012, 09:26:15 AM »
I am stillc onfused by how you want to handle bluff.  If its not an opposed roll, then why would I put any points into bluff?  If its a combination of the results of the opposed roll and the situation as interpreted by the DM, thats fine, but if we're not going by the rules for "unlikely" "very unlikely" "almosty impossible to believe" from the SRD, then its hard for me to even have a guess on what I probably can or probably can't do with bluff.

This is not a real complaint, as I think it best for social things to take the roll and the situation into account.  I just could use a little more guidance.  No rush, though, as it look slike a moot point for the moment with no buyers allwoed in...I'll post later today.

Offline Debatra

• Kaedanis Pyran
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2012, 10:37:05 AM »
Gates can only be as small as 5'.
Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.